• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished the first arrow pointing down podcast. I love how they end by saying no one is gonna care about the off topic stuff they talk about like gatorade and outdated HD-DVDs.

Also this next episode. Wow Alex sounds sooooo different.

Finished the first arrow pointing down podcast. I love how they end by saying no one is gonna care about the off topic stuff they talk about like gatorade and outdated HD-DVDs.

Wait til Brad joins the podcast. Sounds sooo different.

Draxyle

Neo Member

Yea, Brad too. I only joined Giantbomb a few years after they started and I've begun going through all the old podcasts for the first time. I didn't realize how long Giantbomb was just a Jeff and Ryan blog (and a drink testing podcast) before they became an actual site.

Nice to finally get the timetable of where everyone went after the Gamespot exodus sorted out in my head too; kind of amazing that Rorie and Alex managed to end up back at Giantbomb in retrospect.

Those podcasts are breaking my head with new game releases though. I refused to believe that GB pre-dates Alpha Protocol, Deadspace, Mirror's Edge, and other such titles.

Frith

so j blow was ment to be on some indie stream but there was a technical thing

any way the point is look at the production on this stream with 200 people watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVJk50VOQW4

3 channles a tonnes youtube gaming celebs ive never heard of but when i look at thier twitter its a quater mil

i'm so fucking old and this is maddness its like some one is just burning money

so j blow was ment to be on some indie stream but there was a technical thing

His Twitter comments about it were pretty weird:

W3kghxh.png

Frith

His Twitter comments about it were pretty weird:

W3kghxh.png

oh weird i've worked on one of these "google throws money at youtube content" things in the past i wonder if it was the terms and conditions thing you have to sign up for to get in.

i remember being pointed at a nightmare machine that took my photo and made me sign a software style user agreement before i could enter the studio.

they were wearing google glass and everything it was an odd day. i think jeff would have loved its awfulness.

edit: yup

@Jonathan_Blow : They would not let me in the building unless I signed an overly-broad, fascist rights revocation.

@Jonathan_Blow : It's not crazy ... It was definitely a "fuck you" contract of the kind I just wouldn't sign.

I don't know how I'm gonna feel about that.

Okay so your post got me curious and I decided to listen to an old Bombcast (06-24-2008) while I made dinner. Two choice bits:

- They talk about the QTEs in Bourne Conspiracy and Brad pipes up with "So is that the nomenclature we're going with? 'Quick time events'?"

- Brad claims that the DualShock 3 is "probably a better controller" than the 360 controller and nobody disagrees.

Meneses

I hope Jeff reviews Twilight Princess HD and changes the rating system to give it a revised 8.9.

Also, Quick Looks made me buy Hotline Miami, Cook Serve Delicious and Crypt of the Necrodancer (there may be more, can't remember now).

JJDubz

I hope Jeff reviews Twilight Princess HD and changes the rating system to give it a revised 8.9.

Also, Quick Looks made me buy Hotline Miami, Cook Serve Delicious and Crypt of the Necrodancer (there may be more, can't remember now).

He should review it and give it an 9.8. Then update the review to an 8.8 after a couple of days with an edit explaining that he accidentally put a 9 in place of an 8.

Also, Deadly Daggers is the quickest I've ever learned about and bought a game.

daydream

Banned
the early podcasts are amazing, probably the best pieces of casted gaming pods along with some beastcast eps and early idle thumbs

Tubobutts

Fire Emblem is pretty good even though I still haven't rubbed anyone yet you guys.
Hopefully the quick look will cover face rubbing.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

Nah, it deserves an 8.7

Okay so your post got me curious and I decided to listen to an old Bombcast (06-24-2008) while I made dinner. Two choice bits:

- They talk about the QTEs in Bourne Conspiracy and Brad pipes up with "So is that the nomenclature we're going with? 'Quick time events'?"

- Brad claims that the DualShock 3 is "probably a better controller" than the 360 controller and nobody disagrees.

Brad may not be leaving, and he may not be bad at games, but he does know his shit about controllers.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Pro-tip: Don't smother your DS3. It's not meant to be gripped, more rest in your hands. It's like a DS.

Brashnir

Pro-tip: Don't smother your DS3. It's not meant to be gripped, more rest in your hands. It's like a DS.

Except it was perfectly ergonomically designed to be gripped back before the analog sticks were added. They added the sticks, but never adjusted the grip ergonomics until the PS4 came out.

Myggen

oh weird i've worked on one of these "google throws money at youtube content" things in the past i wonder if it was the terms and conditions thing you have to sign up for to get in.

i remember being pointed at a nightmare machine that took my photo and made me sign a software style user agreement before i could enter the studio.

they were wearing google glass and everything it was an odd day. i think jeff would have loved its awfulness.

edit: yup

@Jonathan_Blow : They would not let me in the building unless I signed an overly-broad, fascist rights revocation.

@Jonathan_Blow : It's not crazy ... It was definitely a "fuck you" contract of the kind I just wouldn't sign.

What kind of terms and conditions are we typically talking about here?

Jintor

Running a dungeon world game because of Austin.

Can't count the number of games qls have tipped me over into buy, but probably the same amount as I was turned off buying because of qls

the size isnt even the main problem I have with the DS3. It's mostly the godawful "triggers" and the terrible no-good analog sticks that always seem to have a deadzone the size of jupiter.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Do you not listen to Idle Thumbs?

No, what little I've listened to of that does remind me a bit of this though. For some reason I really can't stand most gaming podcasts where people try to sound smart about videogames. Because usually they fail. Because sounding smart without a script is hard. Austin's usually on point but he seemed dead set to dislike The Witness because of Reasons.

Noaloha

Crate and Crowbar is my favourite, um, let's call it 'analytic' podcast. That has a lot to do with their strict structure (on most episodes) in which a single participant is given fifteen minutes or so to simply monologue about game design as it applies to a game they've been playing that week.

Frith

What kind of terms and conditions are we typically talking about here?

it was over a year ago i cant remember much beyond it feeling pretty dystopian in that modern fuck you with a smile kind of way as i was ushered to a kind of lawyer/security card atm

i vaguely remember there was a couple of overly broad bits about owning anything you do say or think while on the premises that i was kinda concerned about signing but i was only there to help out a friend on his shoot so i sucked it up. i got the impression they thought it was weird i was reading it.

some release forms just suck though when there intent is just securing right to broadcast when ever where ever, i try to use a very plain language one thats specific about usage for each project and that cuts down on the worried questions.

2012... was it really that long ago? Have we reached the point where GB has been with CBSi for over half of its existence?

Not quite. It'll pass that threshold next month. With Whisky Media: March 6th, 2008 (or July 21, 2008 when the full site launched) to March 14th, 2012 (1469 days). With CBSi: March 15th, 2012- present.

So, if I'm right, on Wednesday, March 24th, 2016, Giant Bomb will have been with CBSi (1470 days) longer than they were with Whisky Media (1469 days).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom