• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Fox318

I can totally see why Harmonix would try to make games where they pull people in with something else than the fact that someone spent 150 hours placing the notes on drums on a difficulty less than 5% of the people playing the game would use, but at least that was one thing to pull people in about your game.

Who is the person (who isn't high on angel dust) who will play this game for 150 hours?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah, jeff mentioned elite beat agents as a sort of similar game/idea, only eba was awesome and this does not look awesome at all.

Larsa

I'm happy Jeff mentioned Ouendan in the Fantasia quick look. Osu Tatakae Ouendan 2 is the greatest game on the DS. I just played some of it again last week and got really hyped playing the last stage on the hardest difficulty. So good. Probably one of my favorite games of all time.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
How can they not even have classical music dlc pack for this? Outrageous.

conweller

Neo Member
I feel a little bad for Fantasia because you know that budget and team morale must have been completely destroyed when Microsoft they were abandoning the kinect.

Mully

I've enjoyed this thread of GG-people trying to piece together a narrative for Giant Bomb: http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAct...bomb_who_called_gamergate_a_politicized_hate/

Don't click if you're not a masochist.

Every time I check out the KIA subreddit, I laugh. Each new post is about some hot new scoop the GG guys have on how dirty games-writing is. However, the top post in each thread is usually about how much of a SJW (I hate this abbreviation) the site or writer in question is. It's laughable.

Every time I check out the KIA subreddit, I laugh. Each new post is about some hot new scoop the GG guys have on how dirty games-writing is. However, the top post in each thread is usually about how much of a SJW (I hate this abbreviation) the site or writer in question is. It's laughable.

Now's as good a time as any to ask: what the hell does that mean?

Social justice

warriorv2.jpg

watching Vinny play through Tomb of the Giants is making me so frustrated lol

When he speaks to Rhea, kills her crazy servants, and then never bothers to go back and talk to her...I just wanted to grab the controller from Vinny and be like "no, no sir, this is all wrong" haha.

The series is really worth it just to watch him take on the Bed of Chaos. Keep going!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
watching Vinny play through Tomb of the Giants is making me so frustrated lol

The gif from that segment stands as the biggest spoiler for my Dark Souls playthrough. I'd seen him get kicked off that ledge so many times that I knew it was coming, I recognized the ledge immediately.

Mully

Social Justice Warrior.

It's a negative term among GamerGaters. It basically means that writers or journalists are fighting too hard for equality in games.

It's a godawful term. What's wrong with inclusion?

Fox318

I said "place", and I can assure you no one at Harmonix (even the guys high on angel dust) spent 150 hours placing the notes for any song in Fantasia.

Then what took them so long to get it out?

This is the type of game that forces a studio to close.

Rorie's efforts to keep the GB forums clean - with drastic methods when needed - are documented in the crowdfunded video game
The Banner Saga

uh... I'm kind of afraid to search that at work. Summary?

Basically GB got "Hacked" during the bioforge stream and someone was editing and posting comments under the mods and rories name also banning people. It was funny at the time but it seems most of the comments have been deleted now.

popo

Reminds me of when Will used to leave his phone unlocked and Gary would tweet something embarrassing from it. Back when Gary would podcast with commoners.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Reminds me of when Will used to leave his phone unlocked and Gary would tweet something embarrassing from it. Back when Gary would podcast with commoners.

Is that what happened to Tested? Did Gary have to murder them because he said something bad about the terrible Star Wars movies on a podcast they did?

KingKong

Alright once Vinny gets to Demon Ruins, Load our Last Souls starts to get great. It really shows the difference between how Vinny and Brad play games

I'm watching Spookin where Patrick is playing The Evil Within and the game is running terribly, like 15fps, but he's not mentioning it.

Problem with the capture? I know the game isn't that bad.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Man that Fantasia QL was depressing. At least it had some nice Jeff/Dan banter.

Also that girl character is really well animated. Props to the animation person on that one.

popo

Has Gary Whitta appeared in any Tested content in the last 6 months? Year?

End of March this year, Episode 200. I think that was the first time since Oktobercast '13.

Does anyone know why Tested jumped from Episode 200 to 250? They were calling it 199a, 199b, etc. because they wanted Gary on Ep 200 but that doesn't explain the 50 episode leap.

Top Bottom