• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dunno what you guys are talking about. I'm enjoying this UPF. This Iranian game is interesting as just proof how far reaching western games have gotten, that and some of it is technically impressive. It may use a lot of modified UE4 assets but they're used well and accomplish what they're going for fairly well.

I thought those parts were fine, but then brad and jeff brought out PvZ and tron respectively.

Hihi giddy Jeff Bakalar on the third ep of Puzzle of Flesh, what a cutie

Wish Bakalar was on more streams. But he is doing what he is doing at CNET.
masOGdp.gif

Lunar FC

Love how whenever you see a game that has a gun with a holographic sight the game is instantly compared to killzone regardless of anything else.

yami4ct

What's the weirder MMO, Eve Online or Second Life

Second Life is certainly 'weirder'. Shit goes down there that even I, a person familiar with the worst of the internet, would expect. I would say Eve is crazier, though. The depth of the economy and just how much people are attached to it are insane. Insane in a cool way, but still insane.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, something about the textures and lighting are very evocative of killzone also.

Not to mention the over-use of awful post-processing camera effects. I hate when first-person games treat the screen like it's an actual camera, unless it's like a Metroid Prime situation or something and your field of view is actually diegetic.

Strax

Ye, that's right. I think I got it with ps+ or something.

I shared the same sentiment as Jeff with that game. After about 5 hours I was done with it.

I'm pretty sure they gave away copies after some time.

I also thought it was XBox One only but after looking it up I was wrong.

Lijik

brad made the same observation i made the last time they showed off this tron game that it needs to be twice as fast.

maybe it gets that way in later levels or something

ThomasCro

Hey guys, I know this may sound a bit strange. My RL friends aren't into games the way I am. I got them into Rocket League, and we play twice a week for a few matches and that's about it.

Now, with The Division beta available, I noticed I have no one to play it with in a group.

So before I plunge myself into some darker corners of the web looking for groups I thought maybe some duders are up for some steam friendships and future gaming sessions?

Steam: thomascro

Scizzy

Dan's giant glass full of Jim Beam in that Twilight Princess picture is remarkable. Just a man, his Zelda, his whiskey, and his 'bos.

Strax

Okay so this is the part where we're just saying things now.

👀

Like the hate for it was dumb but this is uhh

I didn't even like the first season compared to a lot of the praise it got(thought Fargo season 1 was far superior in the same year), but this is just absolutely insane.

Everything about season 1 of TD was done better then season 2 of TD on a technical level. It had everything going for it.
Except for characters.

Rustin spitting that mad faux-intellectual bullshit and Martins only character trait was being a cheating husband.

Sooooo boring.

I agree with you on Fargo, it was miles ahead of TD 1 & 2

Everything about season 1 of TD was done better then season 2 of TD on a technical level. It had everything going for it.
Except for characters.

Rustin spitting that mad faux-intellectual bullshit and Martins only character trait was being a cheating husband.

Sooooo boring.

I agree with you on Fargo, it was miles ahead of TD 1 & 2

But what about that writing? Kitch is nothing but a plot device that's given tiny bits of cliche character. The structure is so identical to season 1 that in both seasons they meet the killer without knowing in the same episode as both season and there is a time skip with them seemingly solving the case in the same episode. Vince Vaughn's story overall is just hilarious, so much so that
he dies with his greed in his wound
. I just hate the writing overall of season 2 so damn much. Season 1 had subtlety at the very least, it hinted at more while focusing on a small case. Season 2 hit you so much over the head with the behind the scenes stuff that the main case became so pointless in the end that when the killer was revealed there was nothing to feel other than disappointment.

Season 2 just makes me so irritated.

Frith

Hey guys, I know this may sound a bit strange. My RL friends aren't into games the way I am. I got them into Rocket League, and we play twice a week for a few matches and that's about it.

Now, with The Division beta available, I noticed I have no one to play it with in a group.

So before I plunge myself into some darker corners of the web looking for groups I thought maybe some duders are up for some steam friendships and future gaming sessions?

sorry no one has responded but we don't play games in this thread we talk about tv, hanime and wrestling, games are off topic playing them is just weird.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
You mean a Big amiiBo?

i do mean that

Edit:

I am now 212th in devil daggers

I dunno if the guys realised it or if it's obvious, but ya gotta let off the shooting to suck the power ups towards you. This is key. Around the first big bug dude you should be powered up.

I'm dl'ing now, but will try to get in some time with it later today and tomorrow
Steam: Sproutella

Xater

sorry no one has responded but we don't play games in this thread we talk about tv, hanime and wrestling, games are off topic playing them is just weird.

I only did not respond because I have been playing on PS4. After the having played the second beta I still have the same question marks in my head when it comes to this game. I am super curious for review time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom