• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

skynidas

Banned
I only now noticed that one of America's most popular holidays is basically a cosplay fest.

pGOmE.gif

i never thought about it that way

I keep forgetting this thread is in the Community section now.

Great costumes from Justin, Mary, and Drew. I won't be doing anything for Halloween this year (except maybe watch Dallas Buyers Club), but their costumes make me wish I had cooler friends who participated in the holiday.

popo

Watching Trick 'r Treat on the recommendation of Gaf Off Topic. So far it is not living up to the hype. [Rec] 3 is on later but I heard it was shit. :'(

On a brighter note. A bunch of teenagers just egged the neighbour's house. I let them get half way through my gate before I let the dogs out. Run little piggies.

watching the sherlock quick look, alex has gotten way better when it comes to rolling with vinny's improv stuff. he's no jeff but it's better than nothing, especially since there's pretty much none of that now in SF.

shwimpy

Watching Trick 'r Treat on the recommendation of Gaf Off Topic. So far it is not living up to the hype. [Rec] 3 is on later but I heard it was shit. :'(

On a brighter note. A bunch of teenagers just egged the neighbour's house. I let them get half way through my gate before I let the dogs out. Run little piggies.
I don't get the hype regarding Trick R Treat either. I thought it was very poor.

so1337

Gotta say, between Dreamfall Chapters and Sherlocks Holmes Crimes & Punishments, I'm more interested in semi-obscure PC games than any of the "big" releases.

Also, happy Halloween Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha and all that.

popo

"before I released the hounds" sounds better. It's one of those phrases you always wish you'd have the chance to say. You missed your chance.

too on the nose. The dogs are not scary but do like to run out and bark at people and it was too dark to see they were not exactly rottweilers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gotta say, between Dreamfall Chapters and Sherlocks Holmes Crimes & Punishments, I'm more interested in semi-obscure PC games than any of the "big" releases.

I don't know if that's a good thing about semi-obscure PC games, or if it's the fault of the big releases. I mean, the thing I want most is a rerelease of a game I played last year. I don't trust Bioware, and I extra don't trust Ubisoft.

shwimpy

I think Vinny alone makes any QL worth watching. I don't care about either of those games but were thoroughly entertained by both of those QLs.

Vincent Caravella ‏@VinnyCaravella 57s57 seconds ago
It's OK to play along with the Santa stuff at Christmas but you're suddenly a bad Dad for saying the gates of Hell have opened on Halloween.
:lol

so1337

I don't know if that's a good thing about semi-obscure PC games, or if it's the fault of the big releases. I mean, the thing I want most is a rerelease of a game I played last year. I don't trust Bioware, and I extra don't trust Ubisoft.
I think it's a little bit of both, actually.

Oh yeah, Valkyria Chronicles (assuming you mean that). I'm super excited about that. I bought a PS3 copy a couple of years back but never got around to playing it.
I think Vinny alone makes any QL worth watching. I don't care about either of those games but were thoroughly entertained by both of those QLs.

:lol
Vinny is generally better at "selling" me on a game just by virtue of being very open-minded and enthusiastic.

Squishy3

For anyone not familar with what Alex was talking about in the Sherlock QL, Creepy Watson, one of the scariest effects I've seen in a game.
It's actually something a lot of developers do for their games, Watson just has no catching up animation. He's just there. It's noticeable with Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite too. You'll be wandering around minding your own business when Elizabeth yells from right behind you "Hey Booker! CATCH!"

Top Bottom