• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

I payed like $120 for the Calvin and Hobbes Complete collection. It consists of 3 books but it looks to be of similar quality and it didn't have any foldout pages.

Pretty fair for a coffee table book. Most good ones are £60-£200 (especially niche books which don't benefit from printing economies of scale).

I had enough of a problem spending £50 per textbook at uni, never mind that much for that shit.

I need to finally buy the missing cables for my Mega CD, anyway.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching that Far Cry quick look. I think Ubisoft has ruined collectibles for me, and I'm one of the 'get all the feathers/flags' type. It's just.. It's too much, and it's all at once. It's ridiculous, and it makes it real obvious that it's just padding the game with arbitrary content.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Jeff really likes the Substitute.

Jeff remembers all of the character names from the Substitute.

None of this should come as a surprise, but all of it still does.

hamchan

Watching that Far Cry quick look. I think Ubisoft has ruined collectibles for me, and I'm one of the 'get all the feathers/flags' type. It's just.. It's too much, and it's all at once. It's ridiculous, and it makes it real obvious that it's just padding the game with arbitrary content.

Brad actually says near the end of the QL: "it's not like they've been running this type of game into the ground every year or something yet".

They've released 4 of these Ubisoft Open World™ formula games just this year!

Brashnir

Brad actually says near the end of the QL: "it's not like they've been running this type of game into the ground every year or something yet".

They've released 4 of these Ubisoft Open World™ formula games just this year!

We've progressed from yearly franchise iteration to quarterly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like, I didn't think ACU was that bad from what I played... and then I got to the little cafe area part near the beginning, and it's like fucking slow down with all the information. Just stop. Instead of making me want to collect all of it you make it seem so endless that I don't want to pursue ANY of it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Like, I didn't think ACU was that bad from what I played... and then I got to the little cafe area part near the beginning, and it's like fucking slow down with all the information. Just stop. Instead of making me want to collect all of it you make it seem so endless that I don't want to pursue ANY of it.
I figured that out after AC2.

I feel any huge collectable quests should end in substantial rewards for the player which are crazy extras and not required for the core game, yet never seems to be the case any more. Farcry's particularly abhorrent in this regard because it hides basic quality of life features such as being able to carry more than 50 smg rounds at a time behind boring tasks such as the need to skin 4 boars and 12 meerkats.

To be honest I wish developers would focus on rewarding playing for exploring environments with unique content rather than with meaningless tokens. Things like finding the Crystal Skull Fridge in New Vegas was enjoyable and memorable where as finding a feather in Assassin's Creed is finding a fucking feather, I can't imagine the fridge was all that more difficult to put in the game.

sixghost

Patrick is just now realizing that the AC games have been the same exact gameplay in a different setting? With the exception of the boat stuff in 4, that series has never looked like anything but a carbon copy of the gameplay in Brotherhood. That game came out 4 years ago.

Patrick is just now realizing that the AC games have been the same exact gameplay in a different setting? With the exception of the boat stuff in 4, that series has never looked like anything but a carbon copy of the gameplay in Brotherhood. That game came out 4 years ago.

Why stop at brotherhood? It's not as if that one was much different from AC2.

Volotaire

I did the same with MGS2 at the start of the struts (heading to F instead of B). Although, my reasoning was to purposefully explore the limits instead.

fleck0

Far Cry 4 looks really fun, for a few hours at least. I worry I'll get bored of it like I did halfway through FC3. I thought the
Shangri-La
side-quest was pretty cool. I might end up getting this but I think I want to wait to hear Gaf's reactions after folks finish it.

Top Bottom