• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Myggen

I'd say this week seems the most unlikely - there's already two livestreams planned, three if we assume UPF.

Yeah, you're probably right.

edit: Watching the 6180 the Moon QL now, great concept (and music) if a bit too minimalist for my taste.

It would be Dan, but I'd replace myself with stevewinwood and they'd be playing DOTA on steve's account. Ranked match. Dan would be driving the QL. It would be glorious to watch.

Also, I've only ever playing MGS once at release, but the endurance run has me curious about Twin Snakes. So I got a (legally purchased!) version running in Dolphin. Having never really messed around with emulation, holy shit was I surprised about how good it could look. Revolver Ocelot time!

SlL1pV2.png

They really should take a look at it at some point during this MGS series.

It would be Dan, but I'd replace myself with stevewinwood and they'd be playing DOTA on steve's account. Ranked match. Dan would be driving the QL. It would be glorious to watch.

Also, I've only ever playing MGS once at release, but the endurance run has me curious about Twin Snakes. So I got a (legally purchased!) version running in Dolphin. Having never really messed around with emulation, holy shit was I surprised about how good it could look. Revolver Ocelot time!

SlL1pV2.png

it would be my first ranked game :O

I remember watching that first walkthrough and thinking, "There's no fucking way they'll be able to pull this off." The fact that they seemingly did is pretty awesome.

I will say this, though: the Arkham Asylum comparisons seem a little hyperbolic to me. That game single-handedly changed third person combat in open world games. Don't foresee Mordor having that kind of impact even though the nemesis system sounds really cool.

Yeah, it sounded like a marketing gimmick first and a shadow of its touted self in-game, but yah, they musta had it up and running FIRST then shown it off as a major feature second.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Shame on everyone who was saying how "funny" Dan playing Dota 2 was on last week's UPF. The line between trolling and acting like a straight up asshole is not that fine, and he was clearly being the latter. I mean if he were doing it in a group game w/ other GB people I could maybe see it being entertaining. But since when is intentionally and maliciously ruining a game for other people funny?

Dan as dad has now been downgraded to black sheep uncle who is in prison serving 25 to life for murder
of a courier

Mr. F

Banned
Things were so crazy at work this week I didn't realize just how much content had come out in the last few days. Stoked for my GB Sunday catch-up marathon.

daydream

Banned
This Demo Derby has some baaaaad games. Late-era PS1, sheesh.

I'm still in the PS1 half (currently watching a behind-the-scenes video on the Grinch videogame, wat) but man, I skipped around a bit to see what games come up and they totally play the SSX demo I used to love so much.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I was going to skip Fifa this year, but watching this just makes me want to buy it. Arghh.

I've been playing 5 or 6 matches a day on the demo. I know if I buy it I'll only end up wasting hours playing ultimate team and getting angry.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
After seeing the op i checked some gamespot videos yesterday and the ad before each one is killing my soul, that shit sucks. Also some of the content was not very good....but mostly my biggest problem preventing me from getting too involved in that site (or any other site actually) is that i don't know who the fuck are the people running the site, i have been following GB since it started so i know exactly who they are. Familiarity helps a lot, these gamespot dudes may be assholes for all i know.

AcridMeat

Banned
Forgot about the new thread was wondering where it was in my subs. Heyyyyyyy
I really hope this is someone on the staff making a DJ Shadow reference.

I bought FIFA 15 on PC this year, first one since 10 and I'm mostly loving it. Pro Clubs is an amazing mode.

OnlyWonderBoy

Neo Member
Man, Demo Derby is really good. I mean, just conceptually it's a really good idea, but looking into the past and seeing these old games is just insane sometimes haha.

Jintor

I haven't seen any sub videos for our the months at this point. Have they played sheep wolf and dog on demo Derby yet?

NZNova

Dan's Platforming Noises (Fenix Rage) and Drew's Solid Snake Noises (Metal Gear Scanlon) are neck and neck for the Greatest Giant Bomb Noise trophy.

Lijik

Catching up on Demo Derby and I remember playing the demo for Mort the Chicken back in the day and having the same "What the hell is this?" reaction Dan did. Never saw the game itself on store shelves though

Stimpack

Catching up on Demo Derby and I remember playing the demo for Mort the Chicken back in the day and having the same "What the hell is this?" reaction Dan did. Never saw the game itself on store shelves though

I remembered playing it, but then as the demo went on I discovered that I actually owned that Demo disc and that's why it was all so familiar.

Top Bottom