• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Has anyone from GB mentioned lately why their Youtube channel seems to be about 5 days behind the actual site? Was just wondering if it was a choice they've made or something else.

popo

I don't think GBs process is that much different from GS Jeff talked on some Jar Times that they read each others review and will say things like you are giving this 4 but the review reads like a 3 so maybe you should adjust the score or the text.

more that they are not precious about 5 stars where as a lot of outlets hand out 10/10 like oscar statues. If the review text matches the score then I suspect it is all cool.

Myggen

Has anyone from GB mentioned lately why their Youtube channel seems to be about 5 days behind the actual site? Was just wondering if it was a choice they've made or something else.

It is? Seems up to date to me. They've had problems with their Youtube robot for some tie now which sometimes fails to upload videos to YT in the weekends, but other than that they seem to upload videos at the same time to YT and the main site. The Evil Within QL was upload at the same time, to give one example.

Chuck

Still without luck
I hope my chrome extension for GB review avatars gets updated with Dan ones. I can already think of what some would look like.

It is? Seems up to date to me. They've had problems with their Youtube robot for some tie now which sometimes fails to upload videos to YT in the weekends, but other than that they seem to upload videos at the same time to YT and the main site. The Evil Within QL was upload at the same time, to give one example.

If I go to the videos section on their main Youtube page which should be arrange by upload date this is what I get

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealGiantBomb/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Xater

I imagine GB's peer review went something like.

Dan : Can you check this review over for spelling mistakes and shit?

Jeff : Sure. What are you thinking on score?

Dan : 5 stars, let me justify the reasoning---

Jeff : (interrupting) Cool. Wanna get a sandwich?

I think they talk about it for a bit but I would also have no issue with it being as you described. A review to me is an opinion piece and there doesn't really need to be influence from anyone else but the reviewer.

Weird. Mine shows Bombin in the AM and then after that the NBA 2K15 quick look. I'll have to check when I get home, maybe my work PC isnt updating properly.

Dany

Banned

agreed

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

Nope.

Jeff : OH HELL NAW
*fight ensues*
*Jeff lays on the floor, struggling to get in one last punch...Dan reaches for the keyboard, about to pass out, and presses the enter button to publish review*
Dan: BAWITDABA MOTHERFUCKER
Jeff: wanna...get...asandwich...*passes out*

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Nope.

*fight ensues*
*Jeff lays on the floor, struggling to get in one last punch...Dan reaches for the keyboard, about to pass out, and presses the enter button to publish review*

And that's why GB doesn't do as many reviews as other sites.

Chuck

Still without luck
See all the posts on this page about the review process and the fact that other editors check reviews for typos?

You got your answer.

tumblr_n1bziwlmuF1r2x0k1o2_400.gif

Nope.

*fight ensues*

Giantbomb best site ever.

It's a linear game, framing absolutely can serve the same purpose as in film. Everyone is going to approach the town in the same way, experience the same dream sequence, etc and in the Evil Within it suits the claustrophobic atmosphere quite well. The game deliberately pulls the camera in closer when you go indoors. Some areas have a tighter camera, while others show the entirety of your player model.

I'd almost believe this if the camera didn't flip out while navigating the smaller rooms or become completely useless while traversing ladders. As it stands in reality, TEW's aspect ratio is a poor attempt to improve performance in a janky game utilising a terrible engine.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
edit: nevermind

edit2: Wait, will we have Lang and/or Pope on the Bombcast? Maybe even Jebailey? I can see him and Dan get along great.

hwy_61

Banned
Nope.

*fight ensues*

Got a good laugh from this, thank you.

Top Bottom