• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

VOUhrH6.gif

Is this woman dead ?

santeesioux

no sane person could've enjoyed AC4's campaign of endless tailing and stealth missions. they even went so far as to add tailing missions to the boating stuff. The campaign of AC$ is easily the worst of the series, worse than AC3, worse than AC1 (because at least back then you had the excuse that they were trying to figure the game out).

I don't see myself getting another AC game for a long, longggggg time.

I pretty much feel the same way, but a damn game set in Japan or China would have me right back in even though i have only been able to finish one of those games before dropping them from boredom.

Haunted

Dreamfall Chapters looks cool but the lens flairs are so OTT and crazy it just looks like the GPU is dying or something.
I believe these were actually artifacts from some glitch with the Unity Engine shaders and supposedly fixed with the 1.1 patch that came out today.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Remember when the Bombcast was just about videogames? That was before Patrick Dan ruined everything and started pushing his personal agenda

Remember when Giant bomb used have quest and achievements trackers? I came to the site one day and they were gone. Why did they took that stuff out?

Yeah, haven't gotten one since Brotherhood. I just got sick of all the DRM, UPlay, and shitty PC ports.

Far Cry 3 is the only time I have ever tried to get a refund from Steam. I had it preordered, and it was so broken it was literally unplayable. I'm talking less than 1 frame per second. I spent hours trying to get it working.

Steam flat out refused, despite me pointing out that I have spent thousands of dollars with them over the last decade and never contacted support for anything, and that my computer exceeded the specs published on their own store page.

I learned two lessons
-fuck Steam support
-fuck buying Ubisoft pc games until they've had like 3 patches

paul187

Hey I was wondering if there are any UPFs of Gang Beasts with Dan in them. Is the unfinished the only clip? Also any other must see content?

That Dave Lang pic is glorious.

Megasoum

Banned
Never had any issues with Farcry 3 on PC and it was, by far, my GOTY for that year. There's really not that many games I finish 100% with all the collectibles (the only other recent one being GTA5).

FC3 was fucking amazing.

Foofaraw

Watching Dave Lang play PT has really justified the money I spent on premium for the year.

Triflin'

Part of the beauty of watching people play this game, is even when you know something is coming, you don't know how long it is going to take for the person to trigger it. The suspense is real.

Wanna hear that tier chart some day.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
It was amazing. Also sad (and i guess kinda great) that it was only 24 minutes long.

20 minutes longer than brad!

Watching Dave Lang play PT has really justified the money I spent on premium for the year.

Triflin'

Part of the beauty of watching people play this game, is even when you know something is coming, you don't know how long it is going to take for the person to trigger it. The suspense is real.

Wanna hear that tier chart some day.

Yeah even though I knew stuff was gonna happen I was spooked.

Great video!

Coonce

Hey I was wondering if there are any UPFs of Gang Beasts with Dan in them. Is the unfinished the only clip? Also any other must see content?

That Dave Lang pic is glorious.

Unfinished looks like the only one right now with Dan and Gang Beasts.

The first time they played Gang beasts on UPF was a great stream.

Before you buy gta san andreas "remastered" please check out the thread I created yesterday. It is a cheap mobile port which has framerate issues and with songs missing. It is fucking embarrassing.

Also they removed the ps2 classic from the sony store in Europe so playstation users are stuck in limbo if they want to buy san andreas.

Of course the best news out of this is the native controller support coming soon to the steam version.

robotrock

Banned
Before you buy gta san andreas "remastered" please check out the thread I created yesterday. It is a cheap mobile port which has framerate issues and with songs missing. It is fucking embarrassing.

Also they removed the ps2 classic from the sony store in Europe so playstation users are stuck in limbo if they want to buy san andreas.

Of course the best news out of this is the native controller support coming soon to the steam version.

:O

What the hell. Rockstar/Take Two are so weird with this shit.

Myggen

Man, that sucks. I had no idea that there would even be a "remastered" version of the game on PC before I saw the QL on the schedule, so I had high hopes. Not so much anymore...

San Andreas is one of my all time favourite games. One day they will make a proper remaster. One day.

edit: Also, looking forward to watching Dan Lang's P.T. adventures tomorrow. I expect it to cure the hangover I'll wake up with.

Zaph

Wow.

Jeff has mentioned a few times how weird Rockstar was to deal with in the past, but it seems to run much deeper than just their marketing department.

Also, licensed music is one of the real downsides of digital distribution - the publisher has to stop distributing the music once the license expires (e.g. 10 years) unless they renew it (which doesn't always make economic sense). With physical media, it doesn't really matter as there are almost always copies in the wind or the second hand market.

It was one of my biggest questions when the whole Xbox One DRM thing went down - it would have been entirely plausible that 5/10 years from now, you could've bought a cheap game in the bargain bin, taken it home and it not activate on the MS servers because the publisher can no longer distribute the game in that form. Or it does activate, but it forces a patch to remove the expired music.

just want that remastered version of San andreas to come to Steam already. It's been available on the windows 8 store for a long ass time and i want my native controller support and true widescreen options for the love of god.

I know that they took some songs out of the game in its rerelease but at least on PC there are ways to patch the old stations back in. I can then finally play San Andreas for more than 5 hours and not spend half that time getting CJ jacked up.

I took the time to get a 360 controller working well in San Andreas PC last time I played a year or 2 ago but it was an annoyance I was hoping I could avoid in the future. It's a shame, that version is going to continue to be the best version after the re-release hits Steam.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I see that brad is like me with GTA (or any rock star game that isn't bully). Play a few hours but get bored enough that I never finish them.

I took the time to get a 360 controller working well in San Andreas PC last time I played a year or 2 ago but it was an annoyance I was hoping I could avoid in the future. It's a shame, that version is going to continue to be the best version after the re-release hits Steam.

I spent like two hours trying to get GTA3 to show 360 controller prompts and do proper widescreen one afternoon. Honestly, it wasn't worth it. Only half of the prompts showed up right and there are so many different versions of the same mod that you never feel like you're installing the right thing.

I'm really looking forward to this release of San Andreas on Steam. it's more than likely that it's just what they already released on the windows 8 store, which has that stuff sorted out. Saves me the headache.

I spent like two hours trying to get GTA3 to show 360 controller prompts and do proper widescreen one afternoon. Honestly, it wasn't worth it. Only half of the prompts showed up right and there are so many different versions of the same mod that you never feel like you're installing the right thing.

I'm really looking forward to this release of San Andreas on Steam. it's more than likely that it's just what they already released on the windows 8 store, which has that stuff sorted out. Saves me the headache.

The mods for adding Xinput controller support are a pain, I didn't bother with modding in prompts but it would have definitely helped. There are so many missions with unique mechanics in San Andreas, without prompts its a guessing game to try and figure out how to do certain things.

Top Bottom