• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Goddamn, I totally didn't know/remember the ocelot codec calls or the weird easter eggs where you can hear snake's thoughts.

Loving this series.

I don't know why drew is so hesitant to just tranq guards in their face.

I have not played MSS2 since I bought it at launch, played it in one massive sitting, and thought I was LOSING MY MIND in the parts near the end. Being seriously sleep deprived, while being part of what happens near the end legit made me freak out.

Red UFO

I have not played MSS2 since I bought it at launch, played it in one massive sitting, and thought I was LOSING MY MIND in the parts near the end. Being seriously sleep deprived, while being part of what happens near the end legit made me freak out.
That sounds fucking cool.

jgminto

Goddamn, I totally didn't know/remember the ocelot codec calls or the weird easter eggs where you can hear snake's thoughts.

Loving this series.

The fact we don't get Ocelot saving our data with bad proverbs the whole game is the worst thing about MGS2.

jgminto

Liquid is overrated. Playing through the series recently has made me realise that Ocelot is so much cooler and being robbed of his magnificence in 4 with that horrible amalgamation is Kojima's greatest sin.

sjack

Banned
Liquid is overrated. Playing through the series recently has made me realise that Ocelot is so much cooler and being robbed of his magnificence in 4 with that horrible amalgamation is Kojima's greatest sin.

Except that it was not really an "amalgamation"

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I honestly still have no idea how that worked seeing that I've played around 1/6 of MGS4.

Going through the MGSwiki now and I think my mind is collapsing in on me.

sjack

Banned
I honestly still have no idea how that worked seeing that I've played around 1/6 of MGS4.

Going through the MGSwiki now and I think my mind is collapsing in on me.

And the best part is that despite how much MGS 4 over uses nanomachines to hand-wave all its nonsense, they had absolutely nothing to with this

Indignate

Loving this series.

The fact we don't get Ocelot saving our data with bad proverbs the whole game is the worst thing about MGS2.

You guys confused the hell out of me saying Ocelot instead of Otakon.

Thought I missed some weird easter egg.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I was already laughing at the Deep Fish thing, but Jason screaming "use the box" off-mic slayed me.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Pigpen, not Linus, dan. Linus' thing was his blanket. You don't know your peanuts.

Edit:

Though it's been mentioned, just to say it again to increase the chance dan sees it: the ps3 controller does have analog buttons and all the analog stuff works as it should.

I was already laughing at the Deep Fish thing, but Jason screaming "use the box" off-mic slayed me.

That was painful to watch, truly. The rest of the episode was fine (holy shit, Drew beat a boss without dying or cheesing it!) but man, that was...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Liquid is overrated.

2628596-vinny_mad_what.gif

Xanathus

Kinda thought Drew would be better at the game's sneaking and shooting mechanics after playing through the entirety of MGS1... hopefully it's just because he's starting again for the first time and the controls are "normal".

It's hard to reconcile my memories of exploring every inch of that MGS2 tanker demo and then see drew essentially do a speedrun right to the bridge. Half of the fun in the tanker was exploring the area, getting used to the new mechanics, and of course tossing every guard that's outside the ship into the hudson river.

still, really enjoyable to see otacon trying his best mei ling impression in the save screens.

Xater

It's hard to reconcile my memories of exploring every inch of that MGS2 tanker demo and then see drew essentially do a speedrun right to the bridge. Half of the fun in the tanker was exploring the area, getting used to the new mechanics, and of course tossing every guard that's outside the ship into the hudson river.

still, really enjoyable to see otacon trying his best mei ling impression in the save screens.

I experimented with the demo once I had the game is finished the tanker in no time as well.

Myggen

Great first episode. Metal Gear Scanlon is up there with my all time favorite GB features, and I'm not even a big fan of the games.

Bacon

I don't see how any of those tweets are surprising. I would have bet my lifetime potential earnings that Dan wouldn't be one to vote in the midterm elections.

Top Bottom