• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

santeesioux

Danganronpa just came out on Steam with a 20% discount. Worth it for the discount even though I probably won't be able to get to it for quite a while?

Danganronpa just came out on Steam with a 20% discount. Worth it for the discount even though I probably won't be able to get to it for quite a while?
If quite a while is around the next steam summer sale then it's probably worth waiting as it will likely get a discount again in the summer sale.

Doop

I haven't beaten The Witness, and I'm really interested to see where the story goes. The problem is that I'm not sure I can dedicate the time to beating it, because I'm REALLY bad at solving some of these puzzles. I had to look up the solution to a puzzle because I didn't completely understand the mechanic, and I'm worried that I won't have the self control to stop myself from doing it again. Should I watch the new video they have with J. Blow?

santeesioux

If quite a while is around the next steam summer sale then it's probably worth waiting as it will likely get a discount again in the summer sale.

Probably however long it will take to play all of the Fire Emblem versions, and both of the Bayonetta games, and maybe even the Pc version of Final Fantasy 9 if it ever comes out, so probably summer.

hm well, only you know how much you wanna play the game

I know I would like to play this game--since I can't think of a "good" digimon game--unless there are some problems that would dissuade me otherwise.

the glaring issues are the repetitive nature of, well, everything - you backtrack back and forth through the same environments over and over, you have to grind a lot if you wanna evolve your mons and unlock hacking abilities which are dependent on what mons you have, the localisation is utterly poor (e.g. the in-game fake chat called 'digiline' doesn't make sense half of the time, the replies don't line up with the questions, etc.), the tutorialising is rudimentary at best (i.e. a lot of stuff isn't explained; it's not the most system-heavy game but you will have to look some stuff up)

Like all of that... I know I could probably handle the grind as I'm one of those insane people who makes sure all their pokemon are at the same level before moving on from an area, but the rest of that isn't super great.

also, you're pretty much like me in terms of affection for the early seasons. you can roll with some classic mons, for sure. i got one in my party atm i have never seen in my life before, though, and it's from data squad so be prepared to just not care about some of the mons

Well I know Omnimon is in it and, well, what else do you need?

I'll probably wait a bit though. As much as I like the style from what I've seen, it's not worth it if it becomes frustrating and repetitive.

jaina

you think a german pokemon has a german accent or do pokemon just sound the same regardless of the region they grew up in?
it's hard to find out a pokémon amiibo's origin. the boxes are all the same for PAL. I noticed yesterday when checking the back of my unopened Splatoon amiibos.

maybe Dan can get this Greninja to talk, and we'll find out.

TraBuch

Banned
Watching that video with Jonathan Blow and Brad mentioned Ryan and I was suddenly just really bummed out. All I could think was "Really wish he was here to play the finished product..."

daydream

Banned
you think a german pokemon has a german accent or do pokemon just sound the same regardless of the region they grew up in?

the names are different in german but the pokemon don't sound particularly german if you're asking that

Probably however long it will take to play all of the Fire Emblem versions, and both of the Bayonetta games, and maybe even the Pc version of Final Fantasy 9 if it ever comes out, so probably summer.

or you could continue playing good games after you're done with all of those

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cities Skylines has become the 'I don't care what it is, there's new dlc I'll instantly buy it' game for me.

I think American Truck Simulator will become that eventually too

Bowlie

Banned
I haven't beaten The Witness, and I'm really interested to see where the story goes. The problem is that I'm not sure I can dedicate the time to beating it, because I'm REALLY bad at solving some of these puzzles. I had to look up the solution to a puzzle because I didn't completely understand the mechanic, and I'm worried that I won't have the self control to stop myself from doing it again. Should I watch the new video they have with J. Blow?

They talk about almost every puzzle mechanic in the video, and show every area in the island, including the post-game one, except for one small area (a room, actually) that you'll probably encounter mid-game.

I think if you enjoyed being surprised by the game it's not worth it. Look up the solutions if you need to (I saw every solution for the color puzzles), and play the game on your own before watching.

Of course he's happy, he just got married.

My working theory that Myggen is actually just Jeff continues. MonsterDunk was a red herring.

watch as he remains silent

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

No. but divest yourself of the idea that there is a story with a "payoff". The game is puzzles. The reward for solving puzzles is more puzzles.

MG310

This time next year, Dan funds his Wrestlemania trip by selling 20 of the then long out of production Greninja Amiibos.

Lunar FC

You guys think the idea of GB being cynical for not being interested in those three games at e3 will ever stop?

No. I also wouldn't worry about such things either.

The Gametrailers people were hyped for all of it and look what happened to them.

2537625-vinnygoofin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom