• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the GOTY 2015 podcast for the first time. Man
Brad
is the worst.

Bad
Brad
came out in full swing.

If that is the case I can agree with this assessment. Quesalupas are ok. 3/10 sounds about right. If you're already at the point of going to T-Bell, might as well get something else IMO. They are fun novelty, but I am not having another.

I didn't really taste the cheese in it, the store even had a giant window poster with the cheese stretched out, overall it tasted like Taco Bell.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Man, the Hitman Beta kinda sold me on the game (I mean, it didn't cause I had to buy the starter kit to get it but whatever) I just need to get rid off my "I need to do everything 100% perfect, no help, no hitman sense, nothing!" OCD and this could be a really fun game.

justjim89

Hitman plays so fucking good you guys. Man, I was already hyped for that game, but playing the beta just cemented it. If the level design is good throughout, it could really be something special.

Fantastapotamus

Hitman plays so fucking good you guys. Man, I was already hyped for that game, but playing the beta just cemented it. If the level design is good throughout, it could really be something special.

Yeah, I really like the Beta. Makes me hopefull for the episodes(?).

jaina

the episodic structure should help with the level design. they don't want to have a dud which puts people off of buying the next one.

omgkitty

My only worry is with the way they're really pushing you to look at all the ways you can do something, that these different levels are going to be really short and they expect you to just replay everything over and over.

Fantastapotamus

the episodic structure should help with the level design. they don't want to have a dud which puts people off of buying the next one.

Hitman might actually be a perfect fit for an episodic structure. A game focused on replayability makes much more sense than a story heavy game like all the Telltale stuff. At least for me.

My only worry is with the way they're really pushing you to look at all the ways you can do something, that these different levels are going to be really short and they expect you to just replay everything over and over.

The "maps" in the old games weren't ever that large, really. The fake cruise map seems a bit smallish compared to the older games but it's also one of the first maps, or is it the first?

First maps are always baby maps that are just meant to help you get a grip on the fundamentals.

Now, i just need to clear Blood Money and Absolution off of my backlog so i can actually play this game

Classic Brad in this Dying Light quick look. Spoiling the ending of the base game and dying all in about the first five minutes.
wait you serious? why does he do this when almost never does anyone solicit these spoilers from him?

still super annoyed from when he just blurted out the end of Broken Age Part 1 as part 2 had just come out.

Listening to the GOTY 2015 podcast for the first time. Man
Brad
is the worst.
Unless you wanted or expected him to fulfil his previously stereotypical role in GOTY podcasts, I disagree.

Brad was the antithesis of 'filibuster' Brad in the most recent GOTY deliberations. He was measured, considerate and an all-round excellent moderator.

The only time he went into Brad-buster mode was positioning an argument against Mario Maker. But even he knew that was a losing battle.

Fantastapotamus

Classic Brad in this Dying Light quick look. Spoiling the ending of the base game and dying all in about the first five minutes.

BIG SPOILER:
YOU KILL THE BAD GUY
Shocking, I know.

It's so funny to me how spoiler sensitive some people can be.
The ending of Dying Light is as shocking as the plot to a Mario game.

Unless you wanted or expected him to fulfil his previously stereotypical role in GOTY podcasts, I disagree.

Brad was the antithesis of 'filibuster' Brad in the most recent GOTY deliberations. He was measured, considerate and an all-round excellent moderator.

The only time he went into Brad-buster mode was positioning an argument against Mario Maker. But even he knew that was a losing battle.

Yeah, I feel like people kinda went in expecting something from Brad and their confirmation bias turned it into a self-fulfilling prophecy. He was fine, even during the final GOTY battle.

Xater

BIG SPOILER:
YOU KILL THE BAD GUY
Shocking, I know.

The only way the Dying Light ending is shocking is in how lame and predictable it is.

Also that game is old and this is an expansion set after it. I mean come on, you should expect spoilers.

I wouldn't even mind it so much if he at least threw a decent spoiler warning so i can skip ahead 15-30 seconds.

I also remember him just pretty much outing the main villain of Final Fantasy Type-0 when no one asked for that info.

Does the Giant Bomb QL Crew site have a filter for when brad, completely unprompted, just throws one of these out?

BIG SPOILER:
YOU KILL THE BAD GUY
Shocking, I know.

Normally I don't really give a shit (besides, I beat the game a while ago), but it's still the ending of a game. It's kind of shitty to just spoil it for pretty much no reason.

Isn't the Quick Look for a post-game expansion to Dying Light?

Yeah, but it's separate from the main game. You don't have to complete DL to play it.

Brashnir

Normally I don't really give a shit (besides, I beat the game a while ago), but it's still the ending of a game. It's kind of shitty to just spoil it for pretty much no reason.

The next Mario game hasn't been announced yet, but here's the super-secret ending spoiler:

Mario beats Bowser

Wunder

Yeah, but it's separate from the main game. You don't have to complete DL to play it.

It was so unnecessary too, just dropping it in twice for no real reason.

Fantastapotamus

I just don't get it. That game's been out for a while, the ending has nothing interesting or "shocking" to it even Rorie didn't care and he hasn't finished the game yet.
If Brad spoiled what happens to some characters in the game, that could be considered a spoiler but
the super evil bad guy dies
is really not a spoiler.
I just can't see anybody hearing this and thinking "OH man, I totally didn't expect THAT!"

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It was legit developed as one. The PC version's files refer to it as DW internally.
Taking away DI from Techland was probably one of the worst business decisions in recent years in the game industry that we know of. No idea wtf Deep Silver was thinking. They gave Dead Island 2 to Yager which was known for taking forever to make Spec Ops, had never made an open world game and now recently took it away from them, too. In the meantime Techland made Riptide and Dying Light.
From what I understand the success of Dead Island is actually what made Koch go bigger and into AAA development (that's why they bought Volition), but I'm pretty worried about them now.

Isn't the Quick Look for a post-game expansion to Dying Light?

i dont know, but you can do a post-game dlc QL without revealing how a game ends. And again, throw a spoiler warning up there and no one will be bothered. If he can't help himself then the least he can do is cover his ass, spoilerwise

I just don't get it. That game's been out for a while, the ending has nothing interesting or "shocking" to it even Rorie didn't care and he hasn't finished the game yet.
If Brad spoiled what happens to some characters in the game, that could be considered a spoiler but
the super evil bad guy dies
is really not a spoiler.
I just can't see anybody hearing this and thinking "OH man, I totally didn't expect THAT!"

If you look at Dead Island and Riptide, the endings aren't as simple as "
you kill the bad guy
," so I can see someone going into Dying Light being curious about the story since they don't come to expect the ultimately straightforward nature of DL's ending.

Fantastapotamus

If you look at Dead Island and Riptide, the endings aren't as simple as "
you kill the bad guy
," so I can see someone going into Dying Light being curious about the story since they don't come to expect the ultimately straightforward nature of DL's ending.

You could totally sum up the ending of DI like that. Nobody said the ending of DL is that simple.
But it is.
The only thing Brad said is that
the main bad guy dies
. Not how, why or where. Or really anything else about it. Maybe later on, I'm still watching the QL.

My argument is: People getting upset that Brad spoiled part of the super predictable ending of game that is a year old is hilarious to me.

it's more that brad is a repeat offender here so there's little leniency for his misbehavior these days

one day, Fantastapotamus, he'll spoil something you love. When that occurs, seek comfort elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom