• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Gideon reminds me of this binary domain character (charles gregory, incidentally voiced by troy baker). It's probably the hat.

F4M0sKt.png

These are short-use things like [...] Hover, which makes it far easier for you to get shot out of the air over and over again.

LOL

it looks like they fixed a LOT of the issues I had with the multiplayer progression of the more recent games; i.e., they reverted it back closer to the better games in the series. Still not sure I want to play this, but it's good to see that the series is maybe not just on a perpetual downhill slide.

Kelas

Does he speak in a forced british accent, too?

Yeah, the binary domain guy is supposed to be a british secret service guy, so it's baker doing a kind of generic english accent. Gideon I guess is supposed to be south african, but voiced by an english actor. There's some overlap in those accents to begin with but he sounded more english to me.

so1337

I'm not surprised that Jeff and Dan hate zombies mode given it actually requires thought. Not a fan of Dan's casual spoiler for Advanced Warfare either. It might be a bit
obvious
but it happens a fair bit into the campaign.
Yeah, I'm pretty bummed that Ryckert spoiled that they lifted their plottwist straight from Mo
d
e
rn
W
arf
are 2.

Dany

Banned
I'm not surprised that Jeff and Dan hate zombies mode given it actually requires thought. Not a fan of Dan's casual spoiler for Advanced Warfare either. It might be a bit
obvious

Wow. That has to be the best/worst use of a spoiler tag.

Lots of systems in advanced warfare seem similar to evolve, like the jump and hover stuff.I like this shift into this fast paced gaming future.

But I don't like this whole shift from dedicated servers to user based servers, as it is Evolve has messed up amount of load time almost as bad as dota at times, its especially frustrating in Evolve because you know the team that made this was behind L4D and that had dedicated server and worked out just great. Also really sad to see only a handful games doing the whole dedicated server list thing anymore, hopefully it doesn't totally die out, I don't know why enough people care about this either its mostly just been taken for granted in the gaming community.

But I don't like this whole shift from dedicated servers to user based servers, as it is Evolve has messed up amount of load time almost as bad as dota at times

But both Dota and Evolve have dedicated servers? They're not the particular type of dedicated servers with a server browser like old PC games, but the games aren't hosted by the players.

I don't get why Jeff loved the branching story in Black Ops 2 so much. No matter the branch it was still rubbish.

yeah, but, like, they actually tried for a COD campaign. there was some stuff that i didn't even know could be done differently until after i finished the game and looked it up.

They don't have to try for a COD campaign because a large percentage of people don't play it and there isn't an expectation that it would be any good. I commend them for trying, even if it kinda feels disjointed because of the branching nature of the campaign.

Also, i like that Treyarch basically secretly made a COD trilogy and no one really noticed.

Darklord

Banned
What's with giantbombs forums and comments section now? It used to be so chilled and relaxed, now it seems like it's run by ultra-PC censor heavy mods. I had a comment deleted because I mentioned fox news in it, and I was given a strike because in a comment about how Mary was a fantastic guest on UPF and said she's beautiful. Apparently calling a guest "beautiful" is offensive and not tolerated and I'm objectifying her which is the only reason I like her as a guest.

Are these GB mods tumblr kids or something?

Kelas

The mods probably think that comments about a staffer's appearance, positive or negative, are a bit weird and serve no purpose.

What's with giantbombs forums and comments section now? It used to be so chilled and relaxed, now it seems like it's run by ultra-PC censor heavy mods. I had a comment deleted because I mentioned fox news in it, and I was given a strike because in a comment about how Mary was a fantastic guest on UPF and said she's beautiful. Apparently calling a guest "beautiful" is offensive and not tolerated and I'm objectifying her which is the only reason I like her as a guest.

If this is what you wrote, I'm kinda glad I didn't have to read either of your comments over there, tbh.

Patryn

It's best to just ban any comments about people's appearance than it is to try to figure out some fuzzy middle line between what is acceptable and what isn't, and lead to posters trying to be rules lawyers.

I'll also say that they're likely cracking down super hard on anything even slightly questionable about Mary and other women (and, yes, I would argue that saying she's "beautiful" does begin to enter questionable territory simply because of the doors it can open) given the unfortunate history of the community and its treatment of women.

There was a reason they put up a harsh warning next to the chat of the last UPF.

Myggen

It's best to just ban any comments about people's appearance than it is to try to figure out some fuzzy middle line between what is acceptable and what isn't, and lead to posters trying to be rules lawyers.

I'll also say that they're likely cracking down super hard on anything even slightly questionable about Mary and other women (and, yes, I would argue that saying she's "beautiful" does begin to enter questionable territory simply because of the doors it can open) given the unfortunate history of the community and its treatment of women.

There was a reason they put up a harsh warning next to the chat of the last UPF.

They did get newer and stricter forum/comment/chat rules for a reason.

I wonder if it would be to risky but in the Roman Reigns interview i want to know how he felt jobbing to Dave at the Royal Rumble when 99% of the fans were chanting for Reigns
Bryan am cry

KingKong

I know it's a cliche to say that every Call of Duty looks the same but it really does look like the same game. The movement stuff adds a little bit to it but considering the hitscan weapons it's just a way to traverse maps

Myggen

I know it's a cliche to say that every Call of Duty looks the same but it really does look like the same game. The movement stuff adds a little bit to it but considering the hitscan weapons it's just a way to traverse maps

As someone who really loved COD in the past but didn't buy the last two games, I think the new one looks very promising. I do not want them to change the formula too much, so a better-looking COD game with a lot more movement options sounds really, really good to me right now. The online maps are supposed to be quite good too, which is essential. I don't really give a shit about the single player, but will probably play through it once in order to see all the dumb QTE stuff.

Xater

As someone who really loved COD in the past but didn't buy the last two games, I think the new one looks very promising. I do not want them to change the formula too much, so a better-looking COD game with a lot more movement options sounds really, really good to me right now. The online maps are supposed to be quite good too, which is essential. I don't really give a shit about the single player, but will probably play through it once in order to see all the dumb QTE stuff.

I feel the same way, but at the same time I fear once I buy back in I might feel burned by it after all.

Also as someone who like the zombie stuff that being potentially completely locked behind the season pass is a real turn off.

I've not played a CoD since World at War. The new one sounded promising, but watching the QL it very much is CoD. That's not a bad thing, just not what I think i'd enjoy. I always find myself getting frustrated with the low TTK in Battlefield and CoD. I probably just need to git gud, but i'd prefer to play Halo or other arena-ish shooters any day of the week.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
obvious

That wasn't a spoiler. I don't know what happens yet, so it's just a theory.

I haven't played a COD game since Black Ops but I was watching a video for a few minutes yesterday and it looked like the time to kill is even faster now. My problems with COD center around the combination of kill streaks, super low time to kill and virtually no recoil. That combination makes camping an ultra effective strategy. More so than just about any other fps.

I've not played a CoD since World at War. The new one sounded promising, but watching the QL it very much is CoD. That's not a bad thing, just not what I think i'd enjoy. I always find myself getting frustrated with the low TTK in Battlefield and CoD. I probably just need to git gud, but i'd prefer to play Halo or other arena-ish shooters any day of the week.

BF's TTK is low but CODs seems much much lower.

Top Bottom