• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 stars makes sense, I'll be interested to hear Jason's thoughts in a month or so.
The last page was super self serious.

Lots of terribles, stupids and dumbs being thrown about in the worst navel gazing way!

Everyone's posi in here, no-one is malicious, quit it!

Is it really that surprising to you that people would think internet arguments over peoples personal excitement for a video game announcement is really dumb?

So Todd Howard is teasing three new projects from Bethesda. I guess they will have some stuff to show off at E3.

Personally I would love to see them make a huge RPG that's not ElderScrolls or Fallout. Maybe a space RPG in that same style? I think that would be dope.

Anyone have any speculation what they might be up too?

Well, Bethesda Games Studios recently opened their first satellite office in Montreal (I think it was Montreal). Could we see a spin-off Elder Scrolls from them? Could Bethesda (the Rockville, Maryland office) be crazy enough to let them do Elder Scrolls VI? Or could they maybe let them launch a brand new IP.

So Todd Howard is teasing three new projects from Bethesda. I guess they will have some stuff to show off at E3.

Personally I would love to see them make a huge RPG that's not ElderScrolls or Fallout. Maybe a space RPG in that same style? I think that would be dope.

Obsidian was working on a sci fi rpg with the skyrim tech that got shelved.

I could totally see Bethesda thinking they could do it cheaper if they took it in house.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Whatever Bethesda does, if they don't change the type of game they make (and don't think I'm stupid, I know they have ZERO reason to do that given how F4 and Skyrim sold) I'm not really interested. Fallout 4 was just....bad.

yami4ct

I feel like Twilight Princess is the only Zelda game I've played that I have zero memories of. Literally the only thing I remember is that I absolutely hated all the Wolf Link sections and I thought Midna was dumb. I also remember a general sense of boredom. I'm interested to go back and see how I react now when the Twilight Princess HD version comes out.

My opinions of Zelda games do tend to hold on replays, though. I disliked Majora's Mask back in the day and I still really disliked it playing the 3D edition. Wind Waker is one of my favorite games of all time, and those feelings came right back to me with the HD version.

Don't Shit Your Pants.

i can barely be assed to care about new game announcements these days, the last time i kinda got hyped for a game was MGSV but that was mostly because I wanted to not get spoiled on it.

Otherwise, meh. I have a huge backlog, i can't even get hyped for new shit these days when i have so many old games i still want to play through. Just stopped buying games for a while until i clear most of it up

Not like that, but fistpumps were done during The Year Of Dreams 2015 by me.

pizzacat

Banned
It is. The game should be getting fucking reamed, especially since the additional characters aren't actually free. It's f2p garbage and charging $60 for the base game is crazy.
The only other f2p fighting game out there is KI and it has 1 character to use per week for free iirc. This has 16. I already have enough fight money for 2 characters and I'm not even half done with survival rounds.

Why exaggerate?

I couldn't get into grimrock 2 despite loving the first one. Maybe I wasn't in the mood for it when u played it, but the open world aspect does nothing for me.

As you keep playing the open world reveals it isn't much of a departure from Grimrock 1. How it operates is, imagine if you get stuck on floor 8, you can leave it and go to floor 10. Or Floor 5 may give you hints to secrets on floor 2. Or several floors contain parts of a language to decipher a message on another floor.

I'd play Bethesda's take on Precursors.

I'm still mad at that 8.8

It's a 6.5 game

That's the funniest part about the whole thing -- the reactions were dumb enough regardless of the game's actual quality, but time has absolutely validated Jeff's score as completely accurate if not slightly generous.

(Obviously there are those who disagree, but if you showed that score to anyone not around at that time they would not see anything wrong with it even if they enjoyed the game. Especially since game scores in general have been trending towards slightly-more-reasonable levels in recent years.)

Yep, totally makes sense with how that game launched (or, rather, didn't).

yami4ct

That's the funniest part about the whole thing -- the reactions were dumb enough regardless of the game's actual quality, but time has absolutely validated Jeff's score as completely accurate if not slightly generous.

(Obviously there are those who disagree, but if you showed that score to anyone not around at that time they would not see anything wrong with it even if they enjoyed the game. Especially since game scores in general have been trending towards slightly-more-reasonable levels in recent years.)

I wouldn't call it too generous. 8.8 seems about right. Even a bad Zelda game is typically a very good game. The only ones I would say deserve less than an 8 are probably the DS ones and Majora's Mask.

The only other f2p fighting game out there is KI and it has 1 character to use per week for free iirc. This has 16. I already have enough fight money for 2 characters and I'm not even half done with survival rounds.

Why exaggerate?

I meant the way you get the new characters is f2p garbage. They're not actually free. They're free with a caveat. I'm saying, they charge $60 for such a barebones release, then the characters should all be free, no strings attached. That's not the case.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
As you keep playing the open world reveals it isn't much of a departure from Grimrock 1. How it operates is, imagine if you get stuck on floor 8, you can leave it and go to floor 10. Or Floor 5 may give you hints to secrets on floor 2. Or several floors contain parts of a language to decipher a message on another floor.

I got that sense too, but I dunno, it didn't grab me as much. I'll get back to it though, as I still love the fundamentals of grimrock.

Noaloha

I'd nod in perfect amicability at any score between a 3/10 and a 9/10 for SF5.

There's no single score that reflects this release for 'the consumer'.

yami4ct

My Fire Emblem SE tracking information hasn't updated at all since it was picked up yesterday. This is why I hate USPS. Please still get here tomorrow.

justjim89

Twilight Princess had some great moments. The Zant boss fight, Gannondorf's execution scene, the whole progression of fights at the end from possessed Zelda to beast form Ganon to horseback Gannondorf to a straight up swordfight with Gannondorf. That whole half hour or so was such an incredible end to a Zelda game. Not to mention then the farewell with Midna in her human form at the end.

Twilight Princess is great. Flawed, but great.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Twilight Princess had some great moments. The Zant boss fight, Gannondorf's execution scene, the whole progression of fights at the end from possessed Zelda to beast form Ganon to horseback Gannondorf to a straight up swordfight with Gannondorf. That whole half hour or so was such an incredible end to a Zelda game. Not to mention then the farewell with Midna in her human form at the end.

Twilight Princess is great. Flawed, but great.

I imagine I would have enjoyed it if I could have played it with a controller that had enough buttons for the actions required in the game. Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. And I'm sure as hell not buying it again just to get the fixed version.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm watching the Truck Simulator QL and it's impressive to see how you can actually see Alex' soul trying to escape when Vinny is driving. Vinny is visibly killing him inside. And just after he discovered joy. Shakespear couldn't write a more tragic tale.

that Twilight Princess stuff was LOL worthy (the fact Jeff was harsh on games even in those days didn't help) especially since he has been vindicated as time goes on.

funnily enough a similar scenario happened with the Witcher 3 (but those issues were discovered and somewhat rectified)

yami4ct

Did you order through Amazon? Mine's well on its way.

Yep. It shipped out yesterday. All I get on the tracking from USPS is that it was picked up last night.

I wish Amazon would stop using USPS for Prime release day shipping. They aren't reliable at all.

EDIT:

Checked Amazon tracking for the hell of it instead of USPS and it says 'Arrived at Amazon Facility in Brownstone, MI'.

A) Never knew Amazon had any Facility in MI and
B) I had zero clue Amazon shipped from one of their warehouses to another before getting it to me. Amazon is weird sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom