• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

It started as a witch hunt. And it still is

Only if you are of the opinion that Gamergate started the moment that phrase was coined. Underlying problem that have grown into what is now this mess have existed for years. You cannot just focus on the last 2 months and think it explain the whole history of that group's mindset (which I admit is toxic at this point). It is best to figure out what caused such an opinion to grow in the first place.

I hope Dan seemingly gives up on Smash Bros. as part of a bargain, then points out later that they're two separate games and the other version is still up for consideration.

daydream

Banned
Hour 9 of the GB GOTY podcast: Dan and Brad engage in a hot dog eating contest to determine whether Smash 4 or Destiny gets the 10th spot.

Then Patrick busts out Hyrule Warriors which Dan will support just to end the argument and to get back at Jeff for blocking all Nintendo games, Alex will have gone to bed by that time due to the time zone difference, Jeff already quit the site 5 hours into the discussion, taking as many Buckfast bottles as he could carry with him, and Drew has run off to get a fire extinguisher because the podcasting equipment overheated.

And that's how a Musou game made GB's top 10.

Myggen

I think there's absolutely 0 chance Jeff allows Smash to be on the list.

Unless Patrick becomes a huge fan of Smash on the Wii U or something, only Dan will fight for it and he's not even the biggest Smash fan out there.I doubt Dan will even make much of a case for it to be on the top 10 (it'll probably be on his personal list though), pick your battles and all that.

Tucah

you speak so well
Unless Patrick becomes a huge fan of Smash on the Wii U or something, only Dan will fight for it and he's not even the biggest Smash fan out there.I doubt Dan will even make much of a case for it to be on the top 10 (it'll probably be on his personal list though), pick your battles and all that.

Yeah that's kind of what I figured - Dan would bring it up, Jeff would go on a little rant about why Smash sucks, Dan would drop it.

Then Patrick busts out Hyrule Warriors which Dan will support just to end the argument and to get back at Jeff for blocking all Nintendo games, Alex will have gone to bed by that time due to the time zone difference, Jeff already quit the site 5 hours into the discussion, taking as many Buckfast bottles as he could carry with him, and Drew has run off to get a fire extinguisher because the podcasting equipment overheated.

And that's how a Musou game made GB's top 10.

Top 5 is Bayo 2, MK8, both Smashes and Zeruda Musou. Jeff quits the site and drinks for a solid week.

jgminto

I could see both Smash and Destiny in the top 10 list because how many games actually came out this year that they will remember?

I bet the 2013 game of 2014 will be a tougher category then the actual GOTY.

And Destiny will be in the top 10. This year sucked. Pretty much anything they all played will make the list.

I could see both Smash and Destiny in the top 10 list because how many games actually came out this year that they will remember?

Besides those two, there's Mordor, MK8, Divinity, Shovel Knight, D4, Wolfenstein, Alien, Titanfall, South Park, Jazzpunk and Hearthstone. I think any of those could make it into a Top 10. Plus there's still Evil Within, the AssCreeds, Captain Toad and (big one) Far Cry 4 to be released.

Myggen

Besides those two, there's Mordor, MK8, Divinity, Shovel Knight, D4, Wolfenstein, Alien, Titanfall, South Park, Jazzpunk and Hearthstone. I think any of those could make it into a Top 10. Plus there's still Evil Within, the AssCreeds, Captain Toad and (big one) Far Cry 4 to be released.

Does Diablo III: Reaper of Souls count?

Zaph

lzrpQtc.png

perfect-storm-scene-o.gif

We're gonna need a bigger fridge :(

daydream

Banned

They're usually pretty good at looking at the whole year of releases and not forgetting about games that came out in the first couple months.

CoJ:Gunslinger ;-;

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This year and last year have been pretty evident about how everyone's still in learning hardware/new engines phases. I wish them luck on picking out 10 games just for their personal list because I can barely think of ten games that left any impact on me from this year, and you'd hate to include it just because 'well I guess I have to have ten.' I can think of... Five at the most form 2014, and Hotline Miami 2 likely being 2015 isn't going to help that any.

I really hope those holiday season games impress like crazy. Seems like this year was pretty dead up until now with stuff like Mordor and Alien.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I bet the 2013 game of 2014 will be a tougher category then the actual GOTY.

And Destiny will be in the top 10. This year sucked. Pretty much anything they all played will make the list.

Didn't they retire it in favor of the "Old Game" award because of Windjammers?

If that's the case, I'm pretty sure there's only one old game that they've all devoted multiple hours to playing this year.

Congratulations to Mario Party. You're Giant Bomb's Best Old Game of 2014.

Most Disappointing Game of 2014

Winner: Dark Souls 2
Runners Up: Destiny, Watchdogs

Jeff can't be disappointed by a game he's never played. It will never win that category.

Destiny is a lock. They'll say something like, "Well, it either has to win GotY or Most Disappointing, and there are other games we all like better than Destiny, so it will have to be the latter."

jgminto

I don't think Hearthstone has much chance, though I guess Alex and Dan have played it somewhat. And I don't see the AssCreeds getting in after Mordor unless there's some big changes in Unity.

danm999

Well, Jazzpunk, Stick of Truth and Mordor all came out this year and got 5 stars, so I'd say that they have a chance of being remembered and stuck on the list. Though obviously that's no guarantee given the guys have admitted they don't necessarily let review scores dictate order.

daydream

Banned
This year and last year have been pretty evident about how everyone's still in learning hardware/new engines phases. I wish them luck on picking out 10 games just for their personal list because I can barely think of ten games that left any impact on me from this year, and you'd hate to include it just because 'well I guess I have to have ten.' I can think of... Five at the most form 2014, and Hotline Miami 2 likely being 2015 isn't going to help that any.

I really hope those holiday season games impress like crazy. Seems like this year was pretty dead up until now with stuff like Mordor and Alien.

As always, I would have a hard time keeping my number of picks under ten. Don't see where people are coming from with their "bad year" proclamations (unless you're only limiting yourself to PS4/X1 for some reason).

Top Bottom