• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

rmanthorp

Sent the rollercoaster video around work today - it was amazing to see peoples reactions to Rollercoaster vs Giant Bomb! Hahah - people instantly understood what made the site so amazing. Thanks for the video Dan! :)

Curufinwe

Danny's explanation of added time was dumb. Time is not supposed to be added on for when the ball goes out of play, and the referee is keeping track of time with a watch.

In the NFL the ball is actually in play for about 11 minutes out of 60 because the clock keeps running between plays. And the game actually takes 3+ hours.

Mechazawa

First round of the game aside, I wish I was around for the chat for the second round of Avalon.

That Gamespot collusion was outta fucking nowhere.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I did a bad thing and looked at some of Mary's Twitter replies. I wanted to see just how creepy some of them were getting.

DO NOT DO THIS
YOU WILL BECOME UNCOMFORTABLE VERY QUICKLY

Myggen

I did a bad thing and looked at some of Mary's Twitter replies. I wanted to see just how creepy some of them were getting.

DO NOT DO THIS

That's the least surprising thing I've ever heard :p The Youtube comments on the videos she's in over at Gamespot are something else.

Haunted

Danny's explanation of added time was dumb. Time is not supposed to be added on for when the ball goes out of play, and the referee is keeping track of time with a watch.

In the NFL the ball is actually in play for about 11 minutes out of 60 because the clock keeps running between plays. And the game actually takes 3+ hours.
Danny also missed an opportunity not pushing the skill games - they are actually really good for a completely new player like Jeff, if not to familiarise himself with the rules (that knowledge has to come from outside the game at some point), but at least to learn the basic and advanced controls of the game. The skill games do a better job with that than free practice or him playing 5 games against Vinny where no one scores.

Of course, Danny might've simply judged Jeff to be a lost cause with his innate disinterest in football, so he didn't want to come across as evangelising or something. :D

daydream

Banned
"GBE Playdate" kinda sounds like a multiplayer proposition aka TNT but there's no multiplayer in SoM. Really stoked about a Beast pre-show becoming a regular thing now. <3

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

DO NOT DO THIS
What are you talking about?

Ah, with this picture now I get why you like pirates and pirate ships... cause baby, you've got quite the booty!

Pure shakespearean

Mary's twitter reply said:
*tries not to get aroused...*

*makes joke about girls grabbing a big piece of stiff wood instead*

l2sJi.gif

Yup, shouldn't have went and checked her replies out...

Salvadora

Just want to echo the praise for the 3DS rollercoaster video, was fantastic and I hope they do more stuff like that.

Dan is a wonderful addition to the site, and like some other people have said, I hope they somehow bring over Danny from Gamespot.

Cranzor

You guys are making me jealous! :( I'm out of town and waiting until I get home to watch the rollercoaster video. I feel left out.

Zaph

Twitter and youtube comments are cesspits. I have a genuine admiration for anyone willing to put themselves out there publicly.

Serra

I would have rather taken more QLs over this rollercoaster stuff. It was kinda lame.

I like the idea but the execution sucked, I didn't laugh once.

Oh god I really shouldn't have checked those messages to Mary.
"Cringe" is one of the most misused words on the internet, and has lost much of its meaning because of that. Everything is "cringeworthy".

Yup. Seeing that word get misused

makes

me

wince

Myggen

I would have rather taken more QLs over this rollercoaster stuff. It was kinda lame.

The filming took like half a day, and Drew started editing this week. So I don't think it's an either/or situation :)

daydream

Banned
Mary and Danny
(AVALON SPOILERS) were amazing together on the Avalon video. I rewatched it after knowing and I didn't spot any tells.

Yeah, Danny knocked it out of the park. Although with Dan having the completely wrong idea and Rorie's chaos alignment in full effect, the conditions were ideal to not have suspicion drawn to him even once.

convo

This happened like over a month ago. The impact this had on quick looks can only be inferred by supercomputers at this point. As if this is gonna be the beginning of Dans' escapades into the destruction of weekly quick looks at video games by the Giantbomb staff.

Zaph

Are there any rules for when the evil guys are allowed to guess Merlin? Seems unfair that once they've been sussed at the end, they're given a 25% chance to win. Maybe the accusation should be made before the end of the final round?

dvydra

Neo Member
Someone else than the guy who did the originals would have to do it, since he's said that he has no plans on doing it now (would feel compelled to redo the other portraits if he did Dan and Jason because his style has changed since he did those originally).

guys what if we started a patreon to get him to keep making them FOREVER.

ultron87

Are there any rules for when the evil guys are allowed to guess Merlin? Seems unfair that once they've been sussed at the end, they're given a 25% chance to win. Maybe the accusation should be made before the end of the final round?

They basically have to do it at the end because you obviously can't go "alright evil guys we don't know about, do a vote thing". I've never found the 25% chance thing to be a particularly big downer even if the evil team sometimes randomly does spike a win out of nowhere. Based on the way they talk you can usually pretty easily tell the difference between them randomly guessing and using the available evidence to suss out Merlin, and if they are just guessing randomly you shouldn't feel too bad about losing.

Dan rebelling against the theme while loving the game itself was pretty funny. We like to embrace it and tell little stories for the quests with dramatic reveals of each card in turn.

Scizzy

A quick question: I'm going on a long drive tomorrow and I was thinking of listening to the Avalon stream for part of it. Is it the kind of thing where video is necessary or is the audio enough to follow along?

Will M

A quick question: I'm going on a long drive tomorrow and I was thinking of listening to the Avalon stream for part of it. Is it the kind of thing where video is necessary or is the audio enough to follow along?

Yeah definitely watch it. You'll miss out on all their lying faces
except Dan.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

With video would be ideal, but I think you could get by with just the audio. You'll miss physical reactions and stuff.

tchocky

From Patrick's Twitter

"My Alien: Isolation review will go up on Monday. I’ve been playing it every night this week, but it’s longer than I expected. Almost done. It has some serious problems, issues exaggerated by its length, but it’s gorgeous, has scared me plenty, and there’s nothing else like it. People have been asking about a Spookin With Scoops episode with Alien, and we will probably do one with the DLC."

Top Bottom