• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus christ why was 8.8 bad for TP?

Yeah I'm being the GB newbie here. I remember reading about it but not really why it caused such an uproar.

it came at a time where zelda fans were literally crying at the e3 reveal of twilight princess.

so yeah. People thought TP was going to be the REAL sequel to their favoritetest game ever, the ocarina of time, especially after having to play that kiddie crap CELDA.

so to have their beloved OoT 2.0 not get an 11/10 was simply unacceptable. Mind you, the controversy over 8.8 happened before anyone outside the press had actually played the game

them were dark times, glitches

if you want to read more, here ya go

edit: aw man, some of the screenshots are busted at that link. what a shame : /

I tried to avoid that whole thing for good reason. But isn't that basically why all reviewers give a low score for?

I probably should've elaborated. They were talking about how they believe there are people give very low scores to typically high rated games and that they do so just so people can see how serious they are about their dislike of a game. They singled out Jeff as one of these people.

Having not played the Witness, I went ahead and watched the Jon Blow video and the thing that they were saying was a spoiler was kind of surprising,
I had always presumed that was a part of the games overall progression. Seemed kind of strange that Jeff and Brad were so taken aback by it, maybe because I don't the context in game to make as big surprise as they thought it was. I'm talking about puzzles using the environment as the "line" or whatever if you're wondering what part I'm ranting about.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I remember that E3 panel being really special. Blow is fascinating to listen to. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to watch this new video yet or keep playing first.

In other news, the ATS QL left me not wanting to buy that game. It looks fun enough, but I can't handle the distorted California. Replacing the Grapevine with a tunnel was the final straw.

If you haven't finished the game to your satisfaction, absolutely DO NOT watch it. I enjoyed what was there and listening to Blow talk is very interesting, but I also have no interest in playing the game and am ok with everything being spoiled. If you have any sort of ambition to finish the Witness or keep discovering for yourself, do not watch the video. They pretty much reveal LOTS of things. Not exact solutions (but some of those too), but lots of talk and discussion of the "secrets".

In other news, the ATS QL left me not wanting to buy that game. It looks fun enough, but I can't handle the distorted California. Replacing the Grapevine with a tunnel was the final straw.

Same! While it was a fun and very entertaining QL, it unsold me on the game. The Grapevine was perhaps the worst part, but also they didn't see a single cow until they were North of Sacramento. Nonsense!

Can I admit something to y'all?

I was being salty as fuck at Jeff over his Twilight Princess review.

On GameFAQs.

That day the picture is from.

I've always thought it'd be kinda funny if I ever get to a panel or something to tell Jeff I'm sorry for all that. Maybe offer him a free hit.

HAHAHA at that one thread title calling Greg Kasavin Greg Kavision.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I kinda want to hurt you for that. I know you didn't come up with it, but the fact is that you've introduced me to it.

Dan's mentioned it a few times and Jeff reacts audibly each time it happens.

Jesus christ why was 8.8 bad for TP?

Yeah I'm being the GB newbie here. I remember reading about it but not really why it caused such an uproar.

Same reason people got pissed off at every Uncharted 3 score under 95. Because people are stupid awful animals. Please do try not to poke the cage

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Can I admit something to y'all?

I was being salty as fuck at Jeff over his Twilight Princess review.

On GameFAQs.

That day the picture is from.

I've always thought it'd be kinda funny if I ever get to a panel or something to tell Jeff I'm sorry for all that. Maybe offer him a free hit.

These sentences paint a pretty vivid picture about the type of panel question asker you would be.

Renpatsu

GUYS.

GUNPLA.

gunpla64snz.jpg

justjim89

Ok, for the record I'm not saying I would take up panel time with an awkward ass thing like that. I know I shitpost now and then, but I know better than that. I just mean if I got a chance to ever meet Jeff in person, I'd make a joke about it.

Come on, give me more credit than that.

pizzacat

Banned
Ok, for the record I'm not saying I would take up panel time with an awkward ass thing like that. I know I shitpost now and then, but I know better than that. I just mean if I got a chance to ever meet Jeff in person, I'd make a joke about it.

"Gerstmann we finally meet"

While taking out a sealed copy of the GameCube version of tp

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm still mad at that 8.8

It's a 6.5 game

Not sure I could give the Wii version even that. I played a few hours of that game and never regretted putting it down, and at the time I was still playing through anything with Zelda on it.

Twilight Princess Wii was so terrible that it made me stop loving Zelda.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

If you ever get the chance make a Gamergate joke first, to lighten the mood.

everyone who isn't a main cast member looks like a mutant

Yeah, that was awesome. I agree

kiguel182

I'm sad I can't watch that video since I haven't finished The Witness yet.

Also, that American Truck quick look just showed that the East crew is the best crew. Amazing from start to finish.

Giant Bomb is basically the dumbest website I've ever come across so don't give me high horses about acting dumb on the internet.

Gaming websites are not serious business, people are allowed to poke fun at others.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I couldn't get into grimrock 2 despite loving the first one. Maybe I wasn't in the mood for it when u played it, but the open world aspect does nothing for me.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
but why did vinny say oyster bay like that it just doesn't make sense and we need answers

Giant Bomb is basically the dumbest website I've ever come across so don't give me high horses about acting dumb on the internet.

Gaming websites are not serious business, people are allowed to poke fun at others.

You've said this before in relation to the E3 GT & GB thing and I'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to make or who you're trying to make it to.

You've said this before in relation to the E3 GT & GB thing and I'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to make or who you're trying to make it to.

The last page was super self serious.

Lots of terribles, stupids and dumbs being thrown about in the worst navel gazing way!

Everyone's posi in here, no-one is malicious, quit it!

oh boy let's talk about Zelda. first, you're all wrong. second

boy, i miss the old days.

it's my least favorite mainline zelda release, and that includes Skyward Sword.

It has excellent dungeons and that's kinda about it. The rest of the game did nothing for me. And the chickens with the boobs wasn't cool at all, man

That's it? That's the only thing that matters! It's clearly the most important part of these games, but apparently that's a rare sentiment given the effusive praise for Wind Waker and Link Between Worlds, both of which have shit, insultingly easy dungeons.

I hate when the press talks about Zelda because everything they say barely makes sense. For example, there was this fucking IGN thing about Wind Waker where they said it has the best combat in the series. What? Are you fucking with me? You literally just stand there until the giant A on the screen glows, and then you press A and win. It's a QTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom