• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
Just noticed that a couple of Merry indie-LPs went up on that missclicks channel.

Kish vs Soma sounds great (2 parts that I can see), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B-xDzhwqDQ, plus Kish playing agar.io (that addictive little browser game with the circles eating each other from, like, a year ago, which, I recently realised, is now super fucking popular with 10 year olds).

almost forgot about this series, definitely need to watch the polybridge one

Megasoum

Banned
I really don't get their obsession of not being able to drive from cockpit view without the Track IR... It might not be idea but it's still 100x time better than outside views.

FluxWaveZ

I'm a little bit behind now and I just heard about the multiplayer, the idea of a server where people role play as truckers is amazing.

Yeah, they talked about it on the latest Beastcast. Apparently taken very seriously, and you'll get banned for breaking relatively small rules.

yami4ct

My normal non cool guy edition still hasn't updated.

Well, mine officially just shipped ... via USPS.

Dammit. That basically guarantees it's a bubble envelope. Glad I'm not super picky about box condition. Also, USPS is rarely on time in my experience. Have a feeling I won't get the promised release date delivery.

Tubobutts

I've skimmed over some of the articles but I haven't listened to any of the introduction podcasts and don't plan to. I hope it works out for them, but it's not something I'm interested in.

Well, mine officially just shipped ... via USPS.

Dammit. That basically guarantees it's a bubble envelope. Glad I'm not super picky about box condition. Also, USPS is rarely on time in my experience. Have a feeling I won't get the promised release date delivery.
Mine still just says "Pre-ordered" with the expected delivery date of Friday.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Nope. But I to felt a little bad when Austin was plugging them at the end of the last Beastcast.

I'm not opposed to them or anything but I was hoping for something a bit more....meaty I guess? I'd love to read an article about the development of a game (though obviously those are way harder) but "Let's talk about touching anime faces" or "Hey, this Dragon Age DLC is kinda good?" just isn't interesting to me. The one about labor conditions was the only one remotely interesting for me so far.

I listen to the podcast and mostly skim the articles. I've honestly found the podcasts more interesting. The articles are fine, just none have really been my kind of thing.

Zaph

no

let me be the bad person here and pose a question:

who goes to GB for editorial

Yup

Some people seem to be enjoying them, so great, but if it isn't actual reporting, or some inside-industry dirt, I just don't want to know. Most editorial reads like blog pieces anyway - I just don't think games themselves warrant it yet.

yami4ct

I've skimmed over some of the articles but I haven't listened to any of the introduction podcasts and don't plan to. I hope it works out for them, but it's not something I'm interested in.

Mine still just says "Pre-ordered" with the expected delivery date of Friday.

Amazon tends to stock enough regular editions of games that they can put them in a bunch of warehouses. They likely haven't shipped to you yet because there is one close enough that they don't have to. For special editions, they can be congregated in just a few, so they might have to travel further.

Tubobutts

Amazon tends to stock enough regular editions of games that they can put them in a bunch of warehouses. They likely haven't shipped to you yet because there is one close enough that they don't have to. For special editions, they can be congregated in just a few, so they might have to travel further.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm close to a warehouse since I've had things shipped in one day even with two day shipping. I was just kind of hoping they might mess up and I'd get it tomorrow.

bigkrev

My Fire Emblem Special Edition from Amazon finally moved from 'Shipping Today' to 'Preparing for Shipment'.

Is it happening finally? It looks like it might be happening.

My Best Buy copy of the SE hasn't been updated since November.
And my brother STILL doesn't have his copy of Street Fighter V I ordered for him from their website. They finally posted a tracking number on their website this afternoon for that, which just says "electronic info recieved" when you check it.

I've been buying games from Best Buy's website for close to 2 years now (since GCU became a thing), and never had it miss release date delivery. I'm getting really worried.

Just finished reading Janine's article and it's probably my favourite of the bunch so far, it's certainly refreshing seeing someone actually explain why they would be bummed about the face touching stuff being removed from FE instead of just whining about it.

My Best Buy copy of the SE hasn't been updated since November.
And my brother STILL doesn't have his copy of Street Fighter V I ordered for him from their website. They finally posted a tracking number on their website this afternoon for that, which just says "electronic info recieved" when you check it.

I've been buying games from Best Buy's website for close to 2 years now (since GCU became a thing), and never had it miss release date delivery. I'm getting really worried.

Your Best Buy doesn't have it available for pick up? I'm picking mine up on Friday from the store.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just finished reading Janine's article and it's probably my favourite of the bunch so far, it's certainly refreshing seeing someone actually explain why they would be bummed about the face touching stuff being removed from FE instead of just whining about it.

Though really.

It's a pretty weird relationship where the ultimate sign of affection is that you can pet their head.

Not that head petting can't be part of a healthy relationship. I'm not here to head pet shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom