• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

vx3PxLC.png

Xater

I haven't watched the video, but The Last Samurai is alright. certainly better than it has any right to be.

His reaction was just a very meek "Uhuh".

That film has issues, even if we ignore the big elephant in the room that is the white savior storyline.

His reaction was just a very meek "Uhuh".

hat film has issues, even if we ignore the big elephant in the room that is the white savior storyline.

but it's also surprisingly well filmed and Ken Watanabe was pretty great in it. I'm not trying to defend it any further than saying "it doesn't completely suck" though

Dan and Austin's a pretty good combo.

dude goes on to refer to Microsoft as M$ so you can tell he's not the type to thrive on forums populated by people who aren't idiots

then again we are using NeoGAF to talk about GB instead of their own forums so who knows

Xater

but it's also surprisingly well filmed and Ken Watanabe was pretty great in it. I'm not trying to defend it any further than saying "it doesn't completely suck" though

It's pretty, but I don't think it has much else to offer. I can see Watanabe doing god work elsewhere.

Myggen

dude goes on to refer to Microsoft as M$ so you can tell he's not the type to thrive on forums populated by people who aren't idiots

then again we are using NeoGAF to talk about GB instead of their own forums so who knows

Regardless of how you view the GB forums, using communities outside of the site (Reddit, PA, SA, GAF) to talk about GB makes sense because a catch all GB thread doesn't really make sense on the site itself.

Xater

Regardless of how you view the GB forums, using communities outside of the site (Reddit, PA, SÅ, GAF) to talk about GB makes sense because a catch all GB thread doesn't really make sense on the site itself.

Also the GB forums don't seem that bad. The way you can easily talk about specific games games, because they are tied to the wiki, is actually kinda cool.

Maybe it's because I very recently got a SEGA Saturn for the first time, but the only thing I can think of when I see the new Fire Emblem's multiple releases is that they're totally biting off of Shining Force III.

There is a Pokemon Picross? Man that's cool.

I'm gonna say this because I know this is a save place: I think Picross would make a great mobile franchise for Nintendo.

there is. it's free to play/ "free to start" but it's less sinister than it sounds. like, it actually has an upper limit of what they'll even let you spend on it before the whole thing is unlocked ($32, but you can probably beat it for less), and there's hundreds of puzzles apparently

and yeah, I'd love phone picross.

Bowlie

Banned
there is. it's free to play/ "free to start" but it's less sinister than it sounds. like, it actually has an upper limit of what they'll even let you spend on it before the whole thing is unlocked ($32, but you can probably beat it for less), and there's hundreds of puzzles apparently

I spent $20 on it and played during three weeks until I beat it; it was really worth it.

Xater

So they are just letting you buy it piece meal or can you play it completely for free as well?

Bowlie

Banned
So they are just letting you buy it piece meal or can you play it completely for free as well?

It would take months for you to complete it without spending any money. The game is divided by "routes", as in Pokémon, and each route costs X coins. Without spending, the only way to get more coins is to do a daily challenge.

You would have to do this daily challenge several times to buy some of the last, most expensive routes.

Xater

It would take months for you to complete it without spending any money. The game is divided by "routes", as in Pokémon, and each route costs X coins. Without spending, the only way to get more coins is to do a daily challenge.

You would have to do this daily challenge several times to buy some of the last, most expensive routes.

I see. Well if the amount of puzzles shakes out to that of a full Picross game, the prices you mentioned are not that bad.

Bowlie

Banned
I see. Well if the amount of puzzles shakes out to that of a full Picross game, the prices you mentioned are not that bad.

I started the game and counted: there's 309 puzzles of varied sizes with ~10 pokémon per route, plus 2 80x80 puzzles you'll be doing as you progress, plus the same 309 puzzles but using Mega Picross logic, like an alternate mode.

Xater

I started the game and counted: there's 309 puzzles of varied sizes with ~10 pokémon per route, plus 2 80x80 puzzles you'll be doing as you progress, plus the same 309 puzzles but using Mega Picross logic, like an alternate mode.

That sounds like a full Picross game to me.

I spent $20 on it and played during three weeks until I beat it; it was really worth it.

Oh wow, that's good to know. I was really enjoying it up until I hit the F2P wall and figured it would just be bullshit pricing from there. If all it takes is $20, I'm back in.

Nishastra

Banned
Literally anyone can delete Youtube comments.

Thumbs-downs are invisible, but still tracked. If a comment has some number of thumbs-downs and someone reports it for anything, it's instantly deleted.

Bowlie

Banned
Oh wow, that's good to know. I was really enjoying it up until I hit the F2P wall and figured it would just be bullshit pricing from there. If all it takes is $20, I'm back in.

Yeah, and I had ~300 coins after unlocking the last route. I was doing missions/achievements/daily challenges during those three weeks and thus didn't have to grind for more.

Zaph

Thumbs-downs are invisible, but still tracked. If a comment has some number of thumbs-downs and someone reports it for anything, it's instantly deleted.

Huh, I didn't know that. I thought the invisible downvotes just push them to the bottom.

Or that user deleted it themselves? I don't know how youtube comments work because I don't want to sign up for G+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom