• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the last fight of EU was comically easy if you had an Archangel Sniper since there was only one enemy that you needed to kill and he was chilling on an exposed platform in the middle of the room. XCOM 2's finale is considerably more difficult.

The final room of EU is way easier, but I think mission as a whole harder than XCOM 2's. In EU there's a few pretty dangerous choke points that if you don't set up right are going cause you a lot of grief. It's incredibly easy on that mission to walk into a room and have a pair sections wipe out your whole squad at once In contrast with XCOM 2 it's possible to skip some some pods on the way there and with exception of one pod they are all pretty easily manageable even if they get the jump on you. The trick is just to make sure to save any single use abilities or items you have for the last room and have all the cool downs recharged. There's no real urgency to that last level if you have a ranger with concealment it's pretty to send them up ahead scouting for pods and then rolling up on them and wiping them out in a single turn. I also think grenadiers with shredder and all the other perks in explosives is really in that last room. If the game decides to give you an especially nasty pod in that last room having grenadier able to use their explosives twice in one turn, and even three times if you have a psi soldier with inspire, is a great oh shit button. Also feel free to be a little wreck less if you can sacrifice a squaddie to give yourself room to tackle the objective do it.

hamchan

Truck QL was pretty amazing.

I totally rewinded to see where the track IR went. It went to the right and behind Vinny/Alex.

The final room of EU is way easier, but I think mission as a whole harder than XCOM 2's. In EU there's a few pretty dangerous choke points that if you don't set up right are going cause you a lot of grief. It's incredibly easy on that mission to walk into a room and have a pair sections wipe out your whole squad at once In contrast with XCOM 2 it's possible to skip some some pods on the way there and with exception of one pod they are all pretty easily manageable even if they get the jump on you. The trick is just to make sure to save any single use abilities or items you have for the last room and have all the cool downs recharged. There's no real urgency to that last level if you have a ranger with concealment it's pretty to send them up ahead scouting for pods and then rolling up on them and wiping them out in a single turn. I also think grenadiers with shredder and all the other perks in explosives is really in that last room. If the game decides to give you an especially nasty pod in that last room having grenadier able to use their explosives twice in one turn, and even three times if you have a psi soldier with inspire, is a great oh shit button. Also feel free to be a little wreck less if you can sacrifice a squaddie to give yourself room to tackle the objective do it.

Oh yeah, up until that last room the final mission was fairly straightforward, especially since (at least on veteran) the
's mindcontrol ability seemed to be a guaranteed 100% for everything. So you could hijack a Gatekeeper, blast the hell out of everyone, and then exploit its explosion-on-death ability by sending it right into the middle of a crowd to finish them off. I regretted wasting most of my grenades on the easy parts earlier in the mission once I ran into that final slaughterhouse.

I kind of stalled out on The Witness and am nowhere near finishing it but am going to watch the video anyway. Maybe (hopefully) it'll spark up some interest in getting back to it. I'm not worried about spoilers.

I'm still making my way through The Witness. I just don't have time to play during the week. Last weekend I activated 2 of the beacons bringing me up to 4, but I don't know how long it's going to take me to finis the game. I've been trying to just do the required puzzles.

tesqui

Decided to glance at the Youtube comments for the Witness video. That was a huge mistake. Never understood what makes Giant Bomb's Youtube account so susceptible to horrible people.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to glance at the Youtube comments for the Witness video. That was a huge mistake. Never understood what makes Giant Bomb's Youtube account so susceptible to horrible people.
Image a forum where every user got banned on GAF before

Pretty mich exists on reddit

Witness video is very interesting listening, but Brad is doing fuck all in the game and that's kinda driving me silly. Why not make it a podcast if you're not actually showing anything?

Witness video is very interesting listening, but Brad is doing fuck all in the game and that's kinda driving me silly. Why not make it a podcast if you're not actually showing anything?

Yeah, just got done with the part where as they're talking for 10 minutes he's just spinning around in a blue/green room aimlessly.

Frith

this witness video is brilliant

actual insight from people in the industry, i've watched a lot of j blow interviews over the last few weeks and he's consistently interesting and insightful.

i hope the new articles can be a little less "new voices" and more people who have actual insight because there's an abundance of "outsiders looking in" (as in journos who don't truly know about making games or art) content around games.
all of the best gb content is them (which is interesting because i've grown know them) or when they get dev's to open up about why they do things.

i have everything crossed that gdc is a big mark on there calender this year, the old messy gdc streams are the best videos on the site.

edit: sorry for caps but it should be clear for scrollers DONT WATCH THE VIDEO TILL YOU ARE DONE they show the full endgame

Tubobutts

Hey I've got a weird question. Did Jonathan Blow ever have a mullet? In my head he had one of those bald mullet things, and then looking at the video he doesn't.

Also glasses.

I got far enough to unlock the final area but didn't finish everything, kind of froze because I didn't know what I wanted to do, and stopped playing the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom