• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Zabant

Wow, now drew is taking issue with pretty much the defining principle of video games, you lose, you start again.

hamchan

Drew doesn't like goddamn epic fistfight on top of metal gear makes me sad.

Dan seems sort of incredulous that Drew doesn't like the concept of restarting a boss fight from the actual start instead of some Bioshock vita-chamber thing LOL.

Superflat

Wow, now drew is taking issue with pretty much the defining principle of video games, you lose, you start again.

This is the first time I've seen Drew completely break. He's done such a good job at not blurting out crazy talk until this series, I love it

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

Yeah that was weird.

I can see him having trouble with the next bit too.

I can't even tell why Drew is having trouble. This fight's easy.

Drew is one of those people who lack the knowledge of the fundamental vernacular of video games. The stuff that is second nature to you and I like "Oh well guys are always vulnerable after they miss a dash attack" or "I shouldn't try to complete this combo because he'll obviously counter if I do, better just get a jab in"

hamchan

I don't know about that, lol.

Wat. Snake and Liquid having a fistfight while shirtless, while a countdown to explosion happens, is one of the defining moments in the series, and one of the most memorable.

Well, it was to me when I was like 8 and first played this anyways.

Zabant

Dan's humouring him, this is one of the greatest moments in gaming and not only that it's pretty easy.

The easiest boss fight in the game.

xanavi

Man, Drew haaaates this. I never had any problem with this fight, it's pretty fair. If you pay attention you have time to react to everything Liquid does.

Zaph

Drew complaining about the one-on-one fist fight after a big action scene?

It's a staple. Has he not seen Lethal Weapon?

daydream

Banned
Wat. Snake and Liquid having a fistfight while shirtless, while a countdown to explosion happens, is one of the defining moments in the series, and one of the most memorable.

I believe the second part. :p

Xater

Damn right it is. Thats why there is even a callback to it later in the series.

mileS

/pointing out the obvious

He doesn't have to do the 3 hit combo evvvvvverytime. The fight is 100x easier if you stick and move a bit for the later parts of it. Also important not to start the combo when you aren't even lined up. Oh my. I loved this back in the day, I dunno. Yea I remember dying a few times until I got it down, but it was extremely tense and the right amount of challenge at the time.

I've always hated this boss fight, but I forgive it because it gave us MGS4's final boss, which is probably the best last boss in gaming history.

Renpatsu

Liquid's laugh is always great.

Edit: Drew's problem has always been never coming to grips with the movement controls because he overshoots his position or direction and ends up missing.

Top Bottom