• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Myggen

remember that time Rorie flipped a Japanese banana into Mary's mouth?

WastefulZanyDodobird.gif

I'm sure Nintendo isn't thrilled to have that much gameplay out in the wild.

But seriously, I don't think Giant Bomb has a huge problem with clips so long as it's not, like, the entire video. Rorie probably dreads the times he has to let loose the lawyers.

After all, Giant Bomb is no stranger to screwed up copyright claims on videos. I recall - during a bombcast(?) - one of them mentioning all of the trouble (i.e. bureaucracy) they have to go through to reclaim lost video footage on things like YouTube or Twitch.

Speaking of full videos, people upload full Quick Looks to YT all the time (Rorie has gotten a few of them taken down). Last week full QLs of Surgeon Simulator and Dreamfall Chapters were uploaded for some reason :p

So what do we think of a YT highlight video of the Mario Party Party 2 feature that is 19 minutes long? At least it's not 30 minutes like the highlight video of the first Mario Party Party, but still, it's over the limit of what I'm comfortable with.

I don't think it's a big deal, I think it's cool that people like their videos enough to spend their time making a highlight reel to get others into it something they like. I would think those videos would get more people into Giant Bomb, like those pantherx QL highlight videos.

Myggen

I don't think it's a big deal, I think it's cool that people like their videos enough to spend their time making a highlight reel to get others into it something they like. I would think those videos would get more people into Giant Bomb, like those pantherx QL highlight videos.

I guess. I still think there should be a limit. The 30-minute highlight video of Mario Party Party is clearly over that in my view, 19 minutes is close to the line. The pantherx videos are great though.

Dan is a moderator of the Boohbah Zone subreddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/boohbahzone

hDWxjmk.png

That makes perfect sense.

Speaking of full videos, people upload full Quick Looks to YT all the time (Rorie has gotten a few of them taken down). Last week full QLs of Surgeon Simulator and Dreamfall Chapters were uploaded for some reason :p

Yeah that's crossing the line. Probably the same sort of thing as Youtube folk who upload popular trailers themselves to try and leech views.

FailedNinjaEdit: This sort of thing is sad, but sometimes I appreciate the mirrored trailers because I don't need to log in to view it. I'm a bad person.

dbf6a743a8.png

"that's it..."

:C

He probably thought both of them had blue backgrounds to begin with, so he never doubted the colours.

I voted that Drew would win, so this suited me fine. (I'm sorry Jeff!)

1 in 10 men have some form of color vision deficiency, it's baffling how little effort is made by developers to compensate for that.

I've said it before, but probably a third of all the sights in Destiny are unusable for me. that colorblind mode in the GBEAST CoD video was a laughable attempt at trying to fix it. "all these greens, browns, and greys still look the same, but look at this sweet pink blood!"

1 in 10 men have some form of color vision deficiency, it's baffling how little effort is made by developers to compensate for that.

I've said it before, but probably a third of all the sights in Destiny are unusable for me. that colorblind mode in the GBEAST CoD video was a laughable attempt at trying to fix it. "all these greens, browns, and greys still look the same, but look at this sweet pink blood!"

Rebindable keys, graphics options, and subtitles are still a struggle for developers to implement... so don't hold your breath.

Yeah, the worst is when you find a color blind mode and discover that you either have to A) live with having a few annoying situations where you mix up greens and yellows, or dark greens and reds, or purples and blues, or B) pick this incredibly over-the-top colorblind mode where everything looks fucked up because they assume that there's only one kind of colorblindness, but some stuff is still too close colorwise so what the fuck.

On which video?

The COD video. When Alex and Vinny were full screen before the gameplay it looked great but once they got into the game the compression became evident. I'm guessing it was a matter of so little motion in the beginning and the game's action and dark colors made the compression much more obvious.

Myggen

The COD video. When Alex and Vinny were full screen before the gameplay it looked great but once they got into the game the compression became evident. I'm guessing it was a matter of so little motion in the beginning and the game's action and dark colors made the compression much more obvious.

Yeah, probably didn't help either that the archive was corrupted so Vinny had to put the stream on the site as an archive.

demidar

I was watching the new Ghostship video and when Drew picked up that purple pickup I said "Quad Damage" as a Pavlovian response, at exactly the same time and cadence as Drew. Anyone else did the same thing?

Day 4: Part 7:

Dave is in FINE form in this one. One by one, people who've never met him end up taking part in his greatness. It's divine.

I forgot how much I miss his hijinx.

I guess. I still think there should be a limit. The 30-minute highlight video of Mario Party Party is clearly over that in my view, 19 minutes is close to the line. The pantherx videos are great though.

That makes perfect sense.

Anything Dan does does.

Just watched the mailbag. Smfh. What is wrong with people. The gbers don't need your goddamn computer.

Yeah, it sometimes weird the stuff people are willing to send. Like, I do sometimes wonder how much stuff they get that they treat like publisher swag where they put it in a drawer and forget about it. I mean, people should probably limit it to consumables, like weird regional drinks/candies/snakes/etc.

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah, it sometimes weird the stuff people are willing to send. Like, I do sometimes wonder how much stuff they get that they treat like publisher swag where they put it in a drawer and forget about it. I mean, people should probably limit it to consumables, like weird regional drinks/candies/snakes/etc.

or mario party 3

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Any of my fans in the GB community thread, feel free to send me expensive items (i.e. a computer). Thanks.

i dunno, the fridge was kind of a joke, but then they ended up using it all the time. they already have a billion computers. if they can actually use it, then that's cool... especially if they just install windows 95 on it

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
After the Patrick thing with the computer, I really think GB needs to come out and say 'seriously, stop spending so much money on us' Because it's fucking creepy.

After the Patrick thing with the computer, I really think GB needs to come out and say 'seriously, stop spending so much money on us' Because it's fucking creepy.

Super Best Friends Play had a mailbag for a while, until they got three copies of a high priced collector's box set. Then they shut it down because they felt super awkward about all the stuff they were getting. Not just the expensive things, there was just a lot of stuff coming in.

Fans will be fans, and unless the content creators take a hard stance on "stop it," stuff's going to keep going in.

Renpatsu

Are we forgetting that Fridge-kun was sent to fight a gross injustice? As far as I'm aware those vending machines still aren't cool enough.

Top Bottom