• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't really have skinship with a skeleton though can you?

Skinships have no limits, real or theoretical.
wait, what is "skinship"?

Learn, Bowlie, and be enlightened: Skinship, The Most Lovecraftian Romance Term

Basically this:
2826276-feskinship.gif

Brashnir

Trying to justify your weird perversions as something that's really after some higher purpose makes you look like an asshole. Admit to yourself that you're a weirdo and move on like the rest of us.

yami4ct

The best thing about Digimon Cyber Sleuth is that it's made me go back and watch some of the old Digimon Adventure subbed. The show itself is very much a kid's show, but the Japanese opening theme might be one of the hypest things ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWGHQaItwic

Yes I know that's the version from the new OVAs, but they're both great. New one is slightly more hype.

daydream

Banned
The best thing about Digimon Cyber Sleuth is that it's made me go back and watch some of the old Digimon Adventure subbed. The show itself is very much a kid's show, but the Japanese opening theme might be one of the hypest things ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWGHQaItwic

Yes I know that's the version from the new OVAs, but they're both great. New one is slightly more hype.

while we're talking about cs in relation to the anime, the worst thing about it is that it shows how much more creative and interesting they could have gotten with the new season, especially stylistically

yami4ct

That's damn good. I was into the show when I was a kid for the first two seasons.

I subscribed to Crunchyroll to see this new season

Tri and Cyber Sleuth have definitely made me go back to see if I still liked Digimon. Turns out, yep I do. Adventure is a kid show, but it has a really neat spark to it.

I didn't know before now that all the OPs/EDs/Insert Tracks from Try are all remakes of the stuff from Adventure. I don't like the Brave Heart evolution theme as it gets repetitive, but that intro is the best thing.

while we're talking about cs in relation to the anime, the worst thing about it is that it shows how much more creative and interesting they could have gotten with the new season, especially stylistically

For an intro episode, I really dug it. I think it does the 'Digimon in the real world' thing much better than CS does. All I really want from Tri at this point is to fill in the little gaps here and there Adventure 1 and 2 left open, and it's doing that so far.

LiK

kinda bummed i can't watch the Blow Witness video since i'm still pretty early in the game. sigh, what to do...

daydream

Banned
For an intro episode, I really dug it. I think it does the 'Digimon in the real world' thing much better than CS does. All I really want from Try at this point is to fill in the little gaps here and there Adventure 1 and 2 left open, and it's doing that so far.

but they're playing it so safe

and the character designs are absolutely terrible. they totally destroyed most of the recognisable features from the main cast to the point that it's hard to keep certain male characters apart a lot of the time

obviously the parts that are still due to air will feature more digimon action which is good because that has always been the entertaining part about digimon and in the new ovas especially because the character interaction is just so inane

would have been so much better if they'd based it on cyber sleuth instead. cyberspace whodunit feat. digimon

yami4ct

but they're playing it so safe

and the character designs are absolutely terrible. they totally destroyed most of the recognisable features from the main cast to the point that it's hard to keep certain male characters apart a lot of the time

obviously the parts that are still due to air will feature more digimon action which is good because that has always been the entertaining part about digimon and in the new ovas especially because the character interaction is just so inane

would have been so much better if they'd based it on cyber sleuth instead. cyberspace whodunit feat. digimon

It's an intro episode. Watching the old Adventure stuff, Tri definitely already seems to top it writing wise.

As for the character designs, watching Adventure 1 has made me realized they've always been the absolute worst. The animation is cheap and uneven and the characters look like disproportioned monsters most of the time. It gets way better when they give it a more muted color palette in the real world, but it's still not good. Only thing I dislike about the Tri designs are the faces, but all that stuff is better than the non-Our War Game adventure looks.

Also, dear god don't make any anime based on Cyber Sleuth. Even disregarding the awful localization, the writing in that game is such hot trash. The worst writing I've seen in a JRPG in a long, long while. Every character in that game is an obnoxious asshole and the plot is a disconnected mess.

daydream

Banned
It's an intro episode. Watching the old Adventure stuff, Tri definitely already seems to top it writing wise.

As for the character designs, watching Adventure 1 has made me realized they've always been the absolute worst. The animation is cheap and uneven and the characters look like disproportioned monsters most of the time. It gets way better when they give it a more muted color palette in the real world, but it's still not good. Only thing I dislike about the Tri designs are the faces, but all that stuff is better than the non-Our War Game adventure looks.

i don't agree. tri is sterile and interchangeable, no comparison to the classic seasons. maybe they weren't on par budget-wise or whatever, maybe they weren't as clean, maybe they were a little wonky. but they had a style, a visual identity.

but yes, if tri would have looked like our war game, that would have been the best of both worlds

Also, dear god don't make any anime based on Cyber Sleuth. Even disregarding the awful localization, the writing in that game is such hot trash. The worst writing I've seen in a JRPG in a long, long while. Every character in that game is an obnoxious asshole and the plot is a disconnected mess.

the writing yes, the premise no

Jintor

i don't agree. tri is sterile and interchangeable, no comparison to the classic seasons. maybe they weren't on par budget-wise or whatever, maybe they weren't as clean, maybe they were a little wonky. but they had a style, a visual identity.

but yes, if tri would have looked like our war game, that would have been the best of both worlds

agreed. There's something awfully off about tri despite how much I want to like it, it just feels... sparkless.

yami4ct

It could have been worse. We've seen the dark timeline of character designs, and their name is Yasuda. Dear god the characters in Cyber Sleuth look so unbelievably terrible awful.

I think it's too early to judge Tri on anything. We've seen, what, 1/6 of it? I dug it for what it was, a warmup exercise that teased some stuff and got us reacclimatized to the world. It could have been better, but it pushed the right buttons for me. Seeing Alphamon vs Omegamon was the coolest and I cannot wait to see Zudomon/Lilymon/Angemon etc get their Megas. They have an interesting setup and it made me excited to see where they go from there. It was good enough for a first episode for me.

Lijik

Cyber sleuth made me remember that there were some reaaaaaaaally dumb digimon designs.

Like who the fuck came up with this.

I loved that design as a kid because it was so fucked up and weird. "Hey hear me out, but what if PacMan was a biker? And he was ripped, just shredded. Okay? I want cool biker pacman. Also- give him human skin. Like he was real."

daydream

Banned
It could have been worse. We've seen the dark timeline of character designs, and their name is Yasuda. Dear god the characters in Cyber Sleuth look so unbelievably terrible awful.

I think it's too early to judge Tri on anything. We've seen, what, 1/6 of it? I dug it for what it was, a warmup exercise that teased some stuff and got us reacclimatized to the world. It could have been better, but it pushed the right buttons for me. Seeing Alphamon vs Omegamon was the coolest and I cannot wait to see Zudomon/Lilymon/Angemon etc get their Megas. They have an interesting setup and it made me excited to see where they go from there. It was good enough for a first episode for me.

the climax you mention was poorly done, i thought. some unfortunate decisions for the editing and sound design

i dunno, i like the designs in cyber sleuth and, by extension, smt devil survivor just fine

yami4ct

the climax you mention was poorly done, i thought. some unfortunate decisions for the editing and sound design

i dunno, i like the designs in cyber sleuth and, by extension, smt devil survivor just fine

I cannot think of a designer I dislike more than Yasuda. All his male characters are emo band rejects and his female cast weird blobs of TNA.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I did like the poop digimon a lot when I was a kid. Still do.

Also I like it when yasuda is restrained. He really went buckwild in CS. Love his style, maybe not his designs sometimes.

How do you even wear a scarf like that.

Brashnir

Giant Bomb dot com thread.

yami4ct

I did like the poop digimon a lot when I was a kid. Still do.

Also I like it when yasuda is restrained. It's like they allowed him to go buckwild in CS.

Sukemon is one of the most useful digimon in CS. The poop gets the last laugh.

I feel like even when Yasuda is restrained, his female characters still are only vaguely human. I always find his stuff gross and pretty distasteful in general.

daydream

Banned

I feel like even when Yasuda is restrained, his female characters still are only vaguely human. I always find his stuff gross and pretty distasteful in general.

sheesh, what about them would elicit such a strong reaction

what you mention about the male characters fits the milieu in cs very well, however. that seems hard to dispute, in my eyes

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Yozakura Quartet was pretty alright in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom