• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomberOwl

There is exactly one piece of that Season Pass that looks like it's worth a shit.

Yeah the Far Harbor one sounds good. I just hope they don't do the dumb ass side with this faction and lock out a tone of quests garbage like the main game. I hope your just able to do what you want with worrying about pissing off a faction. I don't want to have a fucking wiki open while I'm trying to get engrossed in the game.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
only one DLC was outright terrible and that's mothership zeta. the rest range from alright (anchorage) to pretty decent (the rest).

Plus, thanks to broken steel they went back and fixed that stupid as fuck ending so it deserves a gold medal as far as im concerned

Saying it fixed the ending is a stretch too. It made it somewhat less awful. The ending for the DLC itself wasn't all that good, which is basically the game's new ending. And the original ending still had dozens of problems that weren't related to the one stupid choice with the mutant.

Wasn't that even still stupid after the DLC? It's considered evil to send the immune mutant into the radiation room?

Well, that incoming price hike made me buy the season pass. No way in hell I am paying the $60-80 CAD price for Fallout DLC. Here's hoping it's ok!

Far Harbor better be fan-fucking-tastic for the $25 asking price. As cool as it is to get more Nick Valentine that seems insane for a single piece of DLC.

Saying it fixed the ending is a stretch too. It made it somewhat less awful. The ending for the DLC itself wasn't all that good, which is basically the game's new ending. And the original ending still had dozens of problems that weren't related to the one stupid choice with the mutant.

Wasn't that even still stupid after the DLC? It's considered evil to send the immune mutant into the radiation room?

yeah, it fixed one of the most glaringly awful parts of the ending but, really, the whole story is a mess. Just that it took it from "are you fucking serious" to "okay well at least this kinda makes sense."

But yeah, no one has ever said that Bethesda knows how to handle storytelling very well. Then new vegas comes along and really dumps a heavy shit on FO3 so much so that i have zero urge to play FO4, at least not until another year or two passes and i can get it for steam trading card money

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
SFV seems like a bad situation online right now, Between this and Champion Lupe, Jason better get that 1 star icon ready.

God I hope its Mary or Danny. Someone who doesn't apologize for talking on a podcast after they make a comment or state their input.

Anyway if GB every did a video podcast I think it would be super dope if it was like the GI podcast. They sit around a table on a cool set.

tumblr_o2nco16vPb1snzd9ho1_1280.png

Ummm what? Where's CM Punk? Where's Sheldon?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I actually liked Anchorage on a conceptual level. It was interesting to see them experiment with a super linear campaign. Didn't exactly work out, but it was nice that they tried it.

Linear campaign in a Fallout game is the kind of shit you try in a dark closet and never tell anybody about, not the kind of thing you charge people money to play.

Like "Hey boss, I decided to make a linear Fallout campaign", "Thanks, we had a round of layoffs coming up anyway, good job being a team player" kind of bad.

Lunar FC

God I hope its Mary or Danny. Someone who doesn't apologize for talking on a podcast after they make a comment or state their input.

Anyway if GB every did a video podcast I think it would be super dope if it was like the GI podcast. They sit around a table on a cool set.

And who does this?

Also, that's not a cool set.

GB West seems to be struggling to find continuous content that lasts more than a week or two, which is strange because how many long games have come out at the end of last year and at the beginning of this year.

At the end of the day, you just want to see the GB guys play a game while shooting the shit, but unfortunately it brings up the dreaded phrase "Endurance Run".

But seriously, why can't they play x-com 2, or fallout 4, or even bring back dota. Pick a schedule and stick with it, like, you know, like any other service that offers a subscription. But the key is to not burn yourself out like MGScanlon. Once a week, or hell once every two weeks is good enough for me, but stick with it.

Once the servers are fixed, Jason should start up a 1 hour weekly Street Fighter V show. It's getting increasing more difficult to justify my subscription, and yes I'm aware of the issues with the new studio. But there are so many jury-rigged ways to get a game on stream now between built in console streaming features and X-Split/OBS on PC, that I can't help but be suspicious about what they're doing with their time.

GBwests weekly premium series should just be Demo Derby, the format works well and it's varied enough for it to last for sometime. I really don't want them to just play new releases, especially when most of them would be boring to watch.

Still waiting for Salt & Sanctuary. I remember that Quick Look EX.

No Gravity Rush Quick Look, and I doubt that we'll get one for Project X Zone 2. I wonder if we're getting a Fire Emblem Fates Quick Look.

daydream

Banned
despite having wifi back, the thread might be another mobile affair this week 'cause i'll be out and about

will def put it up, though

-----

catching up on content and the arslan ql was fun

Still waiting for Salt & Sanctuary. I remember that Quick Look EX.

No Gravity Rush Quick Look, and I doubt that we'll get one for Project X Zone 2. I wonder if we're getting a Fire Emblem Fates Quick Look.
Dan seems to like Fire Emblem enough that he'd do a Fates Quick Look, but if not if GB East has a 3DS capture kit I bet Austin will. I'd kind of rather see Austin do it ,not that I need convincing, but Dan is probably going to be weird about the animeness of it.

Martal

Neo Member
GB West seems to be struggling to find continuous content that lasts more than a week or two, which is strange because how many long games have come out at the end of last year and at the beginning of this year.

At the end of the day, you just want to see the GB guys play a game while shooting the shit, but unfortunately it brings up the dreaded phrase "Endurance Run".

But seriously, why can't they play x-com 2, or fallout 4, or even bring back dota. Pick a schedule and stick with it, like, you know, like any other service that offers a subscription. But the key is to not burn yourself out like MGScanlon. Once a week, or hell once every two weeks is good enough for me, but stick with it.

Once the servers are fixed, Jason should start up a 1 hour weekly Street Fighter V show. It's getting increasing more difficult to justify my subscription, and yes I'm aware of the issues with the new studio. But there are so many jury-rigged ways to get a game on stream now between built in console streaming features and X-Split/OBS on PC, that I can't help but be suspicious about what they're doing with their time.

Im sad to say that I agree. The only issue with giant bomb that I have is the lack of guaranteed content. I know that most of us can probably predict some lulls (round E3, end of the year) and/or highs but itnhard to plan the subscription around that.

Wunder

I would love a weekly show thats just them picking a random game or boardgame someone sent in and checking it out

oh man as much as I would love a regular Unplugged, showing off a boardgame that no one has played before is a recipe for disaster.

I agree that gb west seems to be spinning their wheels. UPF is just a stagnant show at this point, and I wouldn't mind them scrapping it for something new on Friday

oti

Banned
Surely this can't be the entire Season Pass?

???

Doesn't Season Pass include ALL future content? I'd guess they already have some minor updates in the works and will start/continue working on a second big extension if the sales are where they need to be.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

tumblr_o2nco16vPb1snzd9ho1_1280.png

ugh, that set screams "we're gamers, lets game!". I feel like the duders would be above that if not only for tongue and cheek reasons they would do it.

Zaph

ugh, that set screams "we're gamers, lets game!". I feel like the duders would be above that if not only for tongue and cheek reasons they would do it.

Seems fitting a magazine owned by a retailer is surrounded by shop floor displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom