• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Amazon....

JHkR60ml.png

rdYREbMl.png

yami4ct

I finally finished the Hard Mode Royal Knights quests in Digimon Cyber Sleuth! Those are some of the least fun, most poorly balanced and unfair fights I've ever seen in a JRPG. Just garbage all around. I wish I wasn't a completionist idiot and just turned the difficulty down. If anyone here is playing the game, I highly suggest you learn from my experience and do exactly that. They aren't interesting or satisfying. They're just bad.

mattp

I meant the way you get the new characters is f2p garbage. They're not actually free. They're free with a caveat. I'm saying, they charge $60 for such a barebones release, then the characters should all be free, no strings attached. That's not the case.

i don't know what's worse
capcom clearly putting out sf5 unfinished, a month too early
or the hyperbole about how bad the game is

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I meant the way you get the new characters is f2p garbage. They're not actually free. They're free with a caveat. I'm saying, they charge $60 for such a barebones release, then the characters should all be free, no strings attached. That's not the case.
Who said they would be free?
The 6 characters are DLC, they were never part of the game.
There is a way to earn some of them through playing, but how is that now a bad thing?
Those additional characters are not what's wrong with the game.

Strax

As much as I like CS, the Pokemon games are actually fairly decently balance and offer a fun completive scene. CS adds some cool ideas to the raising, but I think Pokemon games are still unbeaten in terms of monster collecting and raising.

Being half asleep while reading CS as Counter Strike yesterday was mind-boggling

As much as we joke about it, I'm starting to suspect that Austin does actually say "it's tough" in every Beastcast. Only took him 26 minutes this time.

(Not a complaint, it doesn't bother me at all -- it's just the kind of thing that once someone here pointed it out to me, it's now impossible to ignore.)

Beastcast way too apologetic about the PC/Console stuff. Shouldn't have to apologize for people inserting their stupid shit into their conversation.

yami4ct

Beastcast way too apologetic about the PC/Console stuff. Shouldn't have to apologize for people inserting their stupid shit into their conversation.

I mean, the conversation last week was pretty inane and boring. I expected better of the Beast crew. It was basically the exact same points that were brought up years ago and nothing came of them then. Not really that useful to have the exact same discussion then, especially without admitting you did it before.

I mean, the conversation last week was pretty inane and boring. I expected better of the Beast crew. It was basically the exact same points that were brought up years ago and nothing came of them then. Not really that useful to have the exact same discussion then, especially without admitting you did it before.

Yeah, that's fine if people were saying it was just a dumb conversation, but it more sounded like people were getting mad at them bashing consoles and it mostly seemed like they got a lot of PC vs console BS. Eh, just seemed dumb to apologize because people wanted to get upset over some weird console fanboy shit.

Maybe it's just the video quality, but Dying Light looks hideous in that video. Just a big mess of aliasing, motion blur, and chromatic aberration.

As much as we joke about it, I'm starting to suspect that Austin does actually say "it's tough" in every Beastcast. Only took him 26 minutes this time.

(Not a complaint, it doesn't bother me at all -- it's just the kind of thing that once someone here pointed it out to me, it's now impossible to ignore.)

I once noticed how many times Jeff says "I don't know", it ruined the Bombast for me for a little while

Yeah, that's fine if people were saying it was just a dumb conversation, but it more sounded like people were getting mad at them bashing consoles and it mostly seemed like they got a lot of PC vs console BS. Eh, just seemed dumb to apologize because people wanted to get upset over some weird console fanboy shit.
If they apologised for it this week then that seems a little silly.

yami4ct

I once noticed how many times Jeff says "I don't know", it ruined the Bombast for me for a little while

For me, it was Brad and 'You know?'. It stopped bothering me for a while and he lessened up on its usage, but it definitely drove me up a damn wall for like a month or two.

tuxfool

Banned
Maybe, on consoles there are issues though. I don#t like CA and the motion blur they use is super weird.

No, it isn't just consoles. The PC is miles better but it still remains grimy as fuck. There isn't even a CA toggle on PC (it can be modded out).

Has Mann done anything exceptional since Collateral? I still have a copy of Public Enemies lying around but i fear that i might not like it and it would affect how i feel about Heat

and i dont want how i feel about Heat affected

Has Mann done anything exceptional since Collateral? I still have a copy of Public Enemies lying around but i fear that i might not like it and it would affect how i feel about Heat

Nope, and it's kind of a bummer. He had that amazing stretch with Heat, The Insider, and Collateral and then...nothing but mediocrity since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom