• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
It's gonna be a giant bomb Best Short-Time Game 2016 contender.

I felt like it might not be worth it but I've played 2 hrs so far and really enjoy it.

Quenk

I saw lifeformed on the leaderboard for DD. He did the soundtrack to dustforce so I wonder if he was involved in the sound for DD as well

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
That Devil Daggers game seems real good. Not $5 good but $2 maybe.

well I spent five bucks. you should too.

I wonder how many steam games have benefited from the "Giant Bomb Touch".

How has Giant Bomb touched you?

Xater

Please show us on this teddy bear:

1411-lt-brown-teddy-bgzo9a.jpg

I bought Persona 4 and Deadly Premonition because of Giant Bomb.

And I've got some hot couch multiplayer game tips from them of course, like Gang Beasts.

TraBuch

Banned
I bought Punch Club because I thought it looked fairly interesting on UPF. That game has some serious flaws and I regret my purchase.

I bought Punch Club because I thought it looked fairly interesting on UPF. That game has some serious flaws and I regret my purchase.

Yep, same here but thankfully I came to that realization within the Steam refund window.

Jackbox, Grow Home, and Pony Island are the games I can think off of the top of my head that I bought after seeing them in GB content. I'm sure there are others, too.

Just a bit of cross posting from the Japan travel thread, but there's a bit of a price war going on between United and Delta. If any duders here are looking to visit Japan there a dirt cheap prices are to be had. I just bought tickets last night, non-stop O'Hare to Tokyo for $440 (after using my credit card reward points I only paid $75).

GB made me check out Warframe and given the hours i have placed in it so far that suggestion was both a blessing and a curse.

This reminds me I tried out that Marvel FTP game because of Jeff. Didn't end up getting into it, those sort of FTP models always seem to overwhelm me at a certain point and they turn me right off the games.

I'm now two UPFs behind =/

So one(?) interesting game behind.

AcridMeat

Banned
well I spent five bucks. you should too.

I wonder how many steam games have benefited from the "Giant Bomb Touch".

Definitely wouldn't have thought twice about Divekick if not for their coverage/knowing who Dave Lang is. I even bodied Jeff on a stream once!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I've bought games that they've played, but not necessarily because they played them? Like the first time Gang Beasts was on I had downloaded it before their first fight ended. That beta had about twelve total downloads before Vinny showed it off on UPF, but I would have gotten it no matter who introduced it to me.

As far as games I bought only because somebody on staff strongly recommended them, I could build a Cyberpunk category in Steam now and that's all Austin's fault. Divekick is definitely another good example that I probably wouldn't have bought if they hadn't talked about it as much as they did.

On the opposite side I avoided Downwell because I thought it looked bad in GB videos until I had it repeatedly recommended by friends.

AcridMeat

Banned
I just remembered that Roller Disco Derby Dodgeball game that they played once I bought immediately. I don't regret it as it's fun, but man the community died fast after that.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I missed the very start of UPF because I was fudging with my phone trying to get the stream working right. This Australia discussion is hilarious. How many emails will "Well they were all British once" generate?

The first two games that come to mind that GB sold me are devil daggers (obviously) and mount your friends. Mount your friends was such a good purchase. The Nuclear Throne QL also sold me on that, but I had been aware of it before.

Finally watching the Witness w/ Jon Blow video, this is great.

I'd be way into a running series of devs coming in to talk at length about their games post-release. Giant Bomb Commentary Track or something. (I guess this is kind of what Double Fine / 2PP's Devs Play series is. I also guess not many games would be as interesting as The Witness to dive into.)

Euro Truck 2 and Dark Souls are two games I bought because of Giant Bomb. Though my purchase is more to support the games because I haven't played them.

Oh and Contradiction and Read Only Memories too.

Cook Serve as well.

Catvoca

Banned
That Jonathan Blow video is probably my favourite piece of content on the site since Game of The Year. I could listen to Blow talk for hours, and Jeff and Brad bounced off him really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom