• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

I don't understand bullet hell shooters.

And Dave Lang is quite a character. (top of page special addition)

Edit: Oh I see. This weird bullet hell game uses the same main mechanic as Beat Hazard.

To be honest, I only enjoyed BH because I could use my own music...

Xater

Yeah it seems the game misses some more feedback. Also personally I feel like the music is too mellow for this kind of game.

valeo

Do you guys think Patrick invites this bad press? Like, would GB be getting this criticism if it was all dudes bro'ing out all the time and there wasn't this facet of social consciousness that Patrick brings to it? I feel like people want to catch him in a "gotcha" situation or something. It's a shitty catch-22.

Better that than burying their heads in the sand.

Was hoping Jeff and Dan were next segment, but next is Borderlands. I need my Giant Bomb fix

Edit: I have to listen to Watters in order to get Giant Bomb content? What is this, Saw?

I'd almost believe this if the camera didn't flip out while navigating the smaller rooms or become completely useless while traversing ladders. As it stands in reality, TEW's aspect ratio is a poor attempt to improve performance in a janky game utilising a terrible engine.
Limiting your view while navigating ladders is entirely intentional(the game's camera is dynamic, it would zoom out if it wanted), and I'm up to chapter 8 and there was only one room where the camera bugged out while crouching. It's not really a janky game either, but combat that actually requires thought is rare these days :p

That Harmonix game doesn't look great, I wish they would just make one ultimate Rock Band for this generation and put it on PC finally, I would be so happy.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Hey, besides quick looks and premium stuff is there anything recent to watch from GBEast?

Is Fantasia even releasing this year? I've been under the impression it's been a long ways off for....ever.

I also had no idea that bullet hell shooter was A) made by Harmonix, B) releasing soon, C) in existence

Limiting your view while navigating ladders is entirely intentional(the game's camera is dynamic, it would zoom out if it wanted), and I'm up to chapter 8 and there was only one room where the camera bugged out while crouching. It's not really a janky game either, but combat that actually requires thought is rare these days :p

I haven't played TEW so I'll take your word for it. But I refuse to believe that ladder bit is intentional - it reeks of bad design, something that Mikami (driving force behind RE4) should be incapable of. The ladder-cam on the Quick Look completely failed at its job, and may as well have been disabled entirely for how helpful it was when they actually needed to see what they were climbing down to.

jIjUKGyjQbzr6.JPG

Jeff and Dan on in 2 min

I'm ready...

...to enter the chat and be greeted by this lovely message:

Sure, you can watch the show without logging in, but it's the year 2014 and the time for interactivity is now! If you were to sign into your account you could chat with other viewers in the space before this helpful message IN REAL TIME. Just think of the life-changing conversations you're missing out on right now!

FakeEdit: WIIu

Top Bottom