• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

derFeef

I have to make a confession.

I have not watched any UPF since Dan joined. Not because of Dan, it's just that my life changed a bit and I do not have the amount of time anymore.
I loved watching UPF at 1am local time, or the next day when the archive did go up, good times!

I guess that particular UPF is still worth watching - did any other "classic" happen in the meantime?

Renpatsu

I watched the Gamespot video review of Fantasia. Game looks great. Too bad the quick look was bogged down by having to play through the tutorial and being forced to watch what could be much punchier narrative cutaways.

Edit: Patrick's Clock Tower interview with Hifumi Kono and Takashi Shimizu is a great read if folks haven't it checked it out yet.

derFeef

I watched the Gamespot video review of Fantasia. Game looks great. Too bad the quick look was bogged down by having to play through the tutorial and being forced to watch what could be much punchier narrative cutaways.

I wish they would put in some amount of time into every game before doing a QL.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I have not watched any UPF since Dan joined. Not because of Dan, it's just that my life changed a bit and I do not have the amount of time anymore.
I loved watching UPF at 1am local time, or the next day when the archive did go up, good times!

I guess that particular UPF is still worth watching - did any other "classic" happen in the meantime?

Dan introduced us to the boobazone.

Also pogs.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Somebody asked for the best UPF since Dan joined a while back, and got 4 or 5 different answers. There have been a couple down weeks, but for the most part they've been great with him.

I'm in a Facebook group of friends about 50 people strong, there are about 10 of them playing Destiny at a pretty hardcore level - every day, hours, strikes, grinding, raiding, etc. And they are still definitely having fun. Though maybe they're masochists, too.

I'm still back at 24, but, I still play anywhere from 5-7 hours a week. Still have fun. I've put 75-80% of my 40 hours into just playing Control. Enjoy it.

Oh no! I'm only speaking specifically about Brad. I'm not saying anything bad towards Destiny, I'm sure people can enjoy it. Hell, I enjoy Warframe, which is a little grindy (although there's a trade system to make it easy mode for acquiring things if you don't want to spend the time).

I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way guys. I'm just getting into this whole Giant Bomb thing.

daydream

Banned
Oh no! I'm only speaking specifically about Brad. I'm not saying anything bad towards Destiny, I'm sure people can enjoy it. Hell, I enjoy Warframe, which is a little grindy (although there's a trade system to make it easy mode for acquiring things if you don't want to spend the time).

I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way guys. I'm just getting into this whole Giant Bomb thing.

Nah, can't trust those Destiny nuts.

Ketch

Oh man that gamer gate reddit has got some comedy gold in it.

A response to someone stating that both side of the agruement have issued threats:
Prove it, find the people who sent [death threats]. Interview them with truth serum, and prove they "support gamer gate".

I laughed.

I've enjoyed this thread of GG-people trying to piece together a narrative for Giant Bomb: http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAct...bomb_who_called_gamergate_a_politicized_hate/

Don't click if you're not a masochist.

What in the actual fuck? :lol:

I love how people constantly ask him about what the goal is and that it makes no sense to go after a company that is more in line with what they're "asking" for, but the OP makes it all about death threats that they're claiming are fake and inaccurate. Since they're apparently “fake” and Jeff brings them up that's apparently grounds for stupid attacks. What?!

Seriously people have too much damn time, go actually play some damn games.

popo

I wish they would put in some amount of time into every game before doing a QL.

In an ideal world. You would get a lot less content though. It usually works out okay for what a "quick look" is designed to be. Occasionally not, like with games with slow openings.

Ozone

The Fantasia QL really bums me out. Jeff was complaining about the progression in the Story Mode and kept talking about wanting to free play the songs, when if he just exited the mode and went to the main menu he could've selected "Song Library" and did just that. :(

daydream

Banned
Going to bed early today. Judging from the last few weeks, I should be up before the Bombcast hits (which should be in ~9-10 hours).

Ren has outdone himself this week.

popo

Jason just won me over forever. The Jeff and Dan blast off during Rocket Man.

Jason is awesome.

What's not to like? I still think jnr video producer would have been a good diversity hire but I can see why Jason got the gig - seems to have arrived with all the skills needed and not much training required.

conweller

Neo Member
What's not to like? I still think jnr video producer would have been a good diversity hire but I can see why Jason got the gig - seems to have arrived with all the skills needed and not much training required.

Nothing to not like, just something to love. Spiced up a pretty boring QL.

lmfao the background shifting by Jason was great

Unless something amazing happens in the next 20 minutes, Jason's single-handedly salvaged the visual element of this QL. Fantasia is... not interesting to see in motion.

To answer Dan's question during the QL:
it was a monkey.

Bacon

Where do I start?

Courtesy of Myggen -

A list of (some of) the Premium content worth watching:

- A lot of the UPF episodes, e.g. the Second Life episode, the PS4 Playroom episode, the Dream Gear episode, the Lego Island episode, the Halcyon episode etc.

- Every Random PC Game feature (1-10 on that list are all the available videos)

- Mario Party Party - 50 turns of sadness

- The Breaking Brad: Demon's Souls series, the Load Our Last Souls series, the Metal Gear Scanlon series

- Backflips n' Bioforge

- Vinny plays Bot Colony, goes insane, Vinny plays Velvet Sundown

- Drew is a North Korean spy, Iceland: The Cutting Room Floor

- All the Premium Flight Club videos, like Digital Combat Simulator: P-51D Mustang Beta

- The best TNTs: Fortune Street, Dead Island, Gears of War 3, Cards Against Humanity etc.

- The Running of the Lanterns, and various Breaking Brads like Doom II Ultra Violence, Volgarr the Viking etc.

- The Load Our Last Save features, e.g. Freedom Fighters

- Demo Disc Derby (4 videos so far)

- Giant Bomb Unplugged: Pathfinder, Giant Bomb Unplugged: Avalon

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wow.

This game looks really really bad.

I haven't watched anything since E3 (Last E3?) but it looked pretty terrible when I saw it. Most of that was because the songs they announced were completely fucking awful though. The rest was because the game looked really boring.

edit: Just took a look at the final soundtrack, and they could not have possibly chosen a less appealing initial song list. None of the soundtrack has any place in a god damned Fantasia game, but at least the other songs don't make me want to hurt anybody who would ask me to listen to them.

Fox318

I haven't watched anything since E3 (Last E3?) but it looked pretty terrible when I saw it. Most of that was because the songs they announced were completely fucking awful though. The rest was because the game looked really boring.

Game looks like something that should have been a demo for the Kinect that came free with the Xbox One.

For all of the time they spent showing it off and for all of the time Giantbomb and others spent talking about the game looks like shit IMO.

Rapstah

I can totally see why Harmonix would try to make games where they pull people in with something else than the fact that someone spent 150 hours placing the notes on drums on a difficulty less than 5% of the people playing the game would use, but at least that was one thing to pull people in about your game.

Top Bottom