• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

youd be better off skipping all of Dying Lights cutscenes instead of paying any attention to what can barely even be called a story

TraBuch

Banned
You know what? Dying Light is generic as fuck and I have no idea why Brad loves it so much. It's a slightly better Dead Island and the only time Dead Island was fun was during co-op.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
You know what? Dying Light is generic as fuck and I have no idea why Brad loves it so much. It's a slightly better Dead Island and the only time Dead Island was fun was during co-op.

I disagree. Dying Light is one of my favourite games of 2015.

Lingitiz

Yeah I thought the game was thoroughly mediocre. The parkour is pretty fun but I hate the melee combat and it never really clicked for me. By the time you start progressing and it gets better, you have guns already so that part of the game is moot.

The story was boring as shit and the final battle had me bust up laughing. So bad.

This is too cruel
Why do you want to prevent Jason from getting his daily Hyrule Warrior unlocks
It's the only way he'll learn!

[EDIT -
I wonder are they able to get their hands on a copy of Fragmental (Ruffian's 4 player competitive game) for UPF. It's hitting Early Access at the end of Feb.

Trailer - www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDddaMys57Q

Seems to be a fun one of those games, and a good fit for the show.
It's great and I beat the developers at it twice so it's twice as great! ]

justjim89

In Hitman I just did multiple things Brad and Dan were trying to do in the Unfinished.

-Sneak rat poison into target's drink (waiter disguise preferable)
-Target flees to bathroom
-Drown target in toilet.

Boom. It's really a fucking Hitman game.

In Hitman I just did multiple things Brad and Dan were trying to do in the Unfinished.

-Drown target in toilet.

This sounds like the true Blood Money successor I've been waiting for!

Hitman seems perfect for an episodic structure. The "story" in this series has rarely been little more than an excuse for 47 to jet set around to do badass shit in cool locations so as long as they give me a steady stream of THAT, I'm all in.

Lunar FC

-Drown target in toilet.

Really hope gb has a little series playing this game that way I don't have to buy it myself.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The best spoiler this week has to go to the Bombcast, though. There's almost nothing worthwhile in the Street Fighter V story except maybe which characters appear that aren't announced yet. Brad straight up yelling
"ORO IS IN THERE"
made me laugh out loud.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Matīss Iesalnieks
‏@miesals
@VinnyCaravella @alex_navarro @austin_walker a new mission badge for a new mission.

Cbm533gW4AUqNOk.png

lololol completely great

Myggen

Yeah, Dying Light might be generic but it plays so amazingly well. That's why I love it. Also lol at caring about Brad "spoiling" the ending of Dying Light in a QL of post game DLC. Come on now.

Generally I like durability in games, but in Dying Light & co. it feels completely out of place. I've never been able to stand them for more than a few hours--the sheer repetition they force players into is too much for me.

Dying Light is a huge improvement over Dead Island, though. The parkour and night stuff were great additions.
Cbm533gW4AUqNOk.png

lololol completely great

Incredible.

Project B.E.A.S.T. cannot be stopped.

Aside, I know not everyone here enjoys SBF but today they have just begun their playthrough of the Spike Lee Joint, NBA2K16 Livin' The Dream. With a strong start, if you wanted to see the entirety of that game's storyline, you may want to pay attention to their channel.

TraBuch

Banned
Aside, I know not everyone here enjoys SBF but today they have just begun their playthrough of the Spike Lee Joint, NBA2K16 Livin' The Dream. With a strong start, if you wanted to see the entirety of that game's storyline, you may want to pay attention to their channel.
I think I'd like them more if they weren't always going off on long tangents that have nothing to do with the game. And they go on and on. Then again, I probably wouldn't.

Teddified

I basically have done everything possible besides DLC in Fallout NV before entering the strip. I probably have a problem.

Now to finally enter the strip and do everything there before I confront Benny. Then I can save and do all the endings. I'm not looking forward to the Legion storyline.

I got to use the room-scale HTC Vive today. Now I can listen to those Bombcast VR conversations and actually know what the hell they're talking about.

My biggest takeaway is, "oh, I'm not gonna be able to afford something this good for like 5 years, huh"

Myggen

i dont know, but you can do a post-game dlc QL without revealing how a game ends. And again, throw a spoiler warning up there and no one will be bothered. If he can't help himself then the least he can do is cover his ass, spoilerwise

I'll throw it in here without a spoiler warning: The bad guy dies.

I doubt anyone will feel very spoiled.

Myggen

It's more that I can't stand his habit of just blurting out spoilers when often they're not solicited.

But if it's the least surprising spoiler in a game not about the story it shouldn't really be a big deal in this case, right? Especially when the QL is of content that you won't play if you haven't finished the game, or at least played as much of as you care to. Saying the bad guy dies in DL is about as important to the experience as saying that you eat some ghosts in Pac Man :p

Seems like you probably wouldn't have cared if anyone other than Brad did it, so at the end of the day you probably didn't care that much about the spoiler that isn't that much of a spoiler for a one year old game in a QL of post game content of said game.

I think I'd like them more if they weren't always going off on long tangents that have nothing to do with the game. And they go on and on. Then again, I probably wouldn't.

Not for not but it's weird of you to say this in the GB thread considering how often the podcasts can go sideways and how QLs can turn into secret wrestling or anime discussions.

But if it's the least surprising spoiler in a game not about the story it shouldn't really be a big deal in this case, right? Especially when the QL is of content that you won't play if you haven't finished the game, or at least played as much of as you care to.

Seems like you probably wouldn't have cared if anyone other than Brad did it, so at the end of the day you probably didn't care that much about the spoiler that isn't that much of a spoiler for a one year old game in a QL of post game content of said game.
I don't like the habit. No one else on the staff has that habit so if anyone else did it I wouldn't be as bothered as someone who has been habitual about it.

Like, sure, it's been a year since the game came out but you don't think there are some folks playing it for the first time now as the dlc has put the game in the spotlight? I'm waiting for it to get cheap on steam myself.

Myggen

I don't like the habit. No one else on the staff has that habit so if anyone else did it I wouldn't be as bothered as someone who has been habitual about it.

Like, sure, it's been a year since the game came out but you don't think there are some folks playing it for the first time now as the dlc has put the game in the spotlight? I'm waiting for it to get cheap on steam myself.

There's probably always some people who are playing a game for the first time, but I don't see many people going into DL one year after release for the first time just because some DLC was released tbh. But again, as someone who has played the game, trust me when I say that the "spoiler" isn't much of a spoiler and doesn't really matter. Knowing the bad guy dies in DL won't impact anyone's enjoyment of that game.

I like the maps that keep the correct scale by basically peeling a globe. The flat maps that screw up scale by just stretching the areas away from the equator are shit. They make Greenland look bigger than South America.

It's funny to hear people who have only used Siri, and how they're impressed by the extremely basic functionality of proper voice recognition software that has been on Android for years.

Dineren

Banned
There's probably always some people who are playing a game for the first time, but I don't see many people going into DL one year after release for the first time just because some DLC was released tbh. But again, as someone who has played the game, trust me when I say that the "spoiler" isn't much of a spoiler and doesn't really matter. Knowing the bad guy dies in DL won't impact anyone's enjoyment of that game.

To be fair, didn't they just release a remastered version of DL with all the DLC included? I would expect there to be a decent amount of people grabbing it for the first time. That said, it is a pretty minor and obvious spoiler.

Considering that they've not only put out a huge piece of DLC but also issued a huge patch it doesn't seem that crazy to think that there might be a decent number of people finally jumping in. I'd also agree that the spoiler is completely inconsequential but it was also completely unnecessary.

Myggen

Considering that they've not only put out a huge piece of DLC but also issued a huge patch it doesn't seem that crazy to think that there might be a decent number of people finally jumping in. I'd also agree that the spoiler is completely inconsequential but it was also completely unnecessary.

That it's completely inconsequental should be the key point here. It might be unnecessary to say, but it's such a minor thing for that game. I wouldn't personally put it in spoiler tags because I wouldn't even consider it a proper spoiler.

Anyways, going to bed. Looking forward to the archive after work tomorrow.

Xater

Yep, saw that earlier. Gonna watch it now. I am so excited to see this insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom