• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Myggen

As excited as I am for more Metal Gear Scanlon I just have to ask: When is time to party gain? By that I mean Mario Party 2.

I want it.

2663913-dont.gif

Myggen

The thought of new MGS is getting me happy again after Stupid WWE delaying the network at the last minute.

Oh, that's the network you were talking about. I thought you were excited for that bad HBO show to start up again or something.

Seems like the launch of the WWE Network hasn't exactly been smooth outside of NA.

The GTA quicklook made me go onto PSN and buy the PS2 classics version.

Dat framerate, yikes. But I kind of like the grunge look the PS2 gives it over the cleaner ports.

It made me redownload the PC version and play a bunch of those dumb multiplayer role playing mods, I played for 3 hours as a bus driver so I could make enough money to buy a fishing boat. Video games yall.

Absolutely.

I do ultimately agree with Dan on that, but it's most fun to shit on 2 in my opinion.

yeah but peace walker drops off a cliff so hard and fast after a promising start and are we still considering portable ops canon? because that has flies buzzing around it and dogs trying to urinate on it all day.

MGS2 at least was ballsy, even if it's uneven at times.

Tamanon

Banned
Cutscene Kevin Spacey looks really good. I don't really care about Call of Duty but Sledgehammer seems to have done well with the game all around.

edit: Those time limited items though...

Keep in mind, Jeff had the Limited Item part wrong. That bloody helmet is just a cosmetic thing you get the match after you get a Bloodthirsty medal. It's not in any supply drop(all that stuff is permanent). It's just a temporary cosmetic thing if you want it, that's all.

jgminto

yeah but peace walker drops off a cliff so hard and fast after a promising start and are we still considering portable ops canon? because that has flies buzzing around it and dogs trying to urinate on it all day.

MGS2 at least was ballsy, even if it's uneven at times.

Peace Walker was alright. It probably had the best collection of bosses outside of 3.

Peace Walker was alright. It probably had the best collection of bosses outside of 3.

that story was D-tier, even for Kojima. also, most of those bosses were bullet sponges if you played the game by yourself. Took way too long. plus, i didn't even bother with the grind at the end for the real ending. Liked the game, but i felt like the game was playing defense against itself the whole time.

that mother base stuff was pretty damn fun, now that i remember.

so1337

Ground Zeroes is disturbing, but Peace Walker has you put Paz in a bikini into the Love Box with Snake.
TELL ME MORE

Joking aside, I've never played it. It always seemed like an inessential entry to me. Besides, Kojima usually hides the creepy stuff behind really obscure mechanics. I never did any of the photoshoot stuff in 4.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
For anyone interested, Jazzpunk is on the Humble Bundle this week, which many of the duders enjoyed iirc.
https://www.humblebundle.com/

There's some other great games in the bundle as well

It really is a great bundle. I've already played like 12+ hours of olliolli, jazzpunk, and risk of rain combined.

You get three gift links for risk of rain too. If anyone wants a copy of it pm me, but I'd recommend just buying the bundle if you haven't done so.

It's a very, very funny game. The QL was the reason I bought it. But as with all humor I'm sure it doesn't appeal to everyone.

It felt like another one of those "hey Internet memes are funny" kind of games. Stanley Parable did funny gaming right, though... or at least it did from the 2 times I beat it. It's a shame I got the true ending so quickly.

jgminto

It felt like another one of those "hey Internet memes are funny" kind of games. Stanley Parable did funny gaming right, though... or at least it did from the 2 times I beat it. It's a shame I got the true ending so quickly.

Except it's not? There aren't any memes in Jazzpunk.

AcridMeat

Banned
Going back through quick looks I missed. Blackbay Asylum is hilarious. I know Alex is poopooing it for the majority of the time, but it's in contrast to enthusiastic patient Vinny which is just great haha.

@the NBA Live 15 QL: Another recent sports game, another bad liscenced soundtrack.

I had always heard that Joe Don Baker hates them for that and said he was going to beat them up if he ever met them. No clue if it's true.

It is very, very true.

I'd laugh, but when TV's Frank gets mad if you call him 'TV's Frank', it's hard to cast stones. Like come on, dude. What else am I gonna call you, Twitter's Frank Conniff?

Ha! Wow. He was one of the guys who rarely came back outside of conventions, too.

Myggen

There's no memes in Jazzpunk. If I were to describe the game's humor I'd go with absurd. As I said it's not for everyone, but I absolutely loved it.

Top Bottom