• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
As disproportionately angry as people got at it, Lightning as a fashion model makes perfect sense. Her character is awful, but her design is spot on.

Hey now.

I'm sure there are some perfectly nice fashion models out there, if they didn't have to because literal goddesses of the world.

yami4ct

Hey now.

I'm sure there are some perfectly nice fashion models out there, if they didn't have to because literal goddesses of the world.

Hey, my comment totally did read that way! I shouldn't post at 2 AM.

I meant that FF fans get super angry at anything Lightning because of her character, but her design works. As a thing to sell clothes, that's what matters. I didn't mean to imply fashion models are awful like Lightning.

demidar

It may not be based around fashion, but Resonance of Fate has extensive fashion options. As well as Nolan North starring as a JRPG protag.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't actually want fashion as a mechanic though, I want fashion to be the whole point.

Maybe like toriko, where you hunt monsters to craft your fashion pieces?

Which is basically monster hunter now that I think about it.

But monster hunter with haute couture.

To be fair, Lightning being a model is plausible, canon-wise.

>_>

I'm trying to push myself through the FF13 games just so that I can see this nonsense for myself.
I don't actually want fashion as a mechanic though, I want fashion to be the whole point.

Maybe like toriko, where you hunt monsters to craft your fashion pieces?

Which is basically monster hunter now that I think about it.

But monster hunter with haute couture.

I'd be kind of into this

yami4ct

Fire Emblem is one of those games I cannot stop playing. It's definitely going to be one of those 'whoops, It's 4AM now games'. I didn't feel this with Awakening. Map design is leagues ahead. Story seems meh so far, but everything else is so aces it doesn't matter.

This is on Birthright too. Conquest going to be a dream.

demidar

Fire Emblem is one of those games I cannot stop playing. It's definitely going to be one of those 'whoops, It's 4AM now games'. I didn't feel this with Awakening. Map design is leagues ahead. Story seems meh so far, but everything else is so aces it doesn't matter.

This is on Birthright too. Conquest going to be a dream.

I wanna play Fire Emblem too, but I just came off XCOM 2 and I'm now training in SF V as a palette cleanser.

tumblr_o208qwjAG61ugsx1xo1_500.gif

tumblr_o03fpiyTso1ugsx1xo1_500.gif

games bought because of giant bomb:
contradiction
american truck simulator
firewatch
until dawn
tharsis
kerbal space program
rebel galaxy
hacknet
life is strange