• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

sheesh, what about them would elicit such a strong reaction

what you mention about the male characters fits the milieu in cs very well, however. that seems hard to dispute, in my eyes

Looking at Yuzu and Haru in Devil Survivor and Nokia in CS for a long time would drive anyone insane.

It fits for the males in CS, but I hate those characters so it's hard to like their designs either. Arata is such an unlikable shitheel.

Yozakura Quartet was pretty alright in that regard.

Those look alright. He can do good things, but it seems like he's trending further and further into shit territory.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Oh wow.

*Drew thinks he beats MGSV, then sees "Chapter 2"*

"Do I have to keep playing this game..."

yami4ct

Are any Digimon games a sequel to Digimon World? Think I hated that game but found it oddly charismatic.

There is a fan translation of the PSP game Digimon World Re;Digitize. It's basically a remake of the original with new Digimon and a story.

Unfortunately, Yasuda's horribleness creeps into that one as well. Also, I played it recently and I think the Digimon World formula is awful. The raising is tedious busywork you have to repeat every 3-5 hours and the automated battles are so boring.

daydream

Banned
pokemon has always dominated in the games department (though maybe not so much recently) while digimon had the 'me on lock (though maybe not so much recently)

There is a fan translation of the PSP game Digimon World Re;Digitize. It's basically a remake of the original with new Digimon and a story.

Unfortunately, Yasuda's horribleness creeps into that one as well. Also, I played it recently and I think the Digimon World formula is awful. The raising is tedious busywork you have to repeat every 3-5 hours and the automated battles are so boring.

One day that guy just woke up and said "Today is the day I start making my work look wierd and off-putting."

yami4ct

pokemon has always dominated in the games department (though maybe not so much recently) while digimon had the 'me on lock (though maybe not so much recently)

As much as I like CS, the Pokemon games are actually fairly decently balance and offer a fun completive scene. CS adds some cool ideas to the raising, but I think Pokemon games are still unbeaten in terms of monster collecting and raising.

SMT games are their own thing. They are certainly great games, but the monster raising isn't as on point as Pokemon.

Pokemon Movies have always been the only thing they do in the anime worthwhile and really only because seeing the Legendaries and Mythicals in action is fun.

One day that guy just woke up and said "Today is the day I start making my work look wierd and off-putting."

I think it was halfway through making his designs for DRR. Some of those are ok, but then you get a large chunk that start to demonstrate everything wrong with his style.

daydream

Banned
As much as I like CS, the Pokemon games are actually fairly decently balance and offer a fun completive scene. CS adds some cool ideas to the raising, but I think Pokemon games are still unbeaten in terms of monster collecting and raising.

SMT games are their own thing. They are certainly great games, but the monster raising isn't as on point as Pokemon.

Pokemon Movies have always been the only thing they do in the anime worthwhile and really only because seeing the Legendaries and Mythicals in action is fun.

yeah, even though i don't like any mainline pokemon after r/s/e, cs is probably too flawed to touch even the recent pokemon games, you're not wrong. maybe next order can surpass them

also, as someone who saw the first film in the theatre, pikachu's vacation was better than the main attraction

yami4ct

yeah, even though i don't like any mainline pokemon after r/s/e, cs is probably too flawed to touch even the recent pokemon games, you're not wrong. maybe next order can surpass them

also, as someone who saw the first film in the theatre, pikachu's vacation was better than the main attraction

Next Order is a world game. That means it has the tedious raising and automated battles. It will be awful.

I don't care that a lot people like the World games. I think they're bad.

The Pikachu shorts are too adorable. It's unfair to compare anything to them.

yami4ct

Yokai Watch? You mean that thing that seems to be an abject failure in the west?

Poor Level5, they can't catch a break over here.

Designs in YW look pretty cool, but the gameplay never seemed that interesting to me. Came out at a bad time for me, so I never ended up grabbing it.

Zocano

The Johnathan Blow Witness video is absolutely wonderful. Not only is hearing game design interesting but Blow's approach to it specifically is in itself fascinating (I watched a few talks of his a year or two after Braid released).

Fallout 4 won Game of the Year at the D.I.C.E. Awards. For those interested, Bloodborne, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Ori and the Blind Forest were the competition. With all the awards Rocket League won (Sports Game of the Year, Online Game of the Year, and D.I.C.E. Sprite Award- which are given to games from small teams), people seemed to be dumbfounded how it wasn't nominated for GOTY.

Brashnir

The Johnathan Blow Witness video is absolutely wonderful. Not only is hearing game design interesting but Blow's approach to it specifically is in itself fascinating (I watched a few talks of his a year or two after Braid released).

Yeah, if only it hadn't re-surfaced all the motion-sickness issues I had with the game. I had to stop watching and just listen at a point.

Fallout 4 won Game of the Year at the D.I.C.E. Awards. For those interested, Bloodborne, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Ori and the Blind Forest were the competition. With all the awards Rocket League won (Sports Game of the Year, Online Game of the Year, and D.I.C.E. Sprite Award- which are given to games from small teams), people seemed to be dumbfounded how it wasn't nominated for GOTY.

It seems DICE values fun games for their awards

I don't blame them.

yami4ct

If even Devs support their bullshit, there truly is no hope left for Bethesda fixing their shit, huh? I'm going to be so sad when TES VI is also a game I'm completely disinterested in playing.

neshcom

Banned

And I'm glad they talked openly about the spoiler stuff without ruining the final final spoiler stuff. Wish Blow could have talked in more absolutes about the mysteries of the island, but I think that'll be something for a little while down the road maybe.

The biggest takeaway was the game idea The Witness sprung from and how Blow found what made that idea interesting and make it weighty too.

If even Devs support their bullshit, there truly is no hope left for Bethesda fixing their shit, huh? I'm going to be so sad when TES VI is also a game I'm completely disinterested in playing.

I've seen someone (can't remember who) suggest that it's not outside the realm of possibility that Bethesda hands off the next TES to their new Montreal studio. I'd feel wary of that as TES is by far Bethesda's top-tier IP. If it was a spin-off, a la Fallout: New Vegas, then I wouldn't be as wary.

It seems DICE values fun games for their awards

I don't blame them.

tumblr_nz7z75hPj21ubpbmgo1_500.gif

LiS didn't win anything, did it? (Can't find it on their site, at least) Highway robbery.

yami4ct

I've seen someone (can't remember who) suggest that it's not outside the realm of possibility that Bethesda hands off the next TES to their new Montreal studio. I'd feel wary of that as TES is by far Bethesda's top-tier IP. If it was a spin-off, a la Fallout: New Vegas, then I wouldn't be as wary.

New hands on it might be exactly what TES needs. I just can't do another standard Bethesda game with the same warts those games have. I just can't.

Brashnir

The games industry gives zero fucks about games.

daydream

Banned
The games industry gives zero fucks about games.

every year i'm surprised anew that people are paying attention to a circlejerk involving the creatively bankrupt

i guess the results do tell us a few things about that particular type of contemporary game development

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really enjoyed the SFV quick look. It was nice seeing Jason being good at a game and Jeff not stomping everyone in fighting games.

Anjin M

so, yokai watch

My daughter really likes the show and is probably getting a watch and some medals for her birthday. As Komasan would say, Oh My Swirls!

Please stop telling me this. I'm really trying not to watch since I'm not done with the game yet. But I'm so weak...

yami4ct

every year i'm surprised anew that people are paying attention to a circlejerk involving the creatively bankrupt

i guess the results do tell us a few things about that particular type of contemporary game development

I imagine the people in the games industry are too busy working horrible hours that they don't get time to actually play games.

The Tekken story thread in Gaming reminded me of the guys talking King lore on the Bombcast a while back. Anyone remember what episode that was? Or maybe it was multiple episodes, with first just them talking and then they later got an email about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom