• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inverted mouse is super weird. I can almost understand the logic behind inverted stick. The whole stick is like the top of the character's head thing but mouse controls a pointer. I just can't picture the translation the brain would be doing.

exactly. I'm an inverted stick guy for that reason. I've also done some camerawork, and obviously if you're on a tripod, you push the stick "up" to make the camera look down, etc. I understand non-inverted, and that's fine, but the fact that people can't wrap their heads around inverted confuses me.

I think Drew had the same experience I did; early life experiences using a joystick were largely for flight games, and as such, inverted.

inverted mouse people are just crazy though

SZips

I like UPF. It's relaxing and low key. Feels like a nice way to end a week.

Exactly how I feel. I don't really get what's "wrong" with UPF in any form. Sure, not every game is super interesting, but for two hours at the end of each week it's guaranteed relaxation time.

Zocano

Most 3rd person games I use x-axis inverted. It's the default for a lot of games from the PS2 era so it's just something I have accrued.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Inverted mouse is super weird. I can almost understand the logic behind inverted stick. The whole stick is like the top of the character's head thing but mouse controls a pointer. I just can't picture the translation the brain would be doing.

I play with inverted controls on joystick and analog sticks, but not on a mouse because I'm not a crazy person. I also don't use inverted controls on games like Starfox or Rez.

Now, the real problem comes with the Steam controller. No inversion. Weird. Guess it really is more like a mouse.

Twenty years ago lakitu helped me visualize the camera versus character invert difference. Only takes a moment to adjust. And now the realization Super Mario 64 came out twenty years ago is setting in.

There's a large player group of explorers in Elite Dangerous that are currently making the trip across the entire galaxy. It's player organized and the expedition is called Distant Worlds. They apparently just reached the Supermassive Black Hole in the center of the Milky Way, Sagittarius A*. Here's a really great video of one instance with 52 CMDRs (an incredibly rare instance). Be sure to watch them jump to the next system. I think it's pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I9Bl2bsObA&feature=youtu.be

Gaffer Mengy is among them and he's the one that posted this in the Elite OT.

Here's the Distant Worlds route and plan. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=198085

They've been going since the middle of January. 5K light years a week, which is actually a pretty leisurely pace.

Was the previous one full price aswell?

I have no idea. It's pretty cheap on amazon but that's no way to tell if it launched at 60.

But I kept watching UPF and my god there are so many hats. I don't know why I'm always so compelled to spend money on games that have hats.

(hats being just an umbrella term for lots of cosmetic items for your character)

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the Dying Light quicklook... I don't know if it's my PC that has issues with the player or that game has fucking terrible framerate on PS4.

yami4ct

Fire Emblem Fates is really, really good, guys. I'm not even through the shared intro and I can't believe how improved the map design is. The map alteration mechanics are really strategically interesting.

This looks like a real winner.

Fire Emblem Fates is really, really good, guys. I'm not even through the shared intro and I can't believe how improved the map design is. The map alteration mechanics are really strategically interesting.

I really like the pair up mechanic in it too. I'm also kinda addicted to checking out random people's castles on the internet.

I'm glad there's nothing i want to play in March since this and SFV are gonna keep me busy for months at least (well SF for years anyway). Spring Break is gonna be too good.

You don't choose the amiibo life
CboiJ30UMAAqu9J.jpg:large

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Dunno what you guys are talking about. I'm enjoying this UPF. This Iranian game is interesting as just proof how far reaching western games have gotten, that and some of it is technically impressive. It may use a lot of modified UE4 assets but they're used well and accomplish what they're going for fairly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom