• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Is dark souls 2 even on the hook for most disappointing anyway? Vinny and patrick seemed to have liked it, and brad is just waiting for the PC version AKA getting too addicted to DOTA 2.

maybe Patrick.

Vinny thought the first game had the edge (story stuff, etc) and Brad (and maybe Rorie) didn't even finish it

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
this year's been fantastic for me.

I've been more disconnected from the usual prerelease hype rigmarole, yet I feel like I've played and thoroughly enjoyed more games than usual this year. this probably isn't coincidental.

Myggen

Radiohead have great trackrecord. That is why its its anticipated if there was one announced. That example doesn't work.

Okay, maybe not the best example (Star Wars still works though). But wasn't a huge part of the hype because of Bungie being the dev behind the game? It's not like it was all marketing, a large part of the hype was the idea of the Halo devs making a MMO-ish shooter.

Jothel

Do any of you duders regularly use a vita? I got one a bit ago - I'm only getting the free PS+ games but I have 0 friends on PSN, what are some of your names on there? Wanna fill up leaderboards etc

I'm JothJackson by the way, so add me if you can be bothered =D

daydream

Banned
Do any of you duders regularly use a vita? I got one a bit ago - I'm only getting the free PS+ games but I have 0 friends on PSN, what are some of your names on there? Wanna fill up leaderboards etc

Added! Finally someone with a lower trophy level than me. :p (I only got mine last month.)

Renpatsu

I'm pretty much all Vita all the time so I'll add you.

tchocky

On the lobby tomorrow they are going to play Bayonetta 2, I wonder how much they can show since GB can't do a ql till launch. They are also going to have Eric Pope and Dave Lang on so Danny is basically turning it into a GB stream.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm pretty excited about all the Bloodborne coverage. GBEast vs GBWest vs GBFlyover. Where Patrick lucks into every amazing item/ai behavior in the game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm pretty excited about all the Bloodborne coverage. GBEast vs GBWest vs GBFlyover. Where Patrick lucks into every amazing item/ai behavior in the game.

It'll be GBeast vs GBflyover because brad will be waiting for the PC version.

Do we know if Dan likes the souls games?

Is dark souls 2 even on the hook for most disappointing anyway? Vinny and patrick seemed to have liked it, and brad is just waiting for the PC version AKA getting too addicted to DOTA 2.

I doubt it. I think most disappointing is probably a race between Destiny, Watch_Dogs, and Titanfall, with Watch_Dogs probably taking it.

The comment section on Patrick article... Ugh... Sorry, but both sides are horrible when somebody recommend eliminating Anonymity even when he admits that help people against corruption (real one) and dictatorship.

Myggen

Here's a Dan Ryckert bingo card from his Game Informer days. Except for the GI specific stuff, I think it's still pretty accurate!

6507.Dan-Ryckert-Bingo.jpg

Yeah I don't think Titanfall will be on it. It seemed like Jeff enjoyed his time with it and his main complaint was just lack of content.

I think given the level of hype there was for Titanfall on release and how the game has since... Titantell from everyone's memory, I'd call it a disappointment. A lot of people thought it would be the first real competitor to CoD's dominace and ended up just being another multiplayer FPS with a gimmick.

I think given the level of hype there was for Titanfall on release and how the game has since... Titantell from everyone's memory, I'd call it a disappointment. A lot of people thought it would be the first real competitor to CoD's dominace and ended up just being another multiplayer FPS with a gimmick.

I'd agree if we were talking about a community disappointment list, but we're looking exclusively at the GB guy's lists. I never got the impression any of them were really disappointed in it. It was a game that came and went quickly from the site, but I don't recall any of them saying it was a letdown.

I'm not sure about Replays, but the Illbleed Super Replay is fantastic.

Here's the playlist on YT.

My favorite are Tale of the Sun and Overblood, but that's a great one as well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It'll be Watch Dogs. Because I know Jeff liked what he saw of it at a preview, and he wasn't the only one. It'll save them from the Destiny talk too because I rarely heard Jeff talk about Destiny at all since the only way they ever seemed to show it off was just for journalists to watch while someone from Bungie played it.

The only way it's not Watch Dogs is if Jeff wants revenge for spending those 5 hours or whatever on the raid, and at that point it's the' fuck this game' award not the most disappointing.

Renpatsu

Is Titanfall still offloading computations to 'the Cloud' in a way that makes those claims made early on during their hype cycle worthy of praise? I only ask because I don't have an XBO and I don't really see folks talking about that much (if at all).

There should just be an Ubisoft category for Ubisoft Open World Action/Adventure games™ where all Ubisoft Open World Action/Adventure games™ can go to be forgotten. Except AC4 Black Flag of course, because, y'know, everyone liked that one.

(For the sake of transparency I will admit that I have never played an Ubisoft Open World Action/Adventure game™.)

Being revolutionary (like Dark Souls 1) vs. being evolutionary (as with the sequel), I think, dampened a lot of the evangelical praise for the game. Plus there were definite design problems in the game, even though the core gameplay was maintained. Not to mention the PC delay and downgrade complaints that dampened the excitement around release.

The real shame will be Divinity: Original Sin getting snubbed because none of them except Patrick (I think) finished it. That is a revolutionary video game of 2014, complete with evangelical praise; most everyone that plays it becomes a fanatical endorser. Though I do recall Brad "Filibuster" Shoemaker enjoying the game, so there is still hope... (you can do it, rudds!)

Khezu

Both Lang and Pope are going to be in the office tomorrow for the Lobby.

Hope both can show up on the bombcast.

Though if Lang could somehow sneak jebailey on that would be even better.

I'd say that having the first new IP in like a decade from one of the best FPS developers in history turn out to be a clunker was a lot more surprising and disappointing than having one of Ubisoft's three open world action games this year end up a dud.

Seventy70

My prediction for Jeff's opinion on The Evil Within:
He hates it.
My prediction for Jeff's opinion on Bayonetta 2:
"It's alright"

Kirlia

Banned
Tail of the Sun Super Replay is fantastic.

Yeah, that one is amazing.

I'm currently watching the Blue Stinger Super Replay...good God, that game is insane. Especially its soundtrack. I don't think I've heard such an unnecessarily bombastic score for a video game in a long, long time.

Zaph

Both Lang and Pope are going to be in the office tomorrow for the Lobby.

Hope both can show up on the bombcast.

Though if Lang could somehow sneak jebailey on that would be even better.
Wow, GB hooking up Danny with all their connects. Probably to make up for his lack of good co-hosts.

daydream

Banned
I hope Lang brings up the E3 interview Danny crashed.

Having him mention it during the GB stream and going back to Gamespot to look up that interview and it being exactly what Lang described was one my E3 highlights.

I feel like the photo should be bordered by "MAGICAL THINKING" instead of "FREE" but maybe that's just me.

And breh is an errant noise much like a hiccup or burp, completely unrelated to the "brahhh" movement.

Nishastra

Banned
Watch the Overblood Super Replay if you want to know where "BRAAH!" comes from. It's Dan's general exertion/pain noise from that point on.

Top Bottom