• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

valeo

This has not aged well at all.

I don't normally get frustrated because I'm pretty bad at this stuff too - but WHY DOES HE KEEP RUNNING INTO THE OBVIOUS DASH ATTACK

WHAT'S  WRONG  SNAKE?

xanavi

He's right though. It seems arbitrary when he gets 1 or 3 hits in.

The thing about punching in this game is that you have a lot of time to tap it out and hit confirm the 3-hit combo. If he starts dodging you can always walk out of it as long as you don't mash.

daydream

Banned
Yeah, I mean, I haven't played this myself but it is immediately obvious to me that you can't get the whole combo in everytime. Weird that Drew is having trouble with it.

You're almost at the end, Drew, you can do it!

I literally can't grasp how Drew feels this is boring, considering the amazing set-up he just witnessed and seemed to enjoy.

I feel like Metal Gear Solid is a game he can enjoy for the crazy spectacle from a afar, but he really seems to dislikes most of the actual gameplay. But to be fair, I would to if a had to redo boss fights 10 times.

Liamc723

Alright I think I'm done with this, I'll catch up tomorrow. It's past midnight here in the UK and I have a job interview in the morning.

I literally can't grasp how Drew feels this is boring, considering the amazing set-up he just witnessed and seemed to enjoy.

I feel like Metal Gear Solid is a game he can enjoy for the crazy spectacle from a afar, but he really seems to dislikes most of the actual gameplay. But to be fair, I would to if a had to redo boss fights 10 times.

Why the last Boss of AssCreed 2 sucked even if it was jus a fist fight with the pope in secret chanmber of the vatican with an Alien cave?

An-Det

If they get that far, I'll be curious to see Drew's reaction to the final fight in MGS4 being a remake of this, but with the awesome musics from the series played and with a lot more experience under his belt. I never did get this far in the game, and this fight really hasn't aged well at all.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
He's not even trying anymore. This is getting a little sad to see.

Also I agree with whoever said Drew lacks some "basic" knowledge of the gaming language, at least it pertains to this game. Not reading obvious telegraphs like the shoulder charge, continuously attacking during the blinking, not realizing that if he doesn;t finish the combo, Liquid can retaliate... these are things most experienced gamers would pick up on after 1-2 attempts.

To be fair he seems like he extra doesn't give a eff after that loooong Rex fight.

Renpatsu

This would probably be solved with a lock-on mechanic so Drew could just wail on the punch button.

He should just learn how to move/aim better though.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I3iYgLk.png

Balb

He's not even trying anymore. This is getting a little sad to see.

Also I agree with whoever said Drew lacks some "basic" knowledge of the gaming language, at least it pertains to this game. Not reading obvious telegraphs like the shoulder charge, continuously attacking during the blinking, not realizing that if he doesn;t finish the combo, Liquid can retaliate... these are things most experienced gamers would pick up on after 1-2 attempts.

To be fair he seems like he extra doesn't give a eff after that loooong Rex fight.

Keep in mind it's also harder to focus when you're playing and talking with someone else.

The shoulder charge is a fairly obvious telegraph though ._.

justjim89

Because the part where you have to play it is absolutely balls? He's done this like 20 times now.

Top Bottom