• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a bummer for Street Fighter fans.

Depends on the kind of fan you are. If you're very casual and like to futz around against the CPU with no online, then yeah it sucks ass. If you've got a bunch of friends you can play with either online or in person, or you're the kind of person who obsesses over frame data, then it's probably launching with everything you need.

The servers being down certainly hurt it, but it's not like it was a surprise. Seems to happen with every popular online launch.

No_Style

I would love to see how the Beast crew react to Scott Manley's rescue. Picturing Alex just throwing stuff into the air and walking off set at one point.

considering how barebones it is right now at launch, that would not surprise me.

I wonder if any sites will hold off on a review until the story mode hits. Capcom said that wasn't coming until Summer, right? I wonder if any reviewers reviewing the game right now will take that into consideration. I don't know what would've been better for Capom: Delaying the game for a fuller product (and a better chance for higher reviews), or do as they did and release the core game for the fighting community and then bring out the story mode later.

I would love to see how the Beast crew react to Scott Manley's rescue. Picturing Alex just throwing stuff into the air and walking off set at one point.
I really hope that once they deal with the kerbals their way they do an episode where they watch Scott's rescue, the reactions should be great.

I wonder if any sites will hold off on a review until the story mode hits. Capcom said that wasn't coming until Summer, right? I wonder if any reviewers reviewing the game right now will take that into consideration. I don't know what would've been better for Capom: Delaying the game for a fuller product (and a better chance for higher reviews), or do as they did and release the core game for the fighting community and then bring out the story mode later.

Nah this is probably the better move. Release the game now before the fiscal year ends and so the Capcom Pro Tour can start this year instead of having to wait until the next year. No one, especially Capcom, wants more SF4 at tourneys.

Depends on the kind of fan you are. If you're very casual and like to futz around against the CPU with no online, then yeah it sucks ass. If you've got a bunch of friends you can play with either online or in person, or you're the kind of person who obsesses over frame data, then it's probably launching with everything you need.

The servers being down certainly hurt it, but it's not like it was a surprise. Seems to happen with every popular online launch.

Pretty much this. I think Capcom could've done a better job preparing for the launch with an open beta but hopefully everything is sorted out very soon.

Has that 2/16/16 4:00 PM PST Street Fighter V Quick Look live always been on the schedule?

Well if i can't play it i might as well watch it!

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
No one, especially Capcom, wants more SF4 at tourneys.

I am pretty sure there are lots of FGC members who DO absolutely want more SF4 at tourneys. People who played and love that game would be very happy to see it at EVO and other majors. The game is finally mature, and now it has to be resigned to the dumpster? Makes no sense.

Capcom might not want SF4 there (C.R.E.A.M.), but lots of people do. What Capcom wants doesn't need to line up with what people want, as long as both can profit from it.

I am pretty sure there are lots of FGC members who DO absolutely want more SF4 at tourneys. People who played and love that game would be very happy to see it at EVO and other majors. The game is finally mature, and now it has to be resigned to the dumpster? Makes no sense.

I think there's certainly a core of people who want to see SF4 on the mainstage because they really like it, including myself. I should probably rephrase that and say, no one wants to see SF4 be the headliner anymore.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The worst thing about SFV for me right now is that I need to beat 50 matches in hard survival mode twice to unlock the color I want for Karin.

That's like 90 minutes if I don't die. Who came up with that crap?

The worst thing about SFV for me right now is that I need to beat 50 matches in hard survival mode twice to unlock the color I want for Karin.

The same people you'll give money to when you realize this isn't worth the effort.

Nah this is probably the better move. Release the game now before the fiscal year ends and so the Capcom Pro Tour can start this year instead of having to wait until the next year. No one, especially Capcom, wants more SF4 at tourneys.

Pretty much this. I think Capcom could've done a better job preparing for the launch with an open beta but hopefully everything is sorted out very soon.

Well if i can't play it i might as well watch it!

It makes sense. Also continuing on what I was saying about the announced story content, I think many current review models need a vast overhaul. A lot of the issues reviewers seem to have with the game (online issues, lack of content/value) are things that will clearly be fixed. I honestly think places that continue to stick numbers/ratings on reviews should seriously considering putting provisional scores on many games that will almost certainly be improved over time.

omgkitty

Or if you don't get disconnected from the server either. Single player modes should NEVER be attached to online unless absolutely necessary.

Frenden

Banned
I'm not filthy rich or anything, trust me, but I would rather spend a few bucks on a new costume than waste three hours trying to unlock it. And, assuming that SFV lasts an entire gen as has been hinted at, a few bucks for a character or costume that you'll use for years ain't much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom