• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

I think Random PC game is pretty much dead unless Beast decides to resurrect it. One-offs like CD-i are always great but, well, they happen maybe once a month (for all intents and purposes, Mario Party Party falls under this category). They need something to fill the weekly Premium quota, and I'm longing for a new Breaking Brad.

You're pulling a Microsoft there, Jimbo. Can't skip 2!
But dmc2 is a bad game (._. )

daydream

Banned
Oh yes you can, DMC2 is so fucking bad that it wouldn't even be fun to watch Brad play it. It's just an awful game.

Well, if he wants to skip it, fine. I reckon he hasn't played it, though, so he might want to experience it for himself. :p

Brad is thorough!

Myggen

Well, if he wants to skip it, fine. I reckon he hasn't played it, though, so he might want to experience it for himself. :p

Brad is thorough!

It's so bad! I remember being so hyped for that game when it came out because I loved the first one, it's probably my most disappointing game ever along with the new Sim City.

You can literally finish all of DMC2 by sitting back and shooting your pistols. The game isn't bad because it's not a good dmc game, it's bad because it's a bad action game period.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Now I'm again stuck with the Persona 4 Dilemma. I want to check out MGS2-4 but I also want to stay true to Metal Gear Scanlon (which likely won't finish before end of 2015)....

Play them! 3 is legitimately fun to play and a game I consider among the best ever, it would be a shame to know everything in advance. You can be Dan next time, watching Drew's reactions instead of focusing on the crazy yourself.

Plus, by the time you finish MGS2 you'll probably want to watch it over again so you have that to look forward to.

MGS4 is 90% the same experience watching yourself or watching somebody else watch it, so do whatever you like with that one.

bigkrev

I've tried so many times to play MGS3, but the lack of radar and the mechanics just drive me away from the game every time I try it.

Can I just skip ahead to MGS4 if I played MGS1 and 2?

I've tried so many times to play MGS3, but the lack of radar and the mechanics just drive me away from the game every time I try it.

No, don't do that. The lack of radar isn't such a big deal. Especially since Subsistence added a real third-person camera, which lets the player see all of his surroundings.

No. MGS3 is vital to understanding MGS4. Once you get used to the tools MGS3 gives you (and glorious CQC), it'll feel completely natural.

MGS 3 is pretty important for the series. Every single post metal gear game is about dealing with it. Even 4 (thought in the clumsiest way possible).

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I had no interest in Shadow of Mordor before that quick look. Thanks for making me spend more money, guys.
Yeah that game looks great. I just don't have time for it with GTA coming out and Destiny etc..

But that shit looks smokin' really happy about what I saw.

Dan Ryckert's college experience is so wildly different from mine that it almost feels inappropriate to label them with the same word.

Zebetite

Banned
I think Drew is gonna LOVE Snake Eater.

Like any sane person would.

It just seems so up his alley. It's probably the most action-movie of the lot, it's got a bunch of cool Cold War intrigue, the entire game is spent messing around with an enormous toolkit in the most creative ways you can muster.

The only problem I forsee is that MGS3 has the most complex control scheme in the entire series. It took him nearly all of MGS1 just to get a grip on the controls for that game, I shudder to think how long it will be until he's able to effectively CQC. Or shoot a guy in first person down the barrel of a rifle by peeking up from behind cover (Which, for reference, requires you to hold down all four shoulder buttons [starting with R1, then adding L1, then adding R2 and L2 at the same time] and press Square.)

It just seems so up his alley. It's probably the most action-movie of the lot, it's got a bunch of cool Cold War intrigue, the entire game is spent messing around with an enormous toolkit in the most creative ways you can muster.

The only problem I forsee is that MGS3 has the most complex control scheme in the entire series. It took him nearly all of MGS1 just to get a grip on the controls for that game, I shudder to think how long it will be until he's able to effectively CQC. Or shoot a guy in first person down the barrel of a rifle by peeking up from behind cover (Which, for reference, requires you to hold down all four shoulder buttons [starting with R1, then adding L1, then adding R2 and L2 at the same time] and press Square.)

Luckily he'll have practice with MGS2.

Man, I'm so psyched for those parts.

Coonce

I know a lot of people hated the stamina/eating system but I loved it. That and the healing system, I was hoping to see it return in Phantom Pain but I don't think it made it.

Eating snakes
was so much fun.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys wasn't peace walker the game where you had to do some bullshit grinding to get the true ending? I remember something like that pulling me away from the game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I hope drew spend an entire episode in MGS2 shooting people in the balls.

One of my most memorable gaming moments is getting into a situation where I sit in a corner for 20 mins or so shooting a constant stream of guards in the balls.

jgminto

It isn't really any more complicated than 2.

I know a lot of people hated the stamina/eating system but I loved it. That and the healing system, I was hoping to see it return in Phantom Pain but I don't think it made it.

Eating snakes
was so much fun.

Stuff like capturing wildlife for food and finding awesome new camo patterns were some of the best parts of the game.

I just went back and played through Snake Eater last weekend, and having to pause and go to the menu to switch camo options is annoying, but the load times are fast enough that it's not totally off-putting. And yeah, Drew is going to fucking love the Cold War setting.

elfinke

Haha is that "!" over Drew's head new? I just noticed.

U79l3uL.jpg

Well done Dan, Drew and Jason, thanks!

It's weird that Jeff says Forza is more relevant than Gran Turismo. Even now the games still sell many times more than every Forza game. 70 million overall compared to 10. GT6 has only sold around 2.6 million so far but it was at the tail end of the generation and that is still nearly twice every other Forza game.

And Drive Club is an arcade racer, it's not really encroaching on GT at all so it's not weird for Sony to greenlight it. Suppose they've always been that way with GT on giantbomb though, either ignored or complained about with inaccurate information :p

Edit: And Dan's comments about the Assassin's Creed climbing are weird. It's literally the exact same system, and you jump in the wrong direction just as often. Mordor isn't nearly as smooth about navigating corners either, climbing just feels bad. Game is pretty great though, and thankfully you aren't climbing towers and such all that often like you are in AC.

Top Bottom