• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
going to do a mad prediction and say that a new mpp is happening in the next two weeks

and by prediction i mean wishful thinking

and by wishful thinking i mean no way that is happening ohgodwhereisthecontentiamdying

MGScanlon has progressed.

2cE5ART.png

What is life but an illusion projected by our wishful, deluded minds?

isn't that what life is

deluding yourself with your imagination

wishful thinking of what you hope will happen faced with the stark realism of what is happening

becoming an endless cycle where you hope the next day is the day that changes everything, the day where everything you hoped and dream will happen. Where you will finally be able to fulfill and stand up to your aspirations, where you will say 'I quit' to the monotonous day-to-day life that you already live in, and finally stride out to make a life worth living. Only to find out that yet again, it was just you imagining things again, just another fantasy within an ocean of mirages that continue to wash over you, like the wings of a butterfly which continue to twist and turn within the hurricane.

I think the Taken King has really been the only thing Giant Bomb really sold me on. Brad talking about how good it was on the bombcast pushed me to Gamestop that same day.

Fobwashed

Woof.

I'm not a regular here but do drop by to see what's happening and when I saw that post, I thought it was hilarious in how wrong it was. In hindsight, Piston's response was more jokey but man, that OP hit me like "Whaaaat?". The internet is a wonderful place but it also has a lot of misinformed ppl and I legit thought the OP was serious. So thinking it was real (since I don't know the duder and/or his sense of humor) I shared it w/Austin because it was so wild. I send dumb shit his way all the time, this was no different imo.

Just like I don't know ppl here too well, maybe some of ya'll don't know me. I post a lotta dumb shit on twitter. In this case I specifically omitted names cuz I'm wasn't looking to shame anyone. It was more of a "Look at this ridiculous shit". Which if it was a joke, was maybe the original intent of the post anyway? Most of the responses from ppl I've gotten on twitter didn't see it as a joke neither and I didn't take it out of context beyond not linking this entire thread so I guess it's hard to tell joke from real unless you're tight in here.

TLDR:
Piston said he was joking and that makes sense. Good goof. I still have no idea if Zoggy was joking but from what I've read from others here, he was. So yea, I got got. I got got good. Hate on me if it makes you feel better but I wasn't tryin to put anyone on blast. glhb.

Fireblend

Banned
Oh right! The FE quicklook was going up today. Guess I'll watch... HOLY SHIT IS THIS A DAN+AUSTIN QUICK LOOK?

And that strong start, oh my god. Christmas in february.

I know we brought it up before, but it seriously confounds me that Demo Derby doesn't happen more often.

I wonder if it's due to scheduling? I imagine Dan, Drew and Jeff don't always have their schedule openings overlap to where they can sit down and do a two hour Demo Derby. Especially with Drew and Jason probably being pretty focused on the new studio.

Or they like denying us joy.

I think we are quick to forget that outside of our community, people might not be able to pick up on sarcasm and jokes. However, taking a screengrab of a post from here and posting it up without context probably feels like a jab at the gaf community for some people. Especially if one doesn't use Twitter and especially because it made it around to the people we enjoy consuming content from. Kind of a pants-down situation that wasn't actually there.

I still love you Fobby.

ATS: disabled cops, disabled damage, installed 2200hp engine

driving 120mph down the shoulder of I-5, checking police cruisers into guardrails and valleys

best game got better

The Giant Bomb Effect for me was:

- Picross 3D
- Anything Shin Megami Tensei related
- Battlefield Bad Company 1
- Sleepy Dawgs
- Greed Corp, which was an XBLA game I bought because the Quick Look seemed cool and that game was pretty sweet but nobody played it

popo

I think we are quick to forget that outside of our community, people might not be able to pick up on sarcasm and jokes. However, taking a screengrab of a post from here and posting it up without context probably feels like a jab at the gaf community for some people. Especially if one doesn't use Twitter and especially because it made it around to the people we enjoy consuming content from. Kind of a pants-down situation that wasn't actually there.

I still love you Fobby.

It is no big deal and no harm was done. If only Steve had taken the time to post "you srs Piston WTF?" before tweeting about it, all this could have been avoided. If you are not sure if someone is joking or shitposting, take the time to make sure before you internet shame them :D

Meneses

I know we brought it up before, but it seriously confounds me that Demo Derby doesn't happen more often.

I wonder if it's due to scheduling? I imagine Dan, Drew and Jeff don't always have their schedule openings overlap to where they can sit down and do a two hour Demo Derby. Especially with Drew and Jason probably being pretty focused on the new studio.

Or they like denying us joy.

I mean, it is pretty hard to schedule stuff around 17 hour lunch breaks.

Seriously though, Demo Derby needs to happen like every couple weeks at least, please

Tubobutts

The things I've bought because of Giant Bomb were:
-Trackmania
-Kerbal
-A puzzle game I can't remember the name of
-Box Boy
-King of Dragon Pass
-Gunpla

And there are probably some steam games I bought when I had a computer that worked that I can't remember.

IN Fire Emblem news I got to rub a face twice and then blow on my DS.

alright, I'll do this, let's go down my steam library

60 Seconds!
The Beginner's Guide
Besiege
Brothers
Car Mechanic Simulator 2014
Castle in the Darkness
Corporate Lifestyle Simulator
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Downwell
The Fall
Grow Home
Hacknet
Her Story
Human Resource Machine
Invisible inc
Legend of Grimrock
One Finger Death Punch
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Please, Don't Touch Anything
Read Only Memories
Rebel Galaxy
Time Clickers

justjim89

Off topic as all get out, but can anyone else with AT&T U-Verse internet speak to its quality, or lack thereof? We've had it for about a year now, and it seems like complete trash. Low download speed for Steam (1.5 MB/s tops) and the inability to stream HD video on two devices at once without constant pausing and buffering. It seems to have gotten progressively worse for the year or so we've had it.

mhanna49

Neo Member
Games I bought or played because of Giant Bomb:

Dying Light
Spintires
Gods Will Be Watching
Lara Croft GO
World of Guns: Gun Disassembly
Time Clickers
Luftrausers
Marvel Heroes 2015

Off topic as all get out, but can anyone else with AT&T U-Verse internet speak to its quality, or lack thereof? We've had it for about a year now, and it seems like complete trash. Low download speed for Steam (1.5 MB/s tops) and the inability to stream HD video on two devices at once without constant pausing and buffering. It seems to have gotten progressively worse for the year or so we've had it.

*Mad*

Is it internet delivered over a cellular connection? I actually can't figure out what it is from the AT&T page. There may be bandwidth limiters based on your policy, peak usage bullshit, or other arbitrary things. Do you notice the problems at all times or only during certain blocks?

Meneses

dolphin brah

I could never get the games to run great on Dolphin, there was always some bug or glitch or freeze.

Haven't tried it in a while though, and since my Gamecube and Wii are back home and i'm itching to play some actual Fire Emblem after the Quick Look, I might try it now.

The thing about old Fire Emblem games is I totally can't go back to the ones that don't have the Awakening-style overlay you can toggle for enemy movement ranges. That thing is so essential.

daydream

Banned
The thing about old Fire Emblem games is I totally can't go back to the ones that don't have the Awakening-style overlay you can toggle for enemy movement ranges. That thing is so essential.

you mean the option of having it turned on at all times? 'cause you can look at the enemy's movement even in the gba games

edit: i guess you said 'toggle' so that's probably what you mean. it's not such a big deal for me, i like the look of the gba ones the best, i think

you mean the option of having it turned on at all times? 'cause you can look at the enemy's movement even in the gba games

edit: i guess you said 'toggle' so that's probably what you mean. it's not such a big deal for me, i like the look of the gba ones the best, i think

Yeah, specifically how Awakening lets you have the pink overlay that displays every square that's reachable by some enemy, and then additionally you can toggle red movement overlays for specific enemies you want to watch out for. It's a really nice system.

justjim89

*Mad*

Is it internet delivered over a cellular connection? I actually can't figure out what it is from the AT&T page. There may be bandwidth limiters based on your policy, peak usage bullshit, or other arbitrary things. Do you notice the problems at all times or only during certain blocks?

Nah it's a broadband deal as far as I know. Got a AT&T brand modem/router combo plugged into the family PC downstairs that distributes the cable signal and the internet. Haven't noticed any particular pattern of time for it to happen, it's pretty common. It might just be that the cable and the internet is put out through the modem. But it's bad. Like, I've had to watch the WWE show on my phone on data instead of on my laptop on wifi just to get decent stream quality tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom