• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can barely be assed to care about new game announcements these days, the last time i kinda got hyped for a game was MGSV but that was mostly because I wanted to not get spoiled on it.

Otherwise, meh. I have a huge backlog, i can't even get hyped for new shit these days when i have so many old games i still want to play through. Just stopped buying games for a while until i clear most of it up

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Personally I thought giantbomb fans shitting on the game trailers peeps when that happened to be waaaaaaaaay dumber.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Personally I thought giantbomb fans shitting on the game trailers peeps when that happened to be waaaaaaaaay dumber.

Personally I thought the whole thing was super dumb on every single account. Dude who loves Shenmue get's excited for Shenmue, dudes who don't care about Shenmue don't get excited about Shenmue.
Nothing about this feels off.

Myggen

Personally I thought the whole thing was super dumb on every single account. Dude who loves Shenmue get's excited for Shenmue, dudes who don't care about Shenmue don't get excited about Shenmue.
Nothing about this feels off.

Truth. That a non-controversy like that is what almost got this thread locked for a while was so fucking stupid. For our part it made GB fans on GAF look petty.

pizzacat

Banned
Truth. That a non-controversy like that is what almost got this thread locked for a while was so fucking stupid. For our part it made GB fans on GAF look petty.
Ahh didn't know that, my bad. I just found it strange from looking at the gaming board

This is an aside, but I wish E3 meant, hey, these game will be out before next E3. It happens from time to time. This year's E3 it's, you know, we'll see that new Zelda again. We'll see Horizon again. We'll see Scalebound again. We'll see the Ubisoft cocaine game again. Or we won't. Or it will be a totally different game. Ubisoft is strange.

Renpatsu

Yeah, real lame when some fans take it upon themselves to brigade threads where there is even the slightest hint of GB criticism.

the best thing to come out of that controversy is that now anytime GB reviews something there are at least half a dozen folks immediately dismissive of them, regardless of the content of the reviews.

I just love seeing how salty some people get over nothing

Myggen

the best thing to come out of that controversy is that now anytime GB reviews something there are at least half a dozen folks immediately dismissive of them, regardless of the content of the reviews.

I just love seeing how salty some people get over nothing

I think it's that way with pretty much every reviewer and/or site that has a history. Jeff went from having a Playstation bias during the PS2 era to a Xbox bias during the 360 era to ??? during this era. Every single time IGN reviews something someone posts that fucking God Hand review, or the "it's almost too good" meme picture. If Justin McElroy says or reviews something you sure as shit will find the Skyrim gif being thrown around etc. etc. Few people hold grudges over nothing like gamers.

I think it's that way with pretty much every reviewer and/or site that has a history. Jeff went from having a Playstation bias during the PS2 era to a Xbox bias during the 360 era to ??? during this era. Every single time IGN reviews something someone posts that fucking God Hand review, or the "it's almost too good" meme picture etc. etc.

Then you had that Rooster Teeth thing where they called out Jeff's Fallout 4 review saying he gave it a low score so people could see how serious his issues with the game were. A: 4/5 is not a low score (he, for good reason, gave the console versions a 3/5) and B: Rooster Teeth had a marketing deal with Bethesda. They were all wearing the freaking Pip Boys that Bethesda gave them! So frustrating!

Lunar FC

Then you had that Rooster Teeth thing where they called out Jeff's Fallout 4 review saying he gave it a low score so people could see how serious his issues with the game were. A: 4/5 is not a low score (he, for good reason, gave the console versions a 3/5) and B: Rooster Teeth had a marketing deal with Bethesda. They were all wearing the freaking Pip Boys that Bethesda gave them! So frustrating!

I tried to avoid that whole thing for good reason. But isn't that basically why all reviewers give a low score for?

I think it's that way with pretty much every reviewer and/or site that has a history. Jeff went from having a Playstation bias during the PS2 era to a Xbox bias during the 360 era to ??? during this era. Every single time IGN reviews something someone posts that fucking God Hand review, or the "it's almost too good" meme picture. If Justin McElroy says or reviews something you sure as shit will find the Skyrim gif being thrown around etc. etc. Few people hold grudges over nothing like gamers.

yeah but you forget how bad the review stuff got after Jeff's Drive Club review. That was a fun time.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
That Witness video was fantastic. I wish more devs would speak so openly about their game and the process of making it, but I understand why they don't

Myggen

That Witness video was fantastic. I wish more devs would speak so openly about their game and the process of making it, but I understand why they don't

Made me look forward to the GDC after hours show even more.

I also need to go back to that E3 panel with Blow and that Microsoft guy. Blow didn't give a fuck on that panel IIRC.

justjim89

Can I admit something to y'all?

I was being salty as fuck at Jeff over his Twilight Princess review.

On GameFAQs.

That day the picture is from.

I've always thought it'd be kinda funny if I ever get to a panel or something to tell Jeff I'm sorry for all that. Maybe offer him a free hit.

Bowlie

Banned
I'm still imagining how a puzzle made only for colorblind people would be. I know that there are those circles composed of smaller circles that show a number and I can't see them.

I wonder if there's a way to do an "inverse" circle, that does not show a number for normal people.

Myggen

Why did everyone hate JBlow? He seems pretty cool.

He's a guy with really strong opinions about game design, who can come off as a bit dismissive about other games. When he's doing longform stuff like this and is allowed to really put things in context I don't think he ever does, he's a really nuanced guy, but he's the type of guy who can be made to sound really dismissive when edited or only giving short answers. Part of it is also him being the face of indie games, and a lot of people hating indie games and finding him "pretentious" because of it.

Can I admit something to y'all?

I was being salty as fuck at Jeff over his Twilight Princess review.

On GameFAQs.

That day the picture is from.

I've always thought it'd be kinda funny if I ever get to a panel or something to tell Jeff I'm sorry for all that. Maybe offer him a free hit.

Shit jim

whats your user name on GFaqs

LiK

I think Blow did an interview way back during Braid days and people thought he sounded like an asshole so people ended up having this really weird perception of him.

Anjin M

Made me look forward to the GDC after hours show even more.

I also need to go back to that E3 panel with Blow and that Microsoft guy. Blow didn't give a fuck on that panel IIRC.
I remember that E3 panel being really special. Blow is fascinating to listen to. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to watch this new video yet or keep playing first.

In other news, the ATS QL left me not wanting to buy that game. It looks fun enough, but I can't handle the distorted California. Replacing the Grapevine with a tunnel was the final straw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom