• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Cutscene Kevin Spacey looks really good. I don't really care about Call of Duty but Sledgehammer seems to have done well with the game all around.

edit: Those time limited items though...

Xater

I haven't played a COD game since Black Ops but I was watching a video for a few minutes yesterday and it looked like the time to kill is even faster now. My problems with COD center around the combination of kill streaks, super low time to kill and virtually no recoil. That combination makes camping an ultra effective strategy. More so than just about any other fps.

BF's TTK is low but CODs seems much much lower.

Yeah the TTK in BF is definitely higher than in COD.

BF's TTK is low but CODs seems much much lower.

Yeah that's what my frustration comes from when playing. It starts to feel like hide and seek, if someone sees me first then i'm dead. In a game like Halo even if someone gets the drop on me I still have a chance to win. I have the potential to outplay, battles feel like duels between myself and another player who I come across, the winner isn't determined by who sees who first.

Yeah that's what my frustration comes from when playing. It starts to feel like hide and seek, if someone sees me first then i'm dead. In a game like Halo even if someone gets the drop on me I still have a chance to win. I have the potential to outplay, battles feel like duels between myself and another player who I come across, the winner isn't determined by who sees who first.

Yeah, BF TTK is too low to result in too many duels like your describing however it's long enough to evade and find cover when your being shot at (at least since they improved the "netcode")

Halo's shield mechanic allows for the situation your talking about. Aiming on the move is a skill that's more important than getting a jump on someone.

COD's TTK is so low that your brain can barely register that your getting shot at before you die.

FStop7

Banned
I don't often disagree with Jeff's reviews but IMO he's way off the mark about CoD. I watched about 3 hours of the campaign and an hour of multi on Twitch and it looks like the same old same old.

And Uncanny Valley Kevin Spacey creeped me out.

I don't often disagree with Jeff's reviews but IMO he's way off the mark about CoD. I watched about 3 hours of the campaign and an hour of multi on Twitch and it looks like the same old same old.

And Uncanny Valley Kevin Spacey creeped me out.

every COD MP game looks the same. It's not till you play it that all of the real differences show. Shit like chokepoints, best setup per map, learn how the weapons feel, discovering perks and which suit your style, etc.

It's like saying that every capcom fighting game looks like SFIV. They make look similar, but they all feel incredibly different, and it's not something you would notice by just watching the games.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
We should be happy DJ Jaded Jeff actually likes a game series.

I can't tell any of the CODs apart either.

They really need to get on those 1080/60 quicklooks soon.

Teddified

so i guess jeff's tweet about not showing a ps4 version is most likely AC then? since cod is on the ps4

He said later that the game in question doesn't come out for a few weeks. And AC Unity comes out in like 1 week, so unless he has a weird definition of "few" I find it hard to believe it's AC Unity.

Patryn

so i guess jeff's tweet about not showing a ps4 version is most likely AC then? since cod is on the ps4

He said later that the game in question doesn't come out for a few weeks. And AC Unity comes out in like 1 week, so unless he has a weird definition of "few" I find it hard to believe it's AC Unity.

"Game in question isn’t out for a few weeks so it’s not that disruptive. Gotta figure Sony will figure its shit out before then, right?"

I'm fairly certain it was Dragon Age. It was widely publicized that DA review copies went out last week and it doesn't come out until the 18th.

Add into that a bit of conspiracy in that Microsoft already paid for timed exclusivity on the first large single-player DLC package, and well.....

Alucrid

Banned

I'm fairly certain it was Dragon Age. It was widely publicized that DA review copies went out last week and it doesn't come out until the 18th.

Add into that a bit of conspiracy in that Microsoft already paid for timed exclusivity on the first large single-player DLC package, and well.....

Ah okay, Dragon Age makes sense then

edit: oh, didn't know that about the dlc thing

Patryn

Ah okay, Dragon Age makes sense then

edit: oh, didn't know that about the dlc thing

The irony of it being Dragon Age is that I'm still willing to bet that it doesn't get an actual review from Giant Bomb.

As I've said many times, I don't think anyone really gives a shit about it other than Vinny and Rorie, and neither really does reviews.

The irony of it being Dragon Age is that I'm still willing to bet that it doesn't get an actual review from Giant Bomb.

As I've said many times, I don't think anyone really gives a shit about it other than Vinny and Rorie, and neither really does reviews.

I'd like to see one of the SF guys reviews it, but Patrick also played through Divinity so I could see him taking a stab at DA:I.

Xater

GB's coverage of RPGs is pretty poor in general. I usually have to go to other places to get what I need.

Didn't Patrick say on friday's Bombin' that he was thinking about playing Valkyria Chronicles on the job because he wanted to make sure he played it ? Because if that's the case, he should totally ER the game with Dave Lang. :D

Disappointed by the lack of Atlus/Persona jokes in the Advanced Warfare Quick Look so far, but I guess that's a given with the philistine Dan sitting in.

Thank you for your Quick Look of Valkyria Chronicles, Dave & Brad... you guys helped me make the right choice. I've been dying for a Fire Emblem-style game on PC!

Sorta funny how they talk about the sales in that QL as being lacklustre... and here it is being brought to PC almost half a decade later.

I feel like I'm the only one who's completely freaked out by the look of Video Game Kevin Spacey

He doesn't look good or accurate; it's a simple case where "uncanney valley" is preferrable to "dead-eyed mannequin." Or, at least, that's my best explanation.

Patryn

GB's coverage of RPGs is pretty poor in general. I usually have to go to other places to get what I need.

I would add that it's not necessarily a terrible thing. Giant Bomb thrives because they cover what they want to cover. I'd rather they just basically ignore DA than force someone who doesn't really care to slog through it.

I just hope that at some point they do hire somebody who enjoys them in the future.

Xater

I would add that it's not necessarily a terrible thing. Giant Bomb thrives because they cover what they want to cover. I'd rather they just basically ignore DA than force someone who doesn't really care to slog through it.

I just hope that at some point they do hire somebody who enjoys them in the future.

It is and isn't a terrible thing. I don't mind going somewhere else. Mostly I just follow impressions here because I know which people here I can trust with RPGs. (Mostly the old guard which is also into CRPGs) I was just kinda saddened by Patrick saying he does't feel like he needs to play Wasteland 2 for GOTY stuff despite it being one of the best RPGs in a while and him enjoying Divinity. It's actually much easier to get into than Divinity and shorter if you mainline it. Not that you should do that since some of the side stuff is really cool.

Wunder

Yeah, it's be pointless if the QL would just be them going "Huh, I don't know if this was in Origins or DA2, or a new thing at all!" if no one was interested in covering the game in the first place but felt obligated to because it's a AAA release or something

Xater

Yeah, it's be pointless if the QL would just be them going "Huh, I don't know if this was in Origins or DA2, or a new thing at all!" if no one was interested in covering the game in the first place but felt obligated to because it's a AAA release or something

Someone will totally QL it, most likely Vinny, but reviewing is a whole different thing.

Patryn

doesn't Vinny like the DA games? he'd be my guess for QL

I have a feeling that Vinny and Alex will end up doing the QL for it. I'm just not sure what Alex will bring to the table, as it doesn't really feel like a game that he'll like or have much to say about.

Someone will totally QL it, most likely Vinny, but reviewing is a whole different thing.

Exactly. It's going to get a QL, but I don't see it getting a review. Vinny hasn't reviewed anything in YEARS, and I don't think he has the time to play through it in a timely fashion given that he's got two young kids at home.

Rorie is probably interested in DA. He's expressed difficulty in getting through RPGs recently due to the time commitment but he could at least be in on a QL I'd hope.

I had always heard that Joe Don Baker hates them for that and said he was going to beat them up if he ever met them. No clue if it's true.

The guy who played Rowsdower in Final Sacrifice actually embraces it and thinks the riff is hilarious. Mitchell needs some Rowsdower training.

Edit: Actually the actor that played Rowsdower was named Bruce J. Mitchell. Maybe you're actually playing as Rowdower in COD:AW.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd laugh, but when TV's Frank gets mad if you call him 'TV's Frank', it's hard to cast stones. Like come on, dude. What else am I gonna call you, Twitter's Frank Conniff?

AcridMeat

Banned
NBA Live is not a great looking game. The lighting just looks really off.
The AI looks even worse. Maybe in a couple years it will be at a point where it may make 2k rethink some things, but watching that quick look it reminded me of the NBA Inside Drive series from the OG xbox/ps2 era.

Sucks, I really want a competent Ultimate Team mode for a basketball game (2k's is real bad).

Top Bottom