• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the commentary guys always such assholes or was that just a bad day?

They are really fun announcers actually. Ryu is playing like he was decent at SF2, but hadn't played since then and only read about SF4. I imagine playing against him is kind of like playing the AI set to low because how random it is.

Zaph

Watching The Lobby, they've done a surprisingly decent job on the set and tone. GB might need to step it up with their studio.

Oh pish posh. It's funny. I mean, that Ryu player is having a blast!

A bunch of marketing materials doesn't make for a great set.

Pretty good way to contrast what makes GB special compared to other sites. They get that shit, too, but either just make fun of it or making the material their own (Cool Baby). Just unironically putting publisher shit in the background is pretty terrible, not far removed from those other people wearing the plastic Fallout Pip-Boys while podcasting.

Yeah, I mean, there's no Earnhardt Jr or Biden or nuffin'.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

That's probably the least bad commentary I've ever heard for a fighting game tournament. Fairly limited experience, but the previous high bar was "That annoying guy behind you that you wish would shut up at the arcade" level.

LiK

i've been sick and i watched all of Phantasmagoria: Puzzles of Flesh LP in a day. Holy shit, that last puzzle is fucking unbelievable.

ArjanN

I wonder what the crew thinks about this discussion.

If we don't count premium content they have made 41 videos + the podcasts every week this year. If we count the premium it goes up to 55.
Also 5 reviews.

Is that alot?
I don't know.

IMO not really relative to how many people they have.

popo

GS worked hard on that new set. Danny worked hard on the new format.

46 chatting 173 lurking on the main site, 183 watching on Twitch, 305 watching on youtube.

Zaph

46 chatting 173 lurking on the main site, 183 watching on Twitch, 305 watching on youtube.
It seems clear GS has found value in the The Lobby by serving it up piecemeal to their general audience. Probably no real point comparing it to GB's live/longform metrics.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

Maybe their stuff just doesn't do well live? It is earlier in the day, and Gamespot probably draws a different crowd.... idk. It's pretty depressing. I seriously think if Danny just did The Point and the stuff he does now at GS but on Giant Bomb he'd get a bigger audience. I'd be more likely to watch, for one thing.

Not really unless you include the fact that the game is launching fairly barebones, but we've known that way before launch.

Ah. See I haven't been following it at all, so learning how few game modes there are seemed crazy to me in a way reminiscent of Rock Band 4.

[EDIT] Wait, didn't Gamespot retract the parts of their story that said Gears 4 was coming to PC? And now Danny is saying it IS coming?

I'm going out on a limb and saying that we get our annual "E3 is only X months away" collective groans on the bombcast today (with E3 being only 4 months away.)

Ah. See I haven't been following it at all, so learning how few game modes there are seemed crazy to me in a way reminiscent of Rock Band 4.

Yup. We've known for months that the game is barebones at launch with a continous release of free updates and characters earnable with in game currency, so its going for the Splatoon model with it's content. The problem is that when you combine it's barebones nature atm with the fact that half the features don't work with the server issues and it gets real bad in terms of what players can do right now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm going out on a limb and saying that we get our annual "E3 is only X months away" collective groans on the bombcast today (with E3 being only 4 months away.)

Look man, the older you get the more you notice the milestones that marks your path to your eventual death.

Yup. We've known for months that the game is barebones at launch with a continous release of free updates and characters earnable with in game currency, so its going for the Splatoon model with it's content. The problem is that when you combine it's barebones nature atm with the fact that half the features don't work with the server issues and it gets real bad in terms of what players can do right now.

What a bummer for Street Fighter fans.

Bowlie

Banned
Ehhhhhhh Hitman and Metal Gear are so, so different, as are the Brad/Dan and Drew/Dan pairs. It'd be less teacher/student and more two equals trying to pick apart a puzzle (and tripping up a million times along the way).

I always treated Hitman games as purely puzzle games, very different from MGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom