• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said! Reading that helped me understand my own disappointment with the game.

They should have committed one way or the other. Is this a big conspiracy/mystery/sci-fi story? Is this a personal story of love, loss, and self-discovery? Naw, it's neither.

The fact that they tried to juggle the personal story with the mystery really dragged the game down, by the time the credits rolled I didn't feel like I'd actually received a satisfying conclusion for either and it just felt like both elements got in the way of each other.

Lunar FC

I don't like choosing, so I'm getting both.

I'm going to have to assemble a pluses and minuses list to make a dicision.

Same here. Everybody talked as if it's >$1,000. Including two motion controllers at launch is another advantage.

Waiting to see if the PS4 VR Morpheus...I forgot the official name...is significantly cheaper, as an entry option before going full on with VR. On top of the VR equipment my PC needs an overhaul.

Playstation VR. Have to imagine it would be $299-399.

Frith

i really like post processing

i hate the idea that everything is clean polygons all the time

i loved the film grain in mass effect i think everything (obviously not everything chill out pedants) should have film grain or some other post processing to help smush out the edges of things.

when i'm making motion graphics i will always finish with a pass to just fuck it up a little it makes things feel good. tiny bit of blurry chromatic, edge softness an imperceptible vignette.

i'm kinda saddened that the only acceptable way to have good graphics is 4k multi sampling or whatever the pc insanos bang on about. yeah great the aliasing is good but i don't even want to see that straight line, nothing is straight in real life.
its like a meme now

seriously even crisp low polly can be better with a grade and some subtle grain.

yes i'm a monster burn me

i yeah great the aliasing is good but i don't even want to see that straight line, nothing is straight in real life.

I kind of agree with much of what you're saying, but this doesn't make any sense. Anti-aliasing doesn't just apply to straight lines, and it certainly doesn't make curved lines straight.

Myggen

2827487-gb.jpg

i loved the film grain in mass effect i think everything (obviously not everything chill out pedants) should have film grain or some other post processing to help smush out the edges of things.

when i'm making motion graphics i will always finish with a pass to just fuck it up a little it makes things feel good. tiny bit of blurry chromatic, edge softness an imperceptible vignette.

i'm kinda saddened that the only acceptable way to have good graphics is 4k multi sampling or whatever the pc insanos bang on about. yeah great the aliasing is good but i don't even want to see that straight line, nothing is straight in real life.
its like a meme now

seriously even crisp low polly can be better with a grade and some subtle grain.

I mean, you said it yourself: You "fuck it up" when you add post-processing.

Anti-aliasing is maybe the only setting I actually care about. More and more, I find myself turning everything down or off, then putting the shit in 4K. Does it look like a Dreamcast game? Maybe, but you know what? Dreamcast games are pretty fucking cool.

Frith

I kind of agree with much of what you're saying, but this doesn't make any sense. Anti-aliasing doesn't just apply to straight lines, and it certainly doesn't make curved lines straight.

i know sorry that was unclear antialiasing is great stuff (and i'm literally making a 4k version on and animation right now becase im using an effect chain that has no alasasing so im having to force it by multisampling my self) i just mean that once you have this perfect ideal of crisp polygons unless thats the style your going for (say in low polly) i'm not in to it on straight lines.

in that geometry isnt always going have enough polygons to get rid of the straight lines on objects and post processing can help that a with a bit of a smoosh.

i know sorry that was unclear antialiasing is great stuff (and i'm literally making a 4k version on and animation right now becase im using an effect chain that has no alasasing so im having to force it by multisampling my self) i just mean that once you have this perfect ideal of crisp polygons unless thats the style your going for (say in low polly) i'm not in to it on straight lines.

in that geometry isnt always going have enough polygons to get rid of the straight lines on objects and post processing can help that a with a bit of a smoosh.

Ohh ok I understand what you meant.

I mean, you said it yourself: You "fuck it up" when you add post-processing.

Anti-aliasing is maybe the only setting I actually care about. More and more, I find myself turning everything down or off, then putting the shit in 4K. Does it look like a Dreamcast game? Maybe, but you know what? Dreamcast games are pretty fucking cool.

I don't care if a 2016 game looks like a launch Saturn game if it runs >60fps

its like a meme now

I don't think anyone's saying that any post-processing is bad. Some games just go way overboard with that, even affecting the playability either by introducing latency or just making things difficult to see.

I didn't mind the grain in Mass Effect even though it's a fairly heavy effect. But Bloodborne's chromatic aberration makes me not want to look at the game, and so does the shit they have going on in Dying Light. It's not exactly a good sign when the first thing I thought of when I saw the QL was that there's something wrong with the capture or encoding.

Zoggy

so austin said he paid for his own flight to sf for the tactics anime quicklook eh?

he used his student loan money (probably from the government) to talk about nerds with swords.

your tax dollars at work people

so austin said he paid for his own flight to sf for the tactics anime quicklook eh?

he used his student loan money (probably from the government) to talk about nerds with swords.

yeah

they're already spending my disposable income to not do premium features, least they can do is not use the rest of my money to talk about their anime chess bullshit

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's why we must enact a flat tax so smoochers like Austin don't get to abuse our money.

Make America great again people.

Frith

I didn't mind the grain in Mass Effect even though it's a fairly heavy effect. But Bloodborne's chromatic aberration makes me not want to look at the game, and so does the shit they have going on in Dying Light. It's not exactly a good sign when the first thing I thought of when I saw the QL was that there's something wrong with the capture or encoding.

i nearly said that i loved the bloodborne ca but thought it would just get me murdered

the middle of the screen is all shitty pixels the edges look sweet as fuck all weird and blurry

i know i'm bad

my perfect game https://xra.itch.io/memory-of-a-broken-dimension

Zaph

This is a joke, right? Sometimes it's hard to tell with gaf.

QL was obviously Skype'd.

yeah

they're already spending my disposable income to not do premium features, least they can do is not use the rest of my money to talk about their anime chess bullshit

It's blowing my mind that Fobwashed thought these were serious posts

The amount of people on Twitter who assigned legitimacy to Zoggy's comment about tax dollars being used for a fake airplane flight is simultaneously startling and fucking hilarious.

tuxfool

Banned
HAHA now that they've got their guard down I can drop the veil and reveal that I wasn't being serious about not being serious

I'm the Revolver Ocelot of being a shithead on the Internet

It is quite a shithead thing to do, to consider yourself a Revolver Ocelot.

Shithead status checks out.

Fobwashed

It's blowing my mind that Fobwashed thought these were serious posts

If it was a goof, it was played pretty damn straight faced. Not knowing the person who wrote it, I'd have no way of knowing which way it went. Either way, it was a pretty ridiculous thing to say. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

skynidas

Banned
If it was a goof, it was played pretty damn straight faced. Not knowing the person who wrote it, I'd have no way of knowing which way it went. Either way, it was a pretty ridiculous thing to say. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

what do you mean if? you are still not convinced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom