• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Myggen

Yup I am pleased that this game has turned out great!

Yeah, I was super cynical about the nemesis system, just seemed like some PR bullshit that would get old after an hour or two. It's so exciting that the system seems to be actually what they promised, because that sounds pretty amazing.

so1337

Vinny is probably the coolest duder of all the gb duders. You could say he's pretty diesel.

You could say he's vin diesel.

iHabA1o3KWiuE.gif

Yeah, I was super cynical about the nemesis system, just seemed like some PR bullshit that would get old after an hour or two. It's so exciting that the system seems to be actually what they promised, because that sounds pretty amazing.

I totally agree! It was pretty reasonable to assume it was a very fill-in-the-blanks system.

Totally agree. Looks like alien isolation is imprressing people as well. Scoops is reviewing it isn't he?

popo

So, as we know, Jeff was out and apparently Brad was out sick mid week and we still got plenty of content this week. I think the guys have finally got enough staff to run a proper schedule.

Drew going to 'Nam will be the final test as Dan/Drew have been driving all the premium content recently.

Dany

Banned
So, as we know, Jeff was out and apparently Brad was out sick mid week and we still got plenty of content this week. I think the guys have finally got enough staff to run a proper schedule.

Drew going to 'Nam will be the final test as Dan/Drew have been driving all the premium content recently.

I hope he does another video about it. :D

Its nice to rewatch the NK video because of how crazy i forget it is. Like, this is a video game website talking about NK :p

Zaph

Premium content output will probably be fine, but the problem is Dan/Drew have become the top tier combo (replacing Jeff/Vinny) so quality might take a dive.

If they could grab Danny more often, I bet D/D/D could replace the previous god tier Dave/Vinny/Drew Flight Club.

I think people are forgetting the Dan and Jeff pairing, which is in fact better than Dan and Drew
Too similar in tastes. Turns into an echo chamber.

Premium content output will probably be fine, but the problem is Dan/Drew have become the top tier combo (replacing Jeff/Vinny) so quality might take a dive.

If they could grab Danny more often, I bet D/D/D could replace the previous god tier Dave/Vinny/Drew Flight Club.

Guy Fieri is going to sue this thread now.

The Jeff and Dan quicklook duo makes Dan more bearable but it surely makes a worse Jeff, imo. Jeff+Drew is the best pairing, Jeff is then less cynical and more open.

Dany

Banned
The Jeff and Dan quicklook duo makes Dan more bearable but it surely makes a worse Jeff, imo. Jeff+Drew is the best pairing, Jeff is then less cynical and more open.

Thats a great pairing because Drew is fighting an uphill battle mostly to get Jeff to give games the benefit of the doubts. I

hamchan

I barely remember what a Jeff + Drew pairing sounds like. All I remember is that Jeff sounded really impatient when Drew ran the QL. Also, I'd say Dan's presence elevates both Jeff and Drew. He has the knack to spout random conversation with both of them. Dan + Drew seemingly sustaining the majority of premium content these days, and I'm still not sick of it, is why I think they're currently the best pair.

Dany

Banned
More importantly, if you had to QL a game, who from the GB crew do you want to sit next you you?

Drew obv.

Myggen

Brad Nicholson.

After watching the D4 quick look and playing a bit myself ive decided to go back and watch the Vinny and Jeff Deadly Premonition Endurance Run.

Good choice. For as much as I like the game, I got more enjoyment out of watching them play it than actually playing it myself. Playing DP can be a chore at times.

After watching the D4 quick look and playing a bit myself ive decided to go back and rewatch the Vinny and Jeff Deadly Premonition Endurance Run.

I barely remember what a Jeff + Drew pairing sounds like. All I remember is that Jeff sounded really impatient when Drew ran the QL. Also, I'd say Dan's presence elevates both Jeff and Drew. He has the knack to spout random conversation with both of them. Dan + Drew seemingly sustaining the majority of premium content these days, and I'm still not sick of it, is why I think they're currently the best pair.

not alot of QL, that's true:

http://qlcrew.com/?q=&inc[]=0&inc[]=5&only=yes&platforms=any&length=0&maxlen=140&per_page=15

Vinny. It's been proven time and again that he has the ability to bring the best out of whoever he's around, and I'd probably need the help.

I don't know if I think Jeff is impatient as much as he has a sense of when someone is spending too much time farting around in menus instead of showing the game (coughbradcough).

OnlyWonderBoy

Neo Member
Meh, I think it's the funniest combo, which makes it the best in my book. I see your point though.

Anyways, Mario Party 2 Party this week? I can feel it in my bones!

Hmm, I should probably watch the first one considering it was one of the main reasons I signed up for premium.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

I remember watching that first walkthrough and thinking, "There's no fucking way they'll be able to pull this off." The fact that they seemingly did is pretty awesome.

I will say this, though: the Arkham Asylum comparisons seem a little hyperbolic to me. That game single-handedly changed third person combat in open world games. Don't foresee Mordor having that kind of impact even though the nemesis system sounds really cool.

Vinny would be my prefered choice to quick look with but I'd be happy with most of the crew. Only ones I wouldnt would be Rorie or Dan. Not a big fan of either.

Zaph

It would be Dan, but I'd replace myself with stevewinwood and they'd be playing DOTA on steve's account. Ranked match. Dan would be driving the QL. It would be glorious to watch.

Also, I've only ever playing MGS once at release, but the endurance run has me curious about Twin Snakes. So I got a (legally purchased!) version running in Dolphin. Having never really messed around with emulation, holy shit was I surprised about how good it could look. Revolver Ocelot time!

SlL1pV2.png

Tucah

you speak so well
Meh, I think it's the funniest combo, which makes it the best in my book. I see your point though.

Anyways, Mario Party 2 Party this week? I can feel it in my bones!

I'd say this week seems the most unlikely - there's already two livestreams planned, three if we assume UPF.

It would be Dan, but I'd replace myself with stevewinwood and they'd be playing DOTA on steve's account. Ranked match. Dan would be driving the QL. It would be glorious to watch.

Also, I've only ever playing MGS once at release, but the endurance run has me curious about Twin Snakes. So I got a (legally purchased!) version running in Dolphin. Having never really messed around with emulation, holy shit was I surprised about how good it could look. Revolver Ocelot time!

SlL1pV2.png

yeah, it's crazy how well Dolphin works compared to other emulators for 3d-based consoles. I think only PS1 emulators do a better job.

Top Bottom