• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

the demo discs are on the shelf behind Brad's desk. Jeff's knives are within arm's reach.

Dan would have the speed advantage I think. Jeff would have to dig a knife out of a box and then get to Dan. Dan just needs to dive for the shelf and then he's armed. He also has a bond with Jason from their years at GI so Eagle Eyes, fueled by his love for Bayonetta, would be distracting Jeff during this time.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dan would have the speed advantage I think. Jeff would have to dig a knife out of a box and then get to Dan. Dan just needs to dive for the shelf and then he's armed. He also has a bond with Jason from their years at GI so Eagle Eyes, fueled by his love for Bayonetta, would be distracting Jeff during this time.

Dan's conditioned to think it's okay to go into a monologue and call all of your friends and relatives for advice just before a fight begins though. Jeff's Petaluma street smarts will have him taking advantage and charging immediately.

Shingro

Jeff is like a giant brown bear from russia though, I think he'd just tower tall with jason swinging around his neck and demo disks sticking out of his coat-ladan chest as he threw the desks out of the way to maul Dan.

I just don't think the demo disks have the stopping power to put him down.

Patryn

I never realised it was all drewbert's doing. :<

I suspect the current quiet is ironically because there are so many games coming out right now that they're all playing them for review and the like.

I am surprised that there isn't a Borderlands QL yet, though.

Jeff is like a giant brown bear from russia though, I think he'd just tower tall with jason swinging around his neck and demo disks sticking out of his coat-ladan chest as he threw the desks out of the way to maul Dan.

I just don't think the demo disks have the stopping power to put him down.

Please. Dan has been trained from a young age in the tactics of stealth and hand-to-hand combat by Metal Gear Solid. Jeff would reach Dan throwing discs, only to realize it was Brad all along and that the true Dan was actually waiting in ambush.

Egg0

Banned
I wonder what the specifics of the Bayonetta 2 footage embargo is. I was watching Nick Robinson from Rev3games streaming about an hour of it on Twitch yesterday and taking questions from the chat. It's already archived on their youtube page if you go to their "Livestream" playlist.

Shingro

Please. Dan has been trained from a young age in the tactics of stealth and hand-to-hand combat by Metal Gear Solid. Jeff would reach Dan throwing discs, only to realize it was Brad all along and that the true Dan was actually waiting in ambush.

A fair point, Brad could also play the honorable mentor card and sacrifice himself to power Dan up in his stealth ways.

Still, we're skipping the second act where Dan goes away to train with Brad's Big Book of Stealth, and returns to defeat his nemesis.

Problem is, in the meantime Jeff establishes an iron clad bear-rule on Giantbomb, and if Dan tries to eliminate jeff from stealth via Metal Gear chokehold, I'd give him only a 50/50 of succeeding, dropping to only a 10% if sufficient quantities of Hunk is involved.

And if he wins the ensuing metal gear melodrama will have Dan in "What have I become" mode. I'm not sure this ends great for him either way.

TraBuch

Banned
Can someone link some videos of the crew playing some FMV games? I'm looking for one in particular but I can't remember anything about it except that it was an FMV game and it wasn't a Random PC Game video. I think Vinny was playing it and know that Jeff was there.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Can someone link some videos of the crew playing some FMV games? I'm looking for one in particular but I can't remember anything about it except that it was an FMV game and it wasn't a Random PC Game video. I think Vinny was playing it and know that Jeff was there.

http://qlcrew.com/?vid_type=live

Choose "FMVinny" from the highlights dropdown. That'll show you the UPF episodes where Vinny played some kind of FMV game.

daydream

Banned
I suspect the current quiet is ironically because there are so many games coming out right now that they're all playing them for review and the like.

I am surprised that there isn't a Borderlands QL yet, though.

You're probably right. Still hope there'll be a Demo Derby this week. Maybe now that Dan is done with Bayo 2 he can make some Premium stuff happen.

Hey Dan, you should do a Demo Derby with Peter Brown from GS. He's fairly knowledgeable about old games.

Thomper

Anyone else hope that they talk about #GG for a bit on this week's Bombcast? I know Jeff/Brad/the crew are pretty much as anti-#GG as can be, but I feel like it would be a good thing if they just really throw their opinions out there for just a short bit.

It doesn't have to dominate discussion for more than a few minutes even, but just like with yesterday's Bombing in the AM, it's probably a good thing if they make it clear that garbage people are not the audience they want.

I'm actually not really sure why they're doing reviews still, honestly.

Between the Bombcast, Quick Looks, and UPF, you pretty much know what they think about a game. Hell, in some cases, the review muddies up those waters, as Jeff's review score for Destiny doesn't seem to reflect what he now thinks of the game after the extra content came out.

I mean, if you have nothing to do and want people to know what you think about this game, go for it. But they themselves say they're not really journalists, just people that make dumb videos, and the site was definitely trending that way for a while.

I'm not upset or anything that they're doing reviews still (since this is the Giant Bomb thread and if you express that something seems weird, people will immediately accuse you of throwing a tantrum over it), just seems very unnecessary. I wonder if publishers are sending them "review copies" instead of "copies for footage" so a review is made necessary by that.

tchocky

Between the Bombcast, Quick Looks, and UPF, you pretty much know what they think about a game. Hell, in some cases, the review muddies up those waters, as Jeff's review score for Destiny doesn't seem to reflect what he now thinks of the game after the extra content came out.

I mean, if you have nothing to do and want people to know what you think about this game, go for it. But they themselves say they're not really journalists, just people that make dumb videos, and the site was definitely trending that way for a while.

I'm not upset or anything that they're doing reviews still (since this is the Giant Bomb thread and if you express that something seems weird, people will immediately accuse you of throwing a tantrum over it), just seems very unnecessary. I wonder if publishers are sending them "review copies" instead of "copies for footage" so a review is made necessary by that.

Patrick has mentioned before it is the written work that brings new users to the site because they get linked on Metacritic/Reddit etc. The videos are what keep people on the site but don't bring in new people, probably due to the length of a lot of the quick looks.

I think someone said recently in the thread that publishers will stop looking at them if they're not publishing reviews. It's probably the only way they'll continue to get review codes and the like. It also brings in good views I imagine.

Lingxor

Of course not. No way in hell that Dan could take Jeff. Not least because he has a drawer full of knives.

What does this gif say about Dan Ryckert's power level?

tumblr_nbco8kHnAu1rvo0tro1_500.gif

Curufinwe

Reviews get page views.

Writing a review is not an act of journalism.

Zomba13

Decoy Bradipus.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Reviews are the only time where they actually organize their thoughts, and frequently the only time they discuss games after completion. I'd hope they don't go anywhere, even as rare as they are already.

Fox Mulder

what's the best way to watch their premium content on the TV? Downloading and watching with plex? Is it possible to just watch though IE on the xbox?

I have a xbox one, and watch their youtube channel for quick plays, but have missed out on premium stuff.

jaina

what's the best way to watch their premium content on the TV? Downloading and watching with plex? Is it possible to just watch though IE on the xbox?

I have a xbox one, and watch their youtube channel for quick plays, but have missed out on premium stuff.

Chromecast and Giant Bomb Video Buddy

IE works fine

tchocky

I don't see that anyone responded to this with an actual answer. Patrick said on Monday's Bombin' that he felt that he couldn't review both Alien and Evil Within and chose Alien.

He is playing the PC version of Evil Within from the beginning on Spookin tonight.

Chromecast and Giant Bomb Video Buddy
That'd work....but he just said he has an Xbox One, not Chromecast.

Do you have a Windows 8 machine? Download a GiantBomb App from the Windows App Store (there are two of them last time I checked, both should allow you to connect your Premium account and play videos) and use "Play To" to... play to.... the Xbox and it'll pull up the Xbox Video app and go. IE works fine too but this is a lot quicker.

I use Play To to the Xbox with the W8 GB app for the living room , and the GiantBomb Video Buddy and my Chromecast for the bedroom. GB all over.

LiK

i use their app on Roku. flawless

During the quick look of The Evil Within I was hoping Brad to continue with saying "A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Crouching. Always be crouching. ALWAYS BE CROUCHING!"

Xater

I guess I should watch the Lobby today. GB content is light right now and it might be fun today. I mean Jeff will be there and Dave Lang.

shwimpy

I guess I should watch the Lobby today. GB content is light right now and it might be fun today. I mean Jeff will be there and Dave Lang.
They will probably be in separate segments. Gamespot wouldn't be able to handle Lang and Jeff in the same room together.

Xater

They will probably be in separate segments. Gamespot wouldn't be able to handle Lang and Jeff in the same room together.

Maybe, I never watched the show before to be honest. I'll take them separate though over not at all.

Also really looking forward to the next Alt-F1 with will be with Dave Lang.

Top Bottom