• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamnBoxes

On the subject of overusing words, anyone who still has an opportunity to take a public speaking class definitely should. One of the most useful non-required classes I ever took in college, really helped with my confidence in speaking.

What about a public writing class, so that people can stop writing "I mean," in all of their sentences.

At this point it seems like Wednesday is East day and Friday is West day. That makes me kinda sad.
That sucks, hopefully UPF is good. I also hope that this isn't the new schedule that they were discussing a few weeks back and they are still trying to figure that out.

I named My Castle in Fire Emblem Giant Bomb. Check it! 10421-06522 30772-12276

Not exactly sure what things you can do with it but it seems like you get items for visiting other castles. Plus you build up this meter that let's you place new buildings.

On the subject of overusing words, anyone who still has an opportunity to take a public speaking class definitely should. One of the most useful non-required classes I ever took in college, really helped with my confidence in speaking.

The hardest part of the public speaking class I took in college was having to watch the recording of my performance and write a critique of it. Cringeworthy...but also super helpful, especially for improving your physical presence. Turns out keeping your hands stock still and slowly swaying back and forth isn't the best look for public speaking.

tuxfool

Banned
The hardest part of the public speaking class I took in college was having to watch the recording of my performance and write a critique of it. Cringeworthy...but also super helpful, especially for improving your physical presence. Turns out keeping your hands stock still and slowly swaying back and forth isn't the best look for public speaking.

Heh. Whenever I had a pulpit or a stand, I used to kick it near constantly. Nervous habit.

Chuck

Still without luck
I don't post in these threads but I just had to say 8.8 HAS RETURNED!

just out of curiosity, were you yourself one of the crazy nuts that lost their minds at that score?

it's okay to admit it, i'm sure you're better now.

and Jeff has since said, 3 stars out of 5.

omgkitty

just out of curiosity, were you yourself one of the crazy nuts that lost their minds at that score?

Yeah Jeff has no affinity for that game whatsoever. Hell, does he even really still like the Zelda games? I know he said he really liked Ocarina of Time but has 0 interest in any of the new ones (I guess he did like Link Between Worlds)

BY2K

Membero Americo

I wasn't following gaming news or reviews at the time, so no.

I watched that Witness video. Wasn't expecting that business with
the gate at the beginning
, so I just went and did it before they did and wwwwoooww. That's cool. Not really fussed that I didn't discover it for myself, but this is too neat.

jaina

8-4 is making that Dragon Quest Builder game sound pretty fun. It probably isn't coming out here is it?
They released Dragon Quest Heroes (musou) in the west, so I'm pretty confident Builders (minecraft + x) will as well. Squeenix has been getting pretty good with international releases of niche games, even if they take time.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
They released Dragon Quest Heroes (musou) in the west, so I'm pretty confident Builders (minecraft + x) will as well. Squeenix has been getting pretty good with international releases of niche games, even if they take time.

Except for the 3ds Dragon Quests, those bastards (thanks Nintendo)

Xater

WTF is that console and PC talk in the e-mail section of the Beastcast this week? Did people seriously get butthurt over the totally level headed discussion from last week?

8-4 is making that Dragon Quest Builder game sound pretty fun. It probably isn't coming out here is it?

So fa rnot announced, but I am also interested in it. Certainly more than in normal Dragon Quest which to me could not be more generic JRPG.

WTF is that console and PC talk in the e-mail section of the Beastcast this week? Did people seriously get butthurt over the totally level headed discussion from last week?

no one wants to hear that their $400 machine was outdated from day one, especially if they're heavily invested in the outcome of the console wars.

Though to be honest i knew from the moment they dipped their toes in that topic that it was going to go that way as far as the tears were concerned

Xater

no one wants to hear that their $400 machine was outdated from day one, especially if they're heavily invested in the outcome of the console wars.

Though to be honest i knew from the moment they dipped their toes in that topic that it was going to go that way as far as the tears were concerned

I don't have a gaming PC, but you have to be delusional to not understand these things. These consoles were never going to outperform current PCs for the price point they were going for.

I don't have a gaming PC, but you have to be delusional to not understand these things. These consoles were never going to outperform current PCs for the price point they were going for.

i think there's something to be said about the wii's success for nintendo, how sony and MS reacted to it, and that it wasn't until this gen that they nailed the part that really mattered:

It wasn't the motion controls, that was a fad. it wasn't the casual appeal, that comes with putting out a good machine with desirable software regardless of its specs. it was that Nintendo wasn't stupid enough to sell consoles at a loss anymore. Even if the wii would've bombed, they would've made it out the other end okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom