• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It's kind of insane that there is absolutely nothing comming out that's using the Kinect, eventhough Microsoft forced it on everybody who bought an Xbox One a year ago.

bigkrev

Brad at 5:45 AM Local time...

JV8xRog.jpg

I like it how MS were advertising the must play exclusive games this year and forgot to put D4 on the list. Swery was devastated about it on twitter.

Curufinwe

I've got thru the first 13 episodes of the ER on my first ever rewatch of the whole thing. Stuff that stood out.

-Multiple jokes about taking upskirts photos of Chie
-Jeff talking about getting Teddie into the real world very early on
-Vinny ignoring Teddie's advice to go into Tactics mode and enable direct command before the Chie boss fight

What if D4 was actually a Don Mattrick joint and once he bailed they just didnt know what to do with it anymore.

Don Mattrick was the good guy all along!

Myggen

inb4 destiny talk on the bombcast this week.

I feel really bad for him. I'm honestly not sure if he's having fun or if he's just saying that as a facade.

I don't think you need to feel bad for him for playing a game.

Also, I'll be shocked if there's more Destiny talk on the Bombcast before any of the big updates are out. Brad didn't even want to talk about the raid on last week's podcast, it was Jeff who brought it up.

I don't think you need to feel bad for him for playing a game.

Hrm.

I wish I had more time to flesh this out (about to head to work), but I know the feeling of playing a game not because it was fun, but because I felt like I had to for some inexplicable reason, and it's not an enjoyable experience.

But maybe he is really having fun. IDK, from the tone of his voice it never really sounded like he was after that first initial experience.

inb4 destiny talk on the bombcast this week.

I feel really bad for him. I'm honestly not sure if he's having fun or if he's just saying that as a facade.

I'm in a Facebook group of friends about 50 people strong, there are about 10 of them playing Destiny at a pretty hardcore level - every day, hours, strikes, grinding, raiding, etc. And they are still definitely having fun. Though maybe they're masochists, too.

I'm still back at 24, but, I still play anywhere from 5-7 hours a week. Still have fun. I've put 75-80% of my 40 hours into just playing Control. Enjoy it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vinny never played Watch Dogs?

And that Fantasia QL reminded me that I miss plastic instruments. Not like I would want one every year again, but I kind of hope there's some sort of plastic guitar game this generation. Even if it's just a huge compilation.

Renpatsu

Fantasia Music Evolved reminds me, in a good way, of the days when I used to play Eyetoy games. Shame that I probably won't be playing this until some time down the line because I could always do with more music rhythm games.

Myggen

Vinny never played Watch Dogs?

And that Fantasia QL reminded me that I miss plastic instruments. Not like I would want one every year again, but I kind of hope there's some sort of plastic guitar game this generation. Even if it's just a huge compilation.

Vinny has been without consoles and a PC for over 6 months now, and probably didn't get much gaming done the weeks (or months) before that because of moving preparations etc. I would imagine that almost this whole year of gaming has gone by him so far.

Hrm.

I wish I had more time to flesh this out (about to head to work), but I know the feeling of playing a game not because it was fun, but because I felt like I had to for some inexplicable reason, and it's not an enjoyable experience.

But maybe he is really having fun. IDK, from the tone of his voice it never really sounded like he was after that first initial experience.

Brad has always just seemed like a guy who gets deep into one game at a time. At first it was Starcraft (he was way into Quake before that, I think), then Starcraft 2 for some time, then Dota 2, and now Destiny (with Dota on top). I know a lot of people who are/were like that, and they enjoy themselves even if they talk like Brad talks about it from time to time.

daydream

Banned
Fantasia Music Evolved reminds me, in a good way, of the days when I used to play Eyetoy games. Shame that I probably won't be playing this until some time down the line because I could always do with more music rhythm games.

Project Diva F 2nd and SK: Bon Appétit come out next month, breh.

Eye Toy was fun.

Renpatsu

Project Diva F 2nd and SK: Bon Appétit come out next month, breh.

Eye Toy was fun.
Thinking I might take a wait and see approach until IA/VT Colorful is released because that is the one that has me most intrigued so far.

Edit: Would love to see Fantasia on the hardest difficulties (assuming it has that).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the look. Still, it has been getting some great reviews so far. It's on 80 on Metacritic.

It actually looks fun to play to me, it's just that I think the presentation is pretty boring.

I can see how this can be called a conductor simulator.

popo

24 hour all simulation games live stream? For the kids? You know you want to!

Do you love that moment when the engine starts and that rich diesel sound fills the air? Do you get a kick out of moving earth with a variety of high-powered diggers, bulldozers and dump trucks? Do you yearn for the feeling of power that flows through you as the hard steel of the bucket digs into the earth while you remain in keep complete control?

header004ab.jpg

Antiwhippy

Thinking I might take a wait and see approach until IA/VT Colorful is released because that is the one that has me most intrigued so far.

Edit: Would love to see Fantasia on the hardest difficulties (assuming it has that).

DJ max technika is FANTASTIC if you haven't got it already.

Renpatsu

Sure! That's next year, right?

Have you played Theathrhythm: CC? Probably the best rhythm game this year.
Sister has a 3DS so I give it a go every now and then.

I'm also liking the atypical music selection (for a game that advertises a lot of contemporary bands and musicians on the cover) that connects the game to the heritage of Fantasia. Games where you play to classical music are great because they're always so much more dynamic in their composition and pacing.

DJ max technika is FANTASTIC if you haven't got it already.
Yeah, I'm all in on that. Glad I imported relatively early long before it started becoming more expensive to pick up.

Edit: Based on the quick look I wish Fantasia didn't stick so closely to their blue palette. If they just switched that up even slightly it would appear just a little more aesthetically interesting.

Renpatsu

It's kinda sad that Fantasia has a ~40 minute tutorial before the game really opens up.

Edit: Scratch that, over 50 minutes and you can't select a song on your own? Why did they need an hour of narrative context to wrap around what looks to be solid gameplay?

Balb

It's kinda sad that Fantasia has a ~40 minute tutorial before the game really opens up.

Edit: Scratch that, over 50 minutes and you can't select a song on your own? Why did they need an hour of narrative context to wrap around what looks to be solid gameplay?

They probably focus tested the game in front of a bunch of kids and they found that they were confused and frustrated. I doubt they'd do it otherwise.

Antiwhippy

BTW, got to the part in an old bombcast where ryan described Saints Row: The third as being in dan ryckert's brain.

I understand why now.

Top Bottom