• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

I'd laugh, but when TV's Frank gets mad if you call him 'TV's Frank', it's hard to cast stones. Like come on, dude. What else am I gonna call you, Twitter's Frank Conniff?

Awww really? That makes me sad :(

I'm still sad when I found out that Nelson is kind of a political loon.

I'm still watching the single player stuff, but the crazy action-movie stuff that Dan and Jeff seem so into looks just as boring as CoD has always been to me.

[EDIT] Jeff and Dan, that's not what uncanny valley means.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm still watching the single player stuff, but the crazy action-movie stuff that Dan and Jeff seem so into looks just as boring as CoD has always been to me.

Yeah there really was anything special in that sequence. Especially compared to other COD games.

For some reason it makes me want to replay COD4 campaign though.

FStop7

Banned
every COD MP game looks the same. It's not till you play it that all of the real differences show. Shit like chokepoints, best setup per map, learn how the weapons feel, discovering perks and which suit your style, etc.

It's like saying that every capcom fighting game looks like SFIV. They make look similar, but they all feel incredibly different, and it's not something you would notice by just watching the games.

Eh, I've played every CoD through BlOps 2. I was hoping AW was going to break some new ground, and it sounded like it would. But from what I've seen, which is quite a bit, it looks like pretty much the same old same old.

Yeeeah the mobility stuff still seems well behind Titanfall. Running on walls is way cooler than I can jump onto things that are kind of high but not that high

I took off from Ghosts just like I did MW3 so I'm all the way ready for another stupid COD campaign.

I took off from ghosts and tried to replace my yearly COD purchase with BF4 on the PS4 last year. not sure i need to say much else.

I'm super, duper, lifetime-of-smooth-poopers ready for CODAW. really, i just want something to play on my dusty ass ps4, so this will do.

But both Dota and Evolve have dedicated servers? They're not the particular type of dedicated servers with a server browser like old PC games, but the games aren't hosted by the players.

Yeah, but one can't run a dedicated server and what not, I don't trust an algorithm to "balance" the teams out in an Ideal manner as against an analog server where you can customize settings, add and subtract nuanced things to ones own desires.

Its limiting to creative stuff like gun games and other game types that bloomed out of mods, multiple free user made maps you don't have to pay for, skins and stuff you could just add to your game without having to shell out money for. That sort of customizability is just isn't promoted much these days.

I took off from ghosts and tried to replace my yearly COD purchase with BF4 on the PS4 last year. not sure i need to say much else.

I'm super, duper, lifetime-of-smooth-poopers ready for CODAW. really, i just want something to play on my dusty ass ps4, so this will do.

I think the only thing stopping me from impulse buying CoD tomorrow is the fact that Binding of Isaac is out and saves me from spending money on something that will eventually make me angry

okay now i understand where all the mitchell talk came from

it does not surprise me that dan has no clue what it is

having worked in minnesoder for a few years, you'd think MST3K would've been a thing he would've heard about and been into, ya know.

Mitchell isn't my favorite episode and im not even sure it's in my top 5, but if someone told me that it's the only one they've seen i'd shake their hand and call them a true american anyhow.

sikkinixx

The GTA quicklook made me go onto PSN and buy the PS2 classics version.

Dat framerate, yikes. But I kind of like the grunge look the PS2 gives it over the cleaner ports.

popo

I don't think it is the best use of any site employees time to review a 100 hour RPG (no idea if DA is that long, just giving an example). Throw that shit to a freelancer who would likely be playing it anyway.

Didn't Brad spend about 3 weeks playing FF13 off and on for a very late review? I think that was the last straw for reviewing RPGs unless one of them is playing it anyway (like Patrick and Divinity).

From Jason's twitter:

B1i0OGHCYAE9clo.jpg

Edit: Dammit, beaten.

Xater

As excited as I am for more Metal Gear Scanlon I just have to ask: When is time to party again? By that I mean Mario Party 2.

all this hype and it's just going to be dan and drew playing winback: covert operations. Y'all gonna be disappointed.

I have played Winback. It's not a good game...

Top Bottom