• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

If it was a goof, it was played pretty damn straight faced. Not knowing the person who wrote it, I'd have no way of knowing which way it went. Either way, it was a pretty ridiculous thing to say. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is a really, really weird thing to say in a Giant Bomb thread. This is the kind of humor that underlies Giant Bomb itself.

Can't go on Twitter right now, I'll just check the aftermath tomorrow.
i nearly said that i loved the bloodborne ca but thought it would just get me murdered

the middle of the screen is all shitty pixels the edges look sweet as fuck all weird and blurry

i know i'm bad

my perfect game https://xra.itch.io/memory-of-a-broken-dimension
They played that on a UPF at some point, right? I don't mind stuff like that, at least there's a.. point (?) to that mess. I also watch demos and obviously post processing is in a big role in those.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
If it was a goof, it was played pretty damn straight faced. Not knowing the person who wrote it, I'd have no way of knowing which way it went. Either way, it was a pretty ridiculous thing to say. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol cut your losses dude. We're in Giant Bomb gaf, it's reasonable to assume people here know Austin didn't ACTUALLY fly to SF for a Quick Look. Eat some crow.

also why would you tweet that to Austin anyway? Win some brownie points?

Senpai has forgiven you:

wUujY4F.png

And let's put the pitchforks down, folks.

lol cut your losses dude. We're in Giant Bomb gaf, it's reasonable to assume people here know Austin didn't ACTUALLY fly to SF for a Quick Look. Eat some crow.

also why would you tweet that to Austin anyway? Win some brownie points?

Alright, hear me out. How amazing would it be if they, somewhere down the line, actually did fly Austin out for the sole purpose of a one-off quick look with no fanfare?

Also, maybe ease up on him a bit. We're all just screwing around, nobody's actually catching feelings.

It is quite a shithead thing to do, to consider yourself a Revolver Ocelot.

Shithead status checks out.

been laughing far harder than I should be at the phrase "shithead status"

man, if there was ever a tag to fish for

fob are you for real right now

Dude, look at my avatar. That is the straightest face there is on this forum.

Myggen

and that a majority of the people on twitter thought they were serious too.

When taking completely out of context I don't find that very hard to believe. If I didn't know this thread I would probably believe a comment like that to be sincere with no context.

Jeff's playing so well!

And just as I said that the server failed to send the results against a Ryu that had twice as many points. Sort your shit already Capcom!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
First match Jeff finishes and the data upload of course doesn't work. Game is still on fire.
I think it's more sinister than that. If you quit the game, the results don't get uploaded. So it could just be salty losers because his loss was uploaded fine in between two server failures.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
You don't win by default if someone rage quits?
I don't know what happens when you do it in the middle of the fight, but if quit out of the game between the upload and the end of the match it apparently doesn't record the loss.

No. They also get no punishment for disconnects. Wonderful system from Capcom.
There is this wonderful game called UMvC3 that handled these cases. :p

Xater

I think it's more sinister than that. If you quit the game, the results don't get uploaded. So it could just be salty losers because his loss was uploaded fine in between two server failures.

So is everyone doing that right now? That also seems unlikely.

Yeah it's hard to take anyone's LP and wins/losses seriously at this point with the way servers are atm. People can just quit without losing their streak/points and there's probably plenty of shitty players with thousands of points atm.

Myggen

I don't know what happens when you do it in the middle of the fight, but if quit out of the game between the upload and the end of the match it apparently doesn't record the loss.

How is it even possible for Capcom to allow for something like that, holy shit.

Jeff really needs to stop sweeping that close to an opponent since it's super easy to punish. That's a really bad habit.

OOOOH HO HO HO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom