• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just the video quality, but Dying Light looks hideous in that video. Just a big mess of aliasing, motion blur, and chromatic aberration.

Yeah I'm watching the QL and just came here to comment on this. The only time it looks somewhat ok is when Brad is standing completely still, otherwise there's way too much awful post-processing going on.

edit: Fire alarm 45 minutes in!

Megasoum

Banned
That Miami Vice movie was so bad... The only thing it did to me is make me want to re-watch Bad Boys 2 (which I ended up doing halfway through Miami Vice).

Myggen

Every podcast has this. My favorite movie podcast one of the hosts says "profoundly" like every episode

Yeah, you just need to learn to tune that stuff out. I think most people have something like that when they're talking, it's just that you notice it so much more when you're a passive listener as opposed to talking to a friend or something like that.

yeah you know what fucking sucks? being on a podcast yourself, which you then have to listen to and edit, and realize how much you suck at not saying dumb crutch words, and realizing how hard it is to change

but at the same time I don't know why some people have such a hard time not overlooking them. "garbage words" are pretty much just dropped by my brain when I'm listening to people talk, and that's not just in my native language.

Yeah, you just need to learn to tune that stuff out. I think most people have something like that when they're talking, it's just that you notice it so much more when you're a passive listener as opposed to talking to a friend or something like that.

Yeah, not to mention that listening to even just one year of Bombcasts will give you more exposure to hearing them speak (~150 hours) than 99.9% of anyone you'll ever know personally. The hour count can get kinda staggering when you factor in quick looks, premium podcasts, live shows, etc.

Xater

yeah you know what fucking sucks? being on a podcast yourself, which you then have to listen to and edit, and realize how much you suck at not saying dumb crutch words, and realizing how hard it is to change

but at the same time I don't know why some people have such a hard time not overlooking them. "garbage words" are pretty much just dropped by my brain when I'm listening to people talk, and that's not just in my native language.

I think some people must have some form of OCD that it bothers them so much. I don#t think I really ever cared about stuff like that.

Myggen is getting caught up in the GT funeral wake thread.

Myg, that isn't going to end well. Just let them grieve in peace and if they're making assumptions then so be it

Tirod

So what's the likelihood of a Fire Emblem quick look? I know Dan talked about it a bit on the Bombcast this week, but much of the discussion was on the 3 version split.

The Awakening QL is still one of my personal favorites, Dave and Patrick were super into it .
Dave realizing he misspelled his name as enenykite is still hilarious to me.

daydream

Banned
So what's the likelihood of a Fire Emblem quick look? I know Dan talked about it a bit on the Bombcast this week, but much of the discussion was on the 3 version split.

The Awakening QL is still one of my personal favorites, Dave and Patrick were super into it .
Dave realizing he misspelled his name as enenykite is still hilarious to me.

almost guaranteed

even if it's gonna be super short in the hands of gbwest. hoping for an austin ql instead

justjim89

tfw you realize you've heard Brad say "huh" more than you've heard your mother say she loves you.

tumblr_inline_o28tbt5Zj01r76lqg_500.gif

daydream

Banned
i've been told that being self-deprecating is a quality so you can't be garbage at everything

add a talent for syntactic ambiguity and jpop gifs, making you a mighty fine poster all around

and that will do it for cheer-up friday, see you all next week

i've been told that being self-deprecating is a quality so you can't be garbage at everything

add a talent for syntactic ambiguity and jpop gifs, making you a mighty fine poster all around

and that will do it for cheer-up friday, see you all next week

As long as you're back for Meme Mondays.

A coworker of mine has one word he keeps repeating so much that it forms like half his speech (I'm guessing it's some kind of mental thing). This has made me completely immune to being annoyed by (or even noticing) things people repeat once or twice per podcast.

Xater

I have already finished the Dying Light expansion and wasn't a fan. I enjoyed the parkour stuff and this expansion basically said fuck it to all of that and made you drive around empty fields. The driving wasn't bad or anything, but that is not what I enjoyed about the game. It also felt like I engaged zombies even less than before.

I'm a garbage hugger too

How? Hugs are not hard. Are you grabbing ass while hugging or something?

On the subject of overusing words, anyone who still has an opportunity to take a public speaking class definitely should. One of the most useful non-required classes I ever took in college, really helped with my confidence in speaking.

Zaph

Danny's doing a far cry primal live thing http://www.gamespot.com/videos/now-playing-far-cry-primal/2300-6429557/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

On the subject of overusing words, anyone who still has an opportunity to take a public speaking class definitely should. One of the most useful non-required classes I ever took in college, really helped with my confidence in speaking.

They really are great. Where I used to work they hired presenting/public speaking consultants all the time (especially when pitching) and it's an invaluable experience. Just training yourself to speak slower does wonders alone.

At this point it seems like Wednesday is East day and Friday is West day. That makes me kinda sad.

Also Dan, I know you are reading this, so get your ass into gear and make your colleagues play some Mario Party!

So no more Ranking of fighters or old game show? Not that we've gotten too many anyways...

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I took one almost 10 years ago and it showed me that I use my language's equivalent of "basically" too much. You become quite self aware on one of those, I still think about it. Now imagine people disecting your speech patterns every week! And I do it as well.

Xater

So no more Ranking of fighters or old game show? Not that we've gotten too many anyways...

I am not saying that, just that it has no kinda developed into a pattern.

I have been a nervous wreck all day. I feel like I need some real shitty food this evening to comfort me. Thinking about getting a pizza although I already had one on Wednesday...

There's not really a basis for the claim that "Wednesday is East day" since there was an OGS 3 weeks ago and a RoF 4 weeks ago.

Yeah, that's sort of what I was thinking. Even though we haven't gotten too many of them, that seemed to be THE day for those. It'd be cool if they could somehow offset and east do Tues/Thurs and West do Wed/Fri, but that could be hard with Beast doing podcast on Thursday's.

I've noticed I say "loquacious" more than other people. How can I curtail this behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom