• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

A little OT but i seem to be getting more attention from other threads i post in due to this avatar.

I might keep it.

Can't blame them, all the cool people know Wii U is the best current gen console so anyone with a Wii U avatar is bound to be a cool person.

And anime is cool, too.

robotrock

Banned
They should play Mario Party 1 again...you know to hype people up for 2.

B1S3o0eIYAEm5a8.jpg

longest jrpg marathon is only 34 hours? i do double that daily

Constant dips and blur in the videos leaked of ACU. But that Ubi dude says it's supposed to graphically blow my mind.

As with everything these days there might be a sizable day 1 patch to lock things into place. I cannot think of another reason why they would delay the game by 2 weeks.

I would love to see Mary join Giant Bomb, but I don't see it happening anytime soon, especially considering she currently works for GameSpot. She's got the personality for it, but does she have enough gaming experience? From the marathon, she seemed like games journalism wasn't her first choice, so I don't know if she has the same passion for games as the other GBers do. If she does, then she'd be an excellent addition to the crew.

tchocky

I would love to see Mary join Giant Bomb, but I don't see it happening anytime soon, especially considering she currently works for GameSpot. She's got the personality for it, but does she have enough gaming experience? From the marathon, she seemed like games journalism wasn't her first choice, so I don't know if she has the same passion for games as the other GBers do. If she does, then she'd be an excellent addition to the crew.

I believe her job at GS is video producer and GB already have Drew and Jason for that so its very unlikely.

I believe her job at GS is video producer and GB already have Drew and Jason for that so its very unlikely.

It's very, very likely that the next time we see a new hire it will be at either the Chicago or NY office. I don't think GB SF will have any changes staff-wise for quite a while unless someone leaves.

Aaron

Gamespot just needs to lean on their personalities a little more. Watching the highlights of the Half-life merrython with Danny, Mary, and Alexis, and it's laugh out loud funny. They probably couldn't get away with quite as many dick jokes on the Lobby, but they could still loosen it up a little more. Last episode was almost there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'Gamespot has no personality compared to GiantBomb!'
Every time someone with personality shows up at Gamespot
'They should go to GiantBomb!'

It's crazy to think (looking at the visuals) that GTA:SA and Half-Life 2 were released a month apart. I guess HL2 was sort of opening the new generation while GTA:SA was the last breath of the old one.

There's screens of Black Flag in that thread that look a hundred times clearer than ACU.

Sorry, that comment was specifically about the performance issues. Haven't seen what it looks like, but given the 4 player coop the game has i wouldn't be surprised if that limited them a bit on the visual end.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's crazy to think (looking at the visuals) that GTA:SA and Half-Life 2 were released a month apart. I guess HL2 was sort of opening the new generation while GTA:SA was the last breath of the old one.

Even then I just looked at it as, 'But GTA is huge and has way more to do.' GTA games never had amazing graphics during the PS2 era. It was more about the attention to detail.

I'd put money on Cara being an eventual new hire whenever that happens. She was not so subtly hinting at her desire to get out of the embed stuff and work for a site, making her own, etc. She'd be a good fit anywhere, SF, Flyover, Beast.

EDIT: If the following posts ends up summoning her, I do hope she'd be the next one on board.

I think Mary and Danny bring a lot to GB with their cameo's but they are some of the best things GS has going for it at the moment. This year I watched more GS content than I have since Jeff left.

Xater

I think Mary and Danny bring a lot to GB with their cameo's but they are some of the best things GS has going for it at the moment. This year I watched more GS content than I have since Jeff left.

Same here.

I think the small yellow "premium" banners should be orange like the premium play buttons. It would be more thematically consistent.

Alexis leaves and the design of the whole site is already ruined! Ruined I tell ya!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I was never a big fan of Alex's particular brand of snark but for some reason him being paired with Vinny really makes him shine. Those 2 have become my OTP and I would watch a 24 hour long quick look of Pong as long as they were doing it.

popo

Who is dressed as Zorro and is Mary meant to be a Smurf or what?

#HireKish

#HireHaywald.

Jeff's Tumblr

We’re growing. We hired people and that costs money. We’d like to maybe hire more people some day and continue to grow. Those things are expensive and not easy, despite some people thinking it’s as easy as just saying “OH HEY HIRE AND/OR STEAL THIS PERSON OR THAT PERSON.”

MonsterDunk'd

Top Bottom