• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Wunder

"The people in the comments in the last video told me not to spray pam while the burner is on because... well i might burn myself... So I'm not gonna do that anymore!"

amazing video

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
What happened to Drew's radar at 45:04? I just now saw that, why is it suddenly showing a box of watermelons for a second?

I find it so funny that refusing to vote is the one area that will get a person who is normally pretty cavalier about politics and current events all up in arms. Voting is basically just choosing who we want to put in charge of issues so we can think less about them ourselves.

Volotaire

It really isn't that hard to know if you agree with Democrats or Republicans and then vote a straight ticket.

It's a different situation for other countries in a more than 2 party-party system. Then there is the distinction of voting for the presidency and the policies impacting the country against your local constituent in your state's policies potentially affecting more direct decisions. Also, doesn't the US also have other parties such as the Tea and Greens that voters can select?

BearPawB

Banned
It's a different situation for other countries in a more than 2 party-party system. Then there is the distinction of voting for the presidency and the policies impacting the country against your local constituent in your state's policies potentially affecting more direct decisions. Also, doesn't the US also have other parties such as the Tea and Greens that voters can select?

In the midterm elections there is usually 1 third party on the ballot for the big seats.
But you are also voting for judges/other that may not have a political party attached

Tea party is a party in name only. It's the far republicans cannibalizing the republican party. The green party is very irrelevant. If you want to separate yourself from R or D you just say you're Independent.

xanavi

Fuck, why would you waste perfectly good popcorn with mashed jellybeans?

What, he ended up liking it? Dan is a cooking savant.

daydream

Banned
Dan's cooking videos are great except for the part where you can't trust the verdict, like, at all. :p

Hey Dan, you should get a second opinion from a neutral party. Your cameraman, for example.

Scizzy

Dan's cooking videos are great except for the part where you can't trust the verdict, like, at all. :p

Hey Dan, you should get a second opinion from a neutral party. Your cameraman, for example.

It's all fun and games when Dan eats it. Subjecting another person to such a horror, however, is a crime in most states.

Myggen

Cooking With Dan is prime GB content hidden away on Dan's channel! Get Jeff in on the action and you've got a stew going.

edit: Is Dan using a gas stove? Is that normal in the US? I haven't seen one of those in a house for about 15 years here in Norway.

Brashnir

The best part of the cooking with Dan video is that he immediately turns the jelly beans into a powder which could easily be sprinkled over popcorn, and then proceeds to try and melt and mash it into a paste which can no longer be easily distributed over popcorn.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I know this is like the nineteenth most wrong thing about that video, but good lord did he murder those eggs. Step 1: Burn the eggs long before you add any toppings. Then wait a while.

Also I don't know what I expected from "Pizza Roll Omelet" but for some reason it was more than "an omelet with leftover pizza rolls thrown in"

edit:

Cooking With Dan is prime GB content hidden away on Dan's channel! Get Jeff in on the action and you've got a stew going.

edit: Is Dan using a gas stove? Is that normal in the US? I haven't seen one of those in a house for about 15 years here in Norway.

Pretty common. I've personally only had an electric stovetop once in my life, when I was living in a pretty new apartment building.

edit: Is Dan using a gas oven? Is that normal in the US? I haven't seen one of those in a house for about 15 years here in Norway.

Gas ranges are still really common in America. No I don't know why. They still make them and people still buy them.

I think people just buy them as that's what they're used to, and they convince themselves they're more uniform or faster or they have more control or some goofy thing.

Mostly it's just whatever old thing was at your apartment before and you don't care so you just use it, which is probably Dan's case.

Gnome

I just hope people don't imitate his "ignorance is bliss" view on life, thinking it makes them cool or like Dan (god, who would want to be Dan?).

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

Yes it's pretty normal. Especially in the area Dan lives where most homes haven't had a remodel since the 70's/80's.

My last place had all of its 1950's plumbing and electrical work still intact.

I watched the enitre MGS2 intro movie the vast majority of the time I played that back in the day.

That melody was one of the 1th things I learned to play on guitar.

I am still legit bummed Konami canted / wont use it anymore. It is like if Halo stopped using the iconic "dadadadaa-dadadadaaaaaa"

Myggen

Gas ranges are still really common in America. No I don't know why. They still make them and people still buy them.

I think people just buy them as that's what they're used to, and they convince themselves they're more uniform or faster or they have more control or some goofy thing.

Mostly it's just whatever old thing was at your apartment before and you don't care so you just use it, which is probably Dan's case.

Makes sense. I totally understand why you would just use whatever is in the apartment you're renting. But stoves with open flames like that one, I thought we were past that!

Brakke

Banned
Dan's tone deaf buffoonery is getting real old. "Oh *I* never have problems with the TSA so they're alright". "My life is good and fun and voting is difficult so fuck it".

Get real dude. What a toddler.

Zaph

Makes sense. I totally understand why you would just use whatever is in the apartment you're renting. But stoves with open flames like that one, I thought we were past that!

Every home I've had in the UK used a gas stove.

But then again, we still have separate hot and cold taps, so not exactly a bastion of modern engineering.

nSY3MKf.jpg

Myggen

Every home I've had in the UK used a gas stove.

But then again, we still have separate hot and cold taps, so not exactly a bastion of modern engineering.

nSY3MKf.jpg

I guess because I've only lived in hotels in the UK I have never noticed hot and cold taps being normal. I remember burning my hands on one of those as a kid :p

The idea of getting angry at someone because they don't care about something mystifies me. Not everyone needs to care about everything. Get over it.

Gas stoves definitely aren't a normal thing here in Finland either, but I know a few people who like to cook a lot and have one installed because it's just better. Much easier to control the temperature and great with a wok, for example.

justjim89

How can people be upset about something as trivial as voting when Dan is promoting the consumption of buttered popcorn jelly beans? That's just nasty. Besides, doesn't voting make you eligible for jury duty? Fuck that. I'm not gonna go out of my way to do a chore just for a chance to get roped into another chore. Fellow non-voting American here.

Metal Gear Scanlon 2 is fantastic already. I'm surprised Drew beat Olga in one try, I've always had trouble with that fight. Really looking forward to the next episode.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
It affects me. If you don't want to shower and I have to smell you, I'm going to be upset at you.

If he voted for the opposite party you vote for, would you also be angry? You are basically saying "Everybody needs to do exactly what I do, cause it might affect me in some way".

Myggen

Gas stoves definitely aren't a normal thing here in Finland either, but I know a few people who like to cook a lot and have one installed because it's just better. Much easier to control the temperature and great with a wok, for example.

Yeah, I've seen it in restaurants.

dan's gimmicky stuff/"please pay attention to me" tweets are getting really boring, hope he moves on from that at some point. he can be pretty funny and the enthusiasm he brings to the table is great (and he's made an insane amount of premium content since joining), I wish he'd just stick to that.

Myggen

dan's gimmicky stuff/"please pay attention to me" tweets are getting really boring, hope he moves on from that at some point. he can be pretty funny and the enthusiasm he brings to the table is great (and he's made an insane amount of premium content since joining), I wish he'd just stick to that.

His twitter has been like that since the beginning. My suggestion would be to step away from his Twitter if you don't like it because it's not gonna change :)

Dan has always been, and hopefully will always be, like that. He only got super popular for it (around here, more specifically), because joining GB was the first time a lot of us had been introduced to him.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
For real though Dan, there is so much way to find information floating around that puts a lot of the voting tickets into easy to understand terms that there's no reason not to vote.

But...to be fair, if Dan isn't jnterested in reading up on anything them isn't his argument pretty solid? Isn't it better for him to just abstain than vote randomly on shit?

Top Bottom